The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

I’m considering it. They’re not as yellow as this light makes them look, they’re a pretty vibrant green.

3 Likes

Oaxacan menagerie

O1, currently female…lol

Twiggy and Olive

My current favorite, this habit is like a firework or straw broom. Cool.

And talk about the cool kid’s office plant…

22 Likes

Interesting the legginess of your Oaxacan, I am running some and they are more x-mas tree shaped.

5 Likes

I have never seen so many different forms at once from 12 seeds. Pretty awesome.

The two closest to the tent door are more the conical shape I’m used to.

4 Likes

How many weeks in flower are you now? Are you producing seeds as well? Those all can from the same pack, crazy!

3 Likes

Well they went into soil Nov 20 on 12/12 and have remained so. I can’t really say when flowering began, it was different for each one just like the males.

Yes I’m going to make seeds. About ready to pollinate.

5 Likes

I will soon have dry pollen to share if anyone is interested. Um…quite a bit. :joy:

5 Likes

The one male I have is a prolific pollen producer. Pollinated the girls and still busting a nut.:grin:

2 Likes

It’s a damn pollen haboob in that cabinet man. lol

4 Likes

I’m extremely careful when I open it. Change clothes, shower etc.

2 Likes

I had to mask up because every time I handled the male, my sinuses were wrecked for the day. After that I have started wearing a mask.

6 Likes

I just treat it like asbestos or radioactive dust. lol It’s a helpful mindset.

6 Likes

Dang…i keep missing out.
Hard for me to get on here every day.
I’d like to see how they do outside.

3 Likes

This is my Oaxaca serenade … :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

You certainly can. Started indoors, outside in first week of June, harvested first week of November. I’m at 42.9N. It’s doable here, shouldn’t be a problem there. You might need some kind of light dep setup.

Just like @Upstate though the rain this year beat the crap out of them. No doubt lost a lot of resin but it’s still good smoke.

9 Likes

When did you start them indoors?

2 Likes

Second week of May if I remember correctly. First transplant happened when they moved outside.

1 Like

Did they finish in October? I’m in Virginia and was looking to start some Thai for outdoors but am having a hard time pinning when to start em

4 Likes

I’m not familiar enough with growing Thai to give that kind of advice I’m afraid but @Upstate or any number of folks here are. I need to get back in my lane! :joy:

2 Likes

That’s on me for being in the Central American Landrace thread lol.

4 Likes