The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

they are quiet good looking 12 fingers

1 Like

Might be a dumb question but is the Oaxacan Gold strain the same as Oaxacan Highland strain? I also saw a “Oaxacan Wise” on leafly but without much info.

3 Likes

Biggest plants I ever saw pictures of were grown from seed with river water, one shovel each of kelp, blood and bone meal, lots of compost. Sad to hear creeks are being pumped dry, but the water is magical.( fish and other water critters think so too)

A bigger plant than the one pictured yielded 25lb of bud plus a bunch of larfy stuff.

17 Likes

This “new” one its really different from the 12 fingers line. Even for me its a very unknow pure mexican strain, i’m start to spread seeds so we will be watching little by little about this one.

5 Likes

Saying Oaxaca is a lot like saying Afghani. It is a huge region that has historically grown marijuana for a very long time. God only knows how many Oaxacan strains there are or were.

8 Likes

I grew Salvia Divinorum for years. Then Amazonian Cubensis. Both are from the Oaxaca reigion so im really looking forward to working with this plant.

3 Likes

I’m sure excited! I’ll be Poppin them as soon as I get them
Thanks for stopping in! Honored to have you here.

6 Likes

The full name is Highland Oaxacan Gold, or HOG. High on the hog LOL. I looked for 4 years and this is the only legit oaxacan out there that I have found so far. Others are hybrids imo( and phylos ). Contamination started to begin in Earnest in 1979 but happened before that.
This new Oaxaca is looking very interesting as well. I don’t know if we should call it Oaxaca, or Guerrero, as it comes from a border region. Flowering time is where it should be.

6 Likes

“Flowering time was listed at 18 or 20 weeks to 24 weeks,” <---- ?

2 Likes

I think the West Coast of Mexico has a different gene pool than the rest of Central and South America. It seems that most of the genetics in these other regions most likely arrived from the East, while Mexican genetics( on the west coast at least), most likely have some ancestry from the West mixed in.

7 Likes

I can’t imagine it not traveling with the kind hands and heart of the right Shaman.

1 Like

i have too lately gathered a little information that acording a good long hunter of mexican found the west side like acapulco, guerro michoacan to be most interesting. very vaguely said, overall west side very interesting…

like said, its my first vague idea i gathered that the trip could rather be found in the west

3 Likes

If this offer is still open I would be humbled to give these a grow. I’m thinking the timing should be right if they were started later this month or early next month indoors and then moved outside after it warms up a bit.

2 Likes

Columbian Gold. 45 days in flower.

20 Likes

For Mexi? 18-24? Seems really long for Mexi…

3 Likes

You got it. Pm me your address. 13-16 weeks flowering. Unless you are down South you willl have to force flower

1 Like

Very nice! Looks like squirrel tail quite a bit, with those clumps of leaves near the tips. Bud spacing is tighter with the Colombian.

1 Like

I didn’t actually know. The time frame I typed was found by me in this thread while scrolling for any info about flowering period. :man_shrugging:

@Upstate , i assume you SFP* (*Suggested Flowering Period) is:

2 Likes

Aahhh. That 18-24 weeks was the listed time for Double Panama. Yr corrrct 13-16 for Cryptic Oaxaca.

2 Likes

YEAHHH! FASTER OAXACA! :smiley: :fist_right: :fist_left:

13-16 IS faster than 18-24 :rofl:

3 Likes