The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

My favorite from the beginning.

The one next to it is very similar but has significantly different bud form. The seeds are smaller and round, closer to wild maybe?

11 Likes

Yes the whole tent

3 Likes

Those small black seed plants are my favorite

3 Likes

You’re doing a better job growing them than I did

2 Likes

DO IT! :alien:

1 Like

I’m old enough to accept a compliment gracefully I hope but I feel like Gunga Din’s failed understudy. :laughing: Truly a case of fortune favoring the brave!

Much respect sir.

2 Likes

I went to do it twice but in the end I didn’t know what topic to put it under. Ancient technology is one of my favorite topics.

1 Like

How tall are these at the moment. The buds are way nicer when the plants are not topped.

2 Likes

Everyone is around 5 ft except the wisp. It’s pushing 6.

Wait, the green one is about 6 too.

Edit: I didn’t account for the bags, more like 5ft and 4ft respectively.

13 Likes

DONE:

2 Likes

Well done! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

I can’t even try to unravel the odor riot in here.

But I do know the dragon is here. :dragon:

11 Likes

That’s definitely on the tall side. I’ll be curious to see how the lower buds form. Old Silversides topped was less than 4 feet… did you end up with any short ones?

2 Likes

That’s interesting. I wouldn’t expect the form to change much because of that but there must be 100+ common expressions with this. I am very lucky here I think.

2 Likes

Remember O1? Turned out to herm viciously and I took it out. Has continued throwing pollen and in a few days I’ll get whatever seed it has made. It’s a strange one. I’m sure there are seeds on it somewhere but I can’t find any. Will maybe make a thimble of hash and try it.

2 Likes

I had one of those oaxaca’s like the one you are talking about. It looks like there are no seeds but you will find a bunch once you get into it. I thought I got every single seed off of my plant before I hung it up to dry in the closet… only to have 100 seeds fall and hit the ground the minute I touched it when it was dry. Have pics of #1?

3 Likes

Not currently but I’ll get some tonight.

2 Likes

OST looking weird but in a good way

These floppy ones are taking their time.

15 Likes

I love these wispy ones! Must be smelling citrusy sweet. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It is sweet! I wouldn’t say citrus yet but a little menthol/minty? Definitely different than any of the others. And the resin is really tacky. Plucking seeds yesterday got me excited. :laughing:

Mint the plant, not the candy.

4 Likes