The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Oaxacan #1

18 Likes

i got some seed yesterday from @Upstate and i decided to try my luck with some
Oaxaca, i put down 2 so ill see what happens.
i for see good times ahead on these.

11 Likes

I flipped the double Panama red today and put them in the greenhouse.
. Approx 7 weeks, one a bit younger.

I’m off for a break, gave them a good watering ,hopefully they be fine when I return …in four or five days

Happy growing

18 Likes

Ok so I promise not to do this daily in the future but I’m so stoked with these I had to one more time.

6 for 6 Thai/Oaxacan

10 of 12 Oaxacan in the light. I will be surprised if the other 2 don’t show up within 12 hours.

The Thai/Oaxacan are different, as expected. All are healthy thus far.

Edit: the second photo is of two Oaxacan. Note how fast they’re climbing.

14 Likes

Meeting the man later…wonder what stuff might be available here…

4 Likes

Ye…I knew it a Cripy, Crispi, Creepy,etc all over South America and Central America.

Whatever…lovely smoke…bit rough ,prob…not cured right…but a lovely hit…
10 Grms …$20![image|666x500](upload://srqCIvPnRSLPoNkJavvOrPxGB0o

That’s the tourist price, couldn’t .jpeg) .

19 Likes

Visit and find out…It’s a place that was run down …t but thankfully since Coronavirus…it’s rebounding…got great vibes…and the folks are so nice…

Old steam engine…used by the United fruit company when Bananas were king…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golfito![image|666x500](upload://ywmHBPWqRAGMqlVZ2ZuORUOc3nu.jpeg)

12 Likes

Old SilverThai going strong! Number 1 gonna need a bigger everything!!

Also got my new gnat vacuum. Works awesome. Trap and release outdoors. Took out 90 percent of the flying bugs with this tool. Not cheap but worth it.

Check this leaf out.

Now comes the part!!!

16 Likes

Sweet! :+1: How many days in?

3 Likes

Better switch to flower mode lol. These look extra vigorous.

4 Likes

Old Silversides buds can look so different plant to plant. If I didn’t know better I would think they are different Oaxaca plants entirely. I have my original OSS plant flowering now, and without lots of sucker shoots she looks like she will.produce actual buds rather than just loose collections of calyxes.

13 Likes

Ok I will move them into the other room and see what happens

2 Likes

About 23 days in. I got 3 panama haze from @lefthandseeds about the same size. I am guessing I better put them in the boom boom room as well. Thanks!

10 Likes

That looks promising, he said, reeling his tongue back in. :joy:

I can see what a difference being beaten by rain makes.

2 Likes

The number one plant( in particular)wants to stretch for the stars. You may want to transplant all these in small increments to contain them from getting too large. The Temptation is to put these into a large container because they are fast Growers, but you want to do the opposite. The plants don’t need much more room. They are ready to be switched to flowering and up potted to a 1 quart or half gallon container. In a couple/few weeks increase the size again if it looks like you have the head room. When you switch to flower these things are going to really gain size and height after a few weeks. Transplanting in small container size increments you should be able to harvest a plant between 3 and 4 ft tall with a little training/folding. @Yobigdaddy finishes these type plants in 1 gallon containers, so if you are good at feeding plants, this is a good option as well. The smaller the container you can keep them happy in, the more plants you will be able to keep until harvest.
Pretty plants.

11 Likes

Good grief those are rockets! :rocket:

I’m sticking to 12/12 I think.

4 Likes

Todo Hermosa!

3 Likes

@lefthandseeds
Beware @SkunkHunt101 they grow real fast once you flip…and a big stretch…unfortunately I got three males …but the female was a great smoke…and I got some seeds left for a future run… happy growing.

Ps. They don’t need much nutes …go easy…

10 Likes

Spot on! Yes they can get quite leggy, so topping/training is a good idea indoors. I think they lean toward the OT haze, so they’re gonna eat like sativas eat.

Great looking plants @Panamajock. Those two on the left look the most like my girl, so I expect your female was pretty hazey yea?

5 Likes

You Know…they were great to grow…honest not a problem, the yield wasn’t great from the one fem…But vigourous…ye…my next round with your seeds I will prune more…but smoke wise…excellent…I do a lot of walking about here in nature …and it was a amazing morning smoke. With the Cage buzz …ye Ricooo
LOL …nice sativa buzz…I’ve just dug u some pics of them getting leggy.

Notice the lovely sativa leaves a.

Thanks again for the seeds…totally OG

18 Likes