The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

I have been following your postings, and I am interested in the Copper Canyon. In all honesty when I saw the growth structure I thought it might not turn out so well. Not everything is a diamond in the rough after all. The buds speak for themselves though. Looks fantastic.

My heirloom reproduction run is coming close to completion. It is entering the seventh week of flower and the seeds are getting darker. I should harvest in the next few weeks. (Edit-photo is of the vintage ‘93 Mexican.I forgot to say that.)

19 Likes

I’ve spent 35 years exploring the Catskill Mts and still haven’t seen it all.

No doubt. Free thinkers have been a thorn in their side since the beginning.

7 Likes

That sure is a beauty. We’ll have to keep in touch . I’ll be growing the same one😁I hadn’t seen that picture yet. Thats a beauty! Looks like Zamal.
@Motaco what is that one?
@gmike how many weeks does CC go? 12-14?

6 Likes

I grew up in Arkansas, fascinated by pretty much everything I saw, and I never came close to understanding it completely. In fact, there is a place called Albert Pike in the Ouachita (pronounced “Washita”) National Forest that I’ve been going to since I was a teen, where I discover something nearly every time I go there. Several creeks run through there, and each one has a distinct strain of crayfish and smallmouth bass, and the occasional trout. I’ve found awesome crystals, foxfire (a bioluminescent fungus), copperheads (all with unique patterns) and innumerable other small details.
I was also stationed at Fort Drum, and got to see a lot of the flora and fauna there. It was awesome. Upstate New York has some really nice wild areas, contrary to what people believe about the Northeastern United States.

5 Likes

That is what comes to mind when someone mentions a landrace sativa. Beautiful plant. I bet the smoke is psychedelic.

5 Likes

Wow! Looking great Mike, hope you are well my friend!

3 Likes

It’s quite likely some genetics from Panama or Colombia. While most of the reggie brick weed is sativa landrace, there has been some genetics from Europe or the USA in it. People there are just barely getting by, so they aren’t as concerned with preservation of landraces as we are. I’m not criticizing them; higher yield and shorter flowering times mean more food for their families.
As if we needed another reason to despise cannabis prohibition…

1 Like

That photo is of the vintage ‘93 Mexican heirloom I am doing a reproduction run with.

7 Likes

OST and PHaze having some issues with the big leaves. Not sure what I am doing wrong. They were loving life and now the brown spots and drooping. Im not seeing spider mites under the leaves. The buds all look great but some leaf yellowing as well as brown and curling. I feed dragonfly earth meds very low dose and filtered water. My place is super dry and temps can fluctuate to 60s some nights

7 Likes

Very nice nld plants! Look like a nutrients def. They gonna love some ph water with cal mag, calnit+MagSul

3 Likes

Ok thanks for the info. Im doing my best. They are in small pots maybe I need new soil in there or a bit bigger with some worm castings.

5 Likes

Im a hydro guy. If you are doing organic i cant help you much sorry. But they look like they gonna love some kelp/ fish fertilicer.

4 Likes

I’m finally having to feed too and in the same size pot. I’m using 1/4 teaspoon/1gal Jack’s (tap) and watering daily. My soil is really airy though.

5 Likes

They seem to be liking it.

9 Likes

I run Mills AB and R on my vegging plants and Dragonfly earth meds fat flowers in the bud room. I have not been using much of any on the sativas. I will try to not dilute so far as well as get the other things posters mentioned. I want to finish these seeds out well for distribution later in the year. Will be a few more weeks easily till they are done.

4 Likes

It’s a unicycle on a tightrope, sativa in a 1gal pot. :joy:

4 Likes

And juggling!..
:laughing: :vulcan_salute:

I’d suggest an up-pot to 3 or 5 gallon. What is the pH of your water?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

A lot of plants …especially Sativas drop there fan leaves as the plant matures into flower…as long as the new sugar leaves and the bud are still fine…shouldn’t be a
Problem…my Double Panama did it, shed most of the fan leaves.

Happy growing

PJ

6 Likes

I did notice the newer growth looks ok and generally the plants look decent for my amateur attempt. Thanks for the info

4 Likes

Time to transplant. They are hungry. They shouldn’t get too much bigger on you at all. Go 2 gallon pots maybe…what are they in now? I’d go double size. ( if you just want seeds to finish, they will do so in current container.
Don’t stress. Without frequent transplants my plants would look similar. Its very difficult to keep light feeding plants happy in very small containers for long periods of time. @YoBigdaddy is the master. You have to be a plant whisperer😁
As @Panamajock mentioned, lots of sativas drop their fan leaves in mid flower, especially if there are many seeds on the plant.

7 Likes