The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

If helping others makes you feel good, I’d say that’s fundamentally unselfish. I think it’s denial or loss of something to others as a result of pursuing one’s desires that makes a behavior selfish. In this essay I will…

7 Likes

Those plants look really happy where they are

7 Likes

Although I do have a lot on, I still do have room to put these straight to use.

2 Likes

I figured you might make some room😁 you are amongst the group of people that have been waiting the longest for me to get off my ass. I expect a trade to show up in the mail in the next day or two and I’ll be headed to the post office the following day

5 Likes

May I ask for some of that? I certainly don’t want to prevent anyone from getting it that needs it immediately but I will certainly use it.

I will immediately dust a cola on each of these…

13 Likes

Looks like it might be almost too late with those girls. How long do they flower? They look like about 4 weeks in and you need 5 to be safe, I think it is. If they flower longer than 8 weeks you’d be okay.

I’m just guessing you’re at week 4 of flower. They look great.

What are you growing? They both look sativa dominate. Nice work.

5 Likes

These are two looks of “Jamaican Berry” super autos from Flash seeds whom I believe are in Spain. Supposedly a rasta sativa worked with blueberry and their ruderalis. The third bean was true auto, done in about 110 days, already curing. You’re probably right, it’s still throwing them out but slowing down and thickening.

Thank you :blush:

4 Likes

Damn, I had know idea autos were looking like that these days. Nice job.

5 Likes

Well these would be considered failures amongst the auto crowd I think. It’s true they flowered early but these two have been otherwise normal in progress. Very sativa bud forms on both but the left one I’m thinking is close to the rasta parent.

The third is what auto people look for I think.

13 Likes

Temps are dropping here already. Had a night of 5c already which is very unusual. Anyways here is the Zacateca I stuck outside. I have stopped doing light dep and am pretty confident that it won’t get too upset. We still have 14 hours 11 minutes here of daylight. By the 31st it will be at 13 hours 42 minutes. Anyways the cold seems to have brought out a few colours! :purple_heart:

29 Likes

She looks really good. nice and happy

4 Likes

that looks really nice, tasty too

4 Likes

Very healthy! Looks delicious too. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

As of this morning…still going pretty strong

13 Likes

Sent out pollen this morning to those who requested it. Smaller amounts than I hoped as I sneezed and lost a portion of my pollen at one point…

The seeded female come along…

11 Likes

Haha yep it gets me sneezing as well. I started wearing a mask any time I open the tent and using a good furnace filler so it doesn’t go around my house.

5 Likes

That reminds me I need to change my furnace filter… thank you! :wink:

2 Likes

I have a question for you good knowledgeable people. Now I know these are seriously worked, I had no expectations of seeing a real nearly equatorial Sativa but the one as you can see sure is a close expression to my eyes. It looks like Asian ganja to me, Indian maybe.

That’s my question, from where did mj land in Jamaica? Is there some literature I should look for?

23 Likes

Ok so yeah, Jamaica, Mauritius etc. British colonies import Indian labor when slavery there ends and the Indians bring ganja with them. Forgive my noobidity, now that I have read it I realize I should’ve guessed it. Someone should invent a pocket genome analyzer…

4 Likes

nice palnts, i can taste them from here,
yeah agree with above @GREANDAL, and then some of the local liked it and cultivated it as their own.
and being in the environment the strains adapted and became land races, ect

3 Likes