The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Virginia has 12 hour days on September 21st, which is most likely between 6 and 8 weeks from your first Frost. You’ll need to choose what Thai you want to grow and it’s flowering time. Subtract the amount of weeks you are frost free after September 21st from the total numbr of flowering time days. You want to start Force flowering your Thai plants this amount of days prior to September 21st ±

6 Likes

Flowering began on November 20th

2 Likes

You’re pathetic groveling has worked lol. ( that’s supposed to be funny, thanks for the laugh( song) P.m. me your address. Next time I send some out I’ll make sure you are included.

5 Likes

Well technically I suppose you could say that. I’m not sure at what point the plant has the ability to produce/utilize those hormones.

2 Likes

Certainly takes a while for the plants to hit sexual maturity, but flowering time begins when 12 /12 begins. The more tropical The Strain, the longer it takes to start actual flower production. If you were to grow these plants under a 24-hour cycle, and then switch to 1212 flowering cycle, the flowering time would be the same as what you are doing now @GREANDAL

4 Likes

Thank you.
I used to be terrible at groveling, but my wife made sure i got better at it. :rofl:

7 Likes

Well that was intense…

My apologies but I was so focused I didn’t get any pics of the root masses but they all three looked like totally colonized mycelium. Hardly any soil visible. :joy: Thirty minutes later they seem pleased.

13 Likes

Funny how that works huh? :joy:

2 Likes

Talking about seeds…

Few weeks back I hit a branch of one of the Double Panama with some pollen from the bushy male.

Seems to have worked, well chuffed…I just used some cotton buds …and put some in a poly bag and covered the buds for 24 hrs.

Ye lookin good.

Ps. So @Upstate dowe have a Triple Panama red ? Made in Panama :panama: lol

We getting there.

PJ

12 Likes

I could germinate them on the equinox (21 Mar), keep them in a 2 or 3 gallon container through April and have them in the ground on the first of May. I’d put them in the ground in April, but every year we have a cold spell sometime in April. I’d have at least until the end of November, maybe even early to mid December.
Your plants are beautiful, by the way.

5 Likes

That sounds workable to me. Thank you :blush:

3 Likes

The Thai I have came from @DiggySoze Xmas auction. Think imma start them indoors late Feb early March. Then put them outside end of April. That should give them 8 months before first frost and hopefully they will be done by then. If not I can always have one going in the tent at the same time. Though I was gonna put a male in there for future pollen use but oh well.

7 Likes

Lol!:rofl::sweat_smile::joy:. Sounds like we are both experts​:grin:

3 Likes

On topic, but kinda off…

How common are black seed phenotypes for any cannabis? I lived in the midwest just over a decade ago, and that was the only time in my life where we would commonly find black seeds in weed; it was a loooot of mexican/cartel weed. Havent seen it since moving away. It always baffled me, even then.

7 Likes

Excellent work my friend! Putting some Panama back into Panama😁 I thought you might " spill" some pollen LOL

4 Likes

You don’t see the small black seeds very often at all. I have heard some Thai strains have the trait. Personally I think it’s just a more wild genotype. Wild seeds are always smaller then their domesticated cousins. Being on the Wilder side, the original cannabinoid profile is intact. Got to be something special in there

3 Likes

You will have to give them 12 hours of Darkness each night to induce flowering. Otherwise they will just grow vegetatively until September and you will get some half-ass bud production until they die. You’ll have to ask Worcestershire Farms to be sure, but as far as I know the flowering time is 16 to 20 weeks. I would start flowering July 1st at the latest, early June is better

2 Likes

I took your advice, but f**k it took me ages to separate from he petals etc …lol
Ye chuffed.

Starting week 11 …bulking out but the plant is still making pistels…and foxtailing at the top.

I done a tester…couple of days…sun dried couple of buds…and had a few joins. Ye exellent lovely Buzz, couch looked and dry mouth…glad I had some beers in.

The younger still in veg…5 weeks, nipped at fourth node…will re pot next week.

PJ

Pj

13 Likes

There are some fast plant’s in this Panama apparently. Hope it goes at least another month for you. Maybe it will take forever to ripen. Any plants falling behind?

5 Likes

Ok so this was a good call. Props @Gpaw for the nudge! They (I) were struggling but I think they’re close to done stretching and damn they’re happy this morning.

I count half a dozen seeds so there are likely twice that going and I’m happy with that. I wanna SMOKE THIS. LOL

The tall one gets leaned over as soon as I build a cradle…

Also big respect for @YoBigdaddy, I don’t know how you do it…yet. :joy:

Sorry Gpaw, I had to go back and check!

10 Likes