The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Looks like she’s in for a real pounding.

5 Likes

Nothing happened …I separated them …I’m a Catholic …lol

7 Likes

Yea, yield is definitely the weakest part of my cut. If you want a lot of bud, it’s not the one. But the smoke is awesome. I love it.

8 Likes

I hope you follow my grow of the Double Panama…that be real interesting…same as maybe waiting approx 20 weeks till ready…

Ye
Take care

5 Likes

I’m in for sure. That one is really interesting to me.

5 Likes

Honest mate…one of the fotos I took …they…plants were so healthy…They grow like Sativas should grow…

3 Likes

Reply Whaaa… great foto

2 Likes

Look t that …Hermosa!

14 Likes

The ancient question man has asked for thousands of years. Quantity or quality. I prefer quality myself. All the mediocre pot in the world won’t put your head where you want it, but smoke one bowl of the good stuff and you’ll forget all about the difficulties of keeping the jar full as your mind travels to the far corners of the universe😁

21 Likes

I’m with you guys @lefthandseeds and @Upstate
IMO if the smoke isn’t there, then is nothing to talk about. Period.
On the other hand, good smoke that tastes bad or the high doesn’t last very long…. Leaves some room for improvement. I’m just saying.

5 Likes

what do you guys’ think is the holy grail cannabis from central America?
there has to be that one magical strain.
what if any ideas from you all?

4 Likes

Tell me more about it. What’s it called? Have you had it? What’s it like? Are others saying about it. ?

2 Likes

haha i dont think others have found the holy grail of weed,
we are all chasing the same thing.
for me i would say it is like this,
in a plant i look for good growth and that they are happy to be alive.
in the smoke it has to be long lasting.
energetic smooth high with no negative come down but a gentle ease, an almost all-day smoke
that brings happiness and stops any stress and is nothing but positive
i have one of the two Oaxaca coming up. so perhaps it is this one.
i think at one time we all would have smoked on this great magical strain, i just hope it is a female but im sure i can use the male for pollen but i need seedless for the start of this run.

now i would imagine that there still has to be a holy grail strain or land race from Central Americans an all sought out strain. what it is i am looking for

6 Likes

Good answer brother I just wanted to hear your thoughts.
I’m hearing good things about Oaxacan. I haven’t tried it myself but It was offered to me by @Upstate. At the time I had my hands way too full. I didn’t want to accept something that I wasn’t prepared to use.
I have been following alone and reading as much as I can about land races. I think I’m going to try to put my hands on a couple not I think I may know that to do with them.
Hopefully oaxacan will be one. I’m also interested in something Afghan.

7 Likes

@Blu-Tri Oaxaca i know i smoked but growing it is another. From what i understand is it is a nice plant. i also enjoy the history and heritage i am about to receive, i am trying to pop 2 seed as one has come up.
as far as Afghan, yes there are so many strains, i like Afghan kush and pck is nice but way off topic

5 Likes

I really looking for something that hasn’t been played with too much.
I’m looking for something to that doesn’t have any glue or cookie in it.
I don’t want the tobacco taste either.
I’m looking for cinnamon, spices.

4 Likes

maybe you like thai stuff i

3 Likes

Never had any. Who has it?
I get disappointed when I smoke bud that tastes like cigarettes.

3 Likes

That cinnamon, spice weed comes from India’s East coast in particular. Orissa landrace comes to mind. @Shiv9545 may have something. If not, landrace mafia or Indian Landrace Exchange will have it.
Check out Indian landrace thread.
Even if you choose only one landrace to work with, if you take the time to isolate your favorite pheno and create an ibl, when you use it for breedinh you will truly have something no one else has. Something unique.

9 Likes

A few years ago I smoked something that was reminded me of a snickerdoodle, or cinnamon nut bread. It was beautiful.
Sorry I missed the oaxacan give away. I respect your thoughts.

4 Likes