The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

The Oaxacan seeds are getting started tonight…Panama seeds are taking their time getting here. @dequilo…interested in the Guerrero?

5 Likes

It has a very smooth taste. Nice racy sativa high.

She told me when first jarred it, there was more of a pine smell. Now it has more of a sweet smell.

It dried a little too much. It was reading 52% when I got it. Added a Boveda 62 pack to it. Now at 57%.

Smokes nicer now. Buds do not crumple and the high seems more intense. My oldest son said he could feel the hit run through his body.

8 Likes

Hey, I found it! I’m getting at it a little late but I’ll try and keep up.

I have:

1. random old Mexican seeds from an older hippy type…
  2. panama red seeds from the same guy.

I have gotten one PR up and to flower but lost it. I haven’t had any luck with the Mexi but I only tried once. The guy that gave them to me to try and do better, had one Mexican very sativa plant going that I saw. He lost it to frost as he lives up pretty high in the mountains. He said before he lost it that it reeked of skunk all over his property. So, that has me stoked.

10 Likes

9 of 13 Oaxacan popped so far after 3 days. 2 are small yet, but the others should break ground tomorrow😁

7 Likes

I’m IN, Just put these down for a soak today

16 Likes

I got my hands on some Highland Oaxaca Gold, that the same as Oaxaca? I’m about to start running some Mexican red hair in my current harvest. Also have a black Mexican strain from Sierra Madre mountains. I plan on making more of the red hair if I get any males. Wouldn’t mind sharing updates in this thread

9 Likes

Excellent! Cant wait!

2 Likes

Absolutely join right in! Happy to have you here!
The Mexican Redhair needs no introductions…good find…I’ll keep my fingers crossed you get a male. Yes ,Oaxacan Highland is Oaxacan. Is it from Cryptic Labs? GLG freebie?
What do you know of this Mexican Black? Sounds interesting for sure.

4 Likes

Little Oaxacan Highland babies. Three of the last four seeds did pop, but may not have the energy to grow. I’m happy with 9 if that’s all that make it.

19 Likes

Damn I have some red hair sensi too… gonna dig it up. That’s the stuff that’s was all over in the late 80’s…
:metal::sunglasses:

8 Likes

I got the Highland from Alter Ego and he got them from a grower from the 70’s named “Classic”. The Sierra Madre is from a craft breeder, here’s what he said about it: “This is an inbred heirloom strain that comes from the Michoacán State in Mexico. I received this strain 4 years ago from a Mexican grower I traded with. He had it in his collection for 15 years and got it himself from a well established older Mexican grower he knew. It’s just been inbred in that time not crossed with anything else. It is quite stable and a treat to use in new hybrid creations.”

If there’s a male and I make more seeds of the Red Hair, I’ll put it up for a preservation run. Same for the Mex. Black but idk when I’m running that

11 Likes

Excellent! Oaxacan sounds different than mine. Variety is the spice of life! All of them sound interesting.

6 Likes

Well I just checked on the seeds and he gave me 17 of them. Willing to put up 5-7 for a preservation run if you or anyone else wants to give it a go. Saw there’s a thread for this but still getting my sea legs on this site

5 Likes

Found the thread @Upstate

Some Oaxacan

underneath the leaves

24 Likes

14 Likes

100% made tails, Columbian Gold jumping out of the shells, Mexican Haze is iffy, made small tail. All are in coco k-cup and humidity cover, low light.

Also dropping a few Purple Hair Sensi, must have traded the Santa Marta, I read that it is the same as Columbian Gold which I’m running.

15 Likes

Those are some massive resin heads! No wonder it known to be so good! How was the smoke?

5 Likes

I didnt know Ace made those couple. Limited release?

3 Likes

My friend! I am no longer with u for the smoke has taken over my soul.

JK - in all seriousness it is so very fresh lemon. Tricky to cure and trim in my own way ;

Before I believe some of the strongest weed known. But perhaps the curing in the sun, hand rubbing to trim and hydrolic pressing damaged it’s reputation

It’s ok though I feel a need 4 it again ; it’s in the code amigo

6 Likes

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/zacatecatributeregularseeds.html

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/bangihazefem.html from what I can gather “Mexican Haze” is a generic for “brick weed”. My bad on provenance, I believe the Green/gold Mexican Heirloom was what OG’r told me.

I have 1- Bangi Haze left also along with an old pack of pollen from a nice male. And some O Haze I’ve been saving.

All my Ace stuff is Old Stock. …
:metal::sunglasses:

6 Likes