The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Avert your eyes…

Gave her a wiggle and whattaya know…

These are smaller still. :joy:

Now to take a shower :shower:

8 Likes

Grenadal, for a pure old sativa, that is making fantastic resins early on. :+1:

On a separate note, I am not super into the Ancient Aliens talk. I mean I don’t really care, but is does clog and clutter the thread with unrelated posts for the readers.

4 Likes

I am surprised myself. I don’t know if starting them at 12/12 made a difference, my harsh treatment of them or what but even so they almost look like hybrid mids to me now. Knowing what they actually are I’m excited. Unexpected to be sure.

I can hardly wait for that first oily joint.

3 Likes

Oaxaca and Thai both put out resin early for sure. It’s a slow steady build-up. Looks like the early OST is a crusty one. Curious to see if the stem resin shows up in any of them later on in flower.
The hermie Oaxaca doesn’t look that bad at all. I bet it smokes well once you find the seed. You’ve sprayed it down daily?

5 Likes

HA! No. Just water, light, rotation and neglect. I was just after the seed I was sure must be there. I’m thinking it sure wasn’t effective pollen but perhaps it took to making the maximum number it could and put everything into that.

3 Likes

So this was a Hermie Greandal? Really nice look to these plants.

3 Likes

Yes. Hang on and I’ll find some earlier pics. It was radically different from the start. Darker, squat really seems truly dwarf. Never anything but Sativa though.

4 Likes

13 Likes

In the back there you see los tres hermanos

El cuarto hermano. In my office…

19 Likes

Looks a lot like one of the short Oaxaca I had. It was the plant that had slight hermie tendencies when I ran them. Outdoors as a clone it hermed as it ripened. No doubt there are siblings of this one in the seed I’ve passed out. It’s taste is special. Yields well. Nice fluffy buds. Delicious. Effect is the same as the others. Flowered 14 weeks first time.
Look at those 11 finger leaves…so nice.

4 Likes

Yes I think in the right circumstances it would be ideal. Gotta find those circumstances! :joy:

3 Likes

Beautiful. The male in the back rt corner( 3 plants in pic) looks awesome.
Looks like a short male in front too. They really are dwarf like in a small container.

3 Likes

Yeah they didn’t challenge the pot like the girls. They all started dropping within a week of each other but that one lasted longer

4 Likes

Now that you mention it, it does have an astringent quality the others don’t.

3 Likes

Very nice, really looks similar to a couple of these Red Snakes I’ve been running. So where is this Oaxaca line originating? I’m running some Zipolite from Bodhi right now along with the crosses. And then I also have some of Vermontman’s crosses using an Oxacan Gold that he has…then there’s the Highland one from DJ Short that no one has pure, some questionable ones from Snowhighs that are always crosses. Must be others too, hehe… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

mmmh, the highland ones from Short… delicious sounding

4 Likes

Here’s the Bodhi Zipolite Oaxacan. The female is looking sativa branchy, the other is a male I think. They look robust and start out with medium width leaves so may have some modern genetics. We shall see…I’m just happy to have one of each for now.

11 Likes

I don’t have any from DJ Short, just speculating…I could be wrong too, might be Guerrero I’m thinking of. All I know is there appear to be a bunch of different ones claiming to be Oaxacan. So, just trying to figure it all out. :smiley:

2 Likes

My Purple Mexican from Cannabiogen that I ran this fall threw a couple of male flowers early on and then no more. I don’t know if it was stress or what… I got a couple dozen seeds though and that was fine by me in this case. P Mexican is O79 x PCK, a delicious smoke btw. Here is one of the progeny:

12 Likes

These are @Upstate ’s repro of Cryptic labs Oaxacan Gold. As far as I know it’s legitimately as pure as it gets. Definitely a worked mix, I haven’t seen any hemp from anybody but thr Oaxaca region is enormous so all the differences don’t surprise me.

4 Likes