The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

OH MY! :eyes:

Outstanding sir! I’ve got three of these going and this has me excited.

3 Likes

yes the stigmas are long on her. If you remember I posted picks of stiples( the green hairs that grow by the v of stem and branch they were a inch long as well. She’s got a bit of heat stress foxtailing on top but otherwise knock on wood the healthiest plant I’ve had this far into flower. No yellowing, no big difference between branch space so no stretching or to much light. All the leaves are beautiful green just a bit of heat stress my tent gets up to 93° with lights off. I have the light higher than normal as well just to be sure.

@gregog red skunk 18 finally is taking a stand against the heat!

13 Likes

This has been my experience too. Interestingly SEA strains are the most effective for me in that regard.

8 Likes

I need to get into some se asians. Good info, thanks. How was OST for pain? @GREANDAL

4 Likes

Looking good @420noob! Nice to see those Oaxaca plants rebounding nicely. Nana’s looking nice too.

@ClassicGenetix nice resin on those Jaliscos. What kind of scents is she putting out? I still have yet to dig into these so it’s nice seeing more of what to expect.

@rasterman Are those the from the #1 female Oaxaca pack? Looking great!

10 Likes

Yes. Making a few seeds and a lot of doobies hopefully.

4 Likes

OST was how I discovered this. Got me started in that area of inquiry. I’m thinking it’s thcv.

7 Likes

Me too. I knew that Thai plant was special. I still have her. There’s so many things I want to try, but i better make ost one of them.

5 Likes

What does it get up to with lights on?

2 Likes

Morning @GREANDAL

Excuse me for grabbing something from one of your posts… but I would like to ask what the OST acronym represents?

I’ve not heard that short-cut before, to name a Strain; OST

You talk pain, and THCv, sounds like @SativaKid stuff, but I’m really curious now G… Thanks for your Help!!

4 Likes

I made OST or Old Silver Thai by Crossing Old Silversides Oaxaca with a beautiful Thai strain that I found. The Thai y was absolutely dripping with resin but didn’t have an effect as powerful as one would expect from all that resin. I figured there must be something interesting going on with the cannabinoid profile so I decided to breed with it. It’s been an ongoing project. I cross each Summer’s Oaxaca plants with that Thai cutting. There are pictures in part one of this thread. I haven’t even grown it yet. @GREANDAL found some beauties and the strain was actually named by @Skunkhunt101 the other grower I passed out some seeds to.

11 Likes

Whaaa

They look real healthy…loving the :sunny:

P J

4 Likes

Thanks for that bit of Info @upstate.

Helps to navigate some of the these Acronyms…

Always picking things up here and there.

Best Wishes on the OST search n groom

4 Likes

Upstate beat me to it! lol

There were some really serpentine jungly plants and two that had the Oaxaca frame with fruity flavors from the sea side. They were NICE.

7 Likes

Lol it gets down to 77° with the lights on :rofl::rofl:. I turn my lights on at night so I can open my tent and let the ac roll inside the tent. Also with 115° days inside house temps get up to 90° with ac on full blast. Once sun goes down the ac can catch up and cool the house. It’s opposite then nature but if lights on during day will get up over 100° easy.

6 Likes

You don’t have any of those OST pictures Handy do you? Did just one plant give pain relief or all of them?

3 Likes

Guadalajara untopped.

14 Likes

I’ll look and see.

1 Like

This is all I find here. I’ll dive into my phone.

18 Likes

Figure I’d join in on this post since I live in the land of Sativas (Jamaica). Here are a couple Jamaican landrace strains I have going at the moment, these pics were taken this morning. You’ll know my favorite Pinky when you see her. Cheers!

20 Likes