The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Hi @GREANDAL

Coming on well…

I got a lovely DP male coming on…got it in my shower room away from girls… LOL![

The girls are ok

image|666x500](upload://kxEmc3VJvLzBQ55fK658G4A7P5t.jpeg)

12 Likes

Hello @Panamajock! Looking good! :ok_hand:

4 Likes

That looks close! How long to go?

1 Like

How long is a piece of string …lol

There on week six , I’m baffled by the flowering time on the freakers (snow high) description of 18-20 weeks…the male is dropping pollen just now…that’s how it’s in the shower room… lol

Can only keep growing …all be reviled someday
Got a back up …

7 Likes

Mine went quicker than the listed time too, but i figured the seedrun had something to do with that. The BCO Panama thats part of this hybrid was collected this century and is a more modern Panama with a quicker flowering time( hybrid). How fast I haven’t found out, but I’d guess its similar to Cannabiogen Panama. Perhaps there is still a long ways to go. Some start fast and then take their time.
Original description was 18-24 weeks. The 74 Panama phenos will go the distance. One plant in particular( jungle girl) really took its time when I grew it. I made sure most of the seed i sent you was from her. The only pure Panama out there is the 1974 Red Cross Panama.
Plants are looking great. Nice male!

8 Likes

Yup. That ones gotta go. What is it? Oaxaca?

5 Likes

Yes, the hopeful dwarf sadly. In every way healthy as it can be. :joy:

5 Likes

Thats a bummer. I wanted to see that one flower. The only full on hermie i found was in the Thai and was not used. It had full on male branches form after growing as a female for 8 or 9 weeks. The male Oaxacas were used on the Thai, so they are unknown. Going to potentially take a couple generations to get rid of that trait in the Thai Oaxaca too. Hope you have better luck with the rest of them.
The male flowers are on main stalk only? If yes, remove them and wait…

6 Likes

Ok I’ll give that a try. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Moving day and sexing party!

4 confirmed females

1 fast showing stud

Everyone else we still call Pat, nothing showing.

O1 is the dwarf that threw the male flowers on the stalk, underwent emasculation today. To be watched with great suspicion…

9 Likes

Closer inspection of the T/O reveals two males

Rather difficult to restrain my excitement, just handling these has released a mighty promising smell.

11 Likes

Oh man! Hoping they are as potent as they smell! Exciting you got a couple males of each😁
Stinky male, female or both? Oaxaca or Thai/ Oaxaca is stinky?

3 Likes

Both are developing fragrances. the Oaxacan that strangely familiar smell from the late 70’s with an almost caramel component. Let me just say it tickles my memory in a real way. Trying to remain objective here. :joy:

The Thai is almost in your face peppery with nothing sweet about them at all yet but I mean fierce. The Thai male stems are already tacky with resin.

The T/O males are the most pungent right now. The Oaxacans are much milder at the moment.

8 Likes

Day 44

T/O girls starting to show

13 Likes

My Mexican heirloom buds are seeded up pretty well at a little over three weeks since flipping to 12/12.

The strain has a lot of hermaphroditism in it. Hopefully the male and female I chose won’t pass this trait down. They both seem to be true male and female.

21 Likes

Lovely plants! :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Some colombian landrace seeds, very kindly provided by my friend elchischas. Im amazed with the “red” ones. This ones and some bshw are the only colored seeds that ive ever seen

And a beautiful jalisco*aguascalientes bud from elchischas

24 Likes

Look like a few Columbian Gold seeds I have

14 Likes

very nice. congrats on the babies. how many seed do you think you will end up with? any guess?
well done for sure

4 Likes

Hard to say. She should give a fair amount. She seems pretty full. I have 4 of her clones 4 weeks behind her with seeds too. Since it is a preservation project for the FBSC, I am sure there will be some available through a sign up.

4 Likes