The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

Would you be planning on collecting pollen from your Ropeadope if you get a male? I have a single female that I would like to F2.

2 Likes

Check out this article about columbian sativas, very interesting

10 Likes

Acapulco Gold starting to look like something.

27 Likes

Damn it @Greenfingers !!!

That Looks Good…They are ready to rock n roll

hats off to ya… My green w/envy hat

Congrats greenfingers you got a green thumb as well :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Oh thanks for posting this.

I’m still mulling it over …So far everything makes sense.

And with the Biological Diversity and different biospheres it doesn’t surprise me.

Colombia is a fantastic country

I was aware that the Colombian university was building a seedbank of Colombian strains as well as other research.

Ye thanks …very interesting.

P J

Talking Colombia.

Corinto ( Corinthian…Colombian LR

Chica 2 at 12 weeks in flower…The smallest of the three.still going strong ,as we transition out of the rainy season hoping for some tropical Sun for the last weeks…yes like a few Sativas I’ve grown here …they perform ok in the rainy season , very strong plants…

Ye Biodiversity

20 Likes

wow amazing looking plants as always! How do you keep the leaves so green this long into flower i always have leaves dying or whatnot lol?

heres oaxacan string of pearls pheno seeds

santa marta Colombian gold

cryptic labs oaxacan

the sop oaxacan has is about 2wks into flower. The other 2 havent shown any signs of flowering yet.:crossed_fingers: Hopefully soon though.

16 Likes

Your @420noob Santa Marta,s coming on great …getting the shape.

I grow my plants as natural as I can…maybe it’s the Rapadura! LOL

I vegged that plant for 13 weeks before I flipped…so the long vegging might have something to do with it.

Chica one she will be around 14 weeks in flower and she has been dropping leaves for weeks…so different variations.

I’m just happy they come through the rainy season so we’ll.im ever so happy with this grow…after wanting the Corinto for years.

Tough as nails .
@GREANDAL you done a fantastic job…thanks again.

I notice we are getting the second flowering on Chica 1 …

P J

19 Likes

Starting to use up those fans getting into high gear :gear:

Gonna be good times!

You’re welcome! :smiling_face:

5 Likes

My Oaxacan F2 cluster are making smoke for me. Look at the height of the tallest.(Forgive the poor framing - it’s pretty bright in there and I couldn’t see my screen.)

I had to pinch off the top to keep it from hitting the ceiling.

Of course, then I realized that I could have just put it on the floor. :woozy_face:

This one is looking to be the phattest of the bunch.

I’m getting a deja vu from last time. I can’t wait!

Shoutout to @deeez99, who gave me these seeds! :pray:

22 Likes

wow looking great @rasterman! any nice smells from that last chunky lady? I assume that is from the pack labeled #1 female? Thank you for growing them and sharing pictures here for all us!

6 Likes

still in veg - will keep you in mind for pollen, if it is a boy.

1 Like

Yeah #1 female. I’m not really getting any exciting smells yet but it gets pretty hot in the greenhouse during the day.

1 Like

The first time I ran the mother plant indoors during spring I was a little disappointed that she didn’t have hardly any smell but I kept a cut and ran it outdoors in the open that same year and the very same planted ended up with a heavenly wood/incense aroma that makes wonderful smoke. Hopefully she develops nicely for you by the end of the season.

7 Likes

Lovely my friend!! That is one legendary looking beast right there!

1 Like

I don’t even know if I can smell very well anymore. I’m growing other strains that are supposed to be loud and they’re not. I think maybe post-covid or covid vaccine, I can only smell the fruity smells. I hope not.

4 Likes

Guerrero

Nanan

Huixtepec

GT @Panamajock looking promising

23 Likes

@GREANDAL all of tour plants are looking great. I’m surprised by the growth pattern of the Nanan Bouclou though. Not as sativa looking as I’d thought they’d be.

5 Likes

Beautiful plants @GREANDAL looks like the spear style growth on the nanan is working well inside. Mine is at WK 16 today and I think it’s time to chop. All the big fan leaves have died or yellowed and still getting some new growth on the spear of destiny.

Here’s the non spear of destiny.

Here is spear of destiny still growing today.

Where I’m pointing is the wonky still growing spot.
@pinetarbastard not what I was expecting for a sativa either but glad as it left open spots in tent.

Also my Oaxacan string of pearls pheno is starting to throw pistils bunches so hopefully in next week or two will be able to see if it’s string of pearls or not :crossed_fingers:.

17 Likes

70s Colombian Gold x 80s Punto Rojo Gold

Testing a couple outdoors this year. :100::dove:

Male CG had big fat leaves, like i remembered them back in the day. Both strains had killer smells. Excited to see how this turns out.

May be a 16 weeker at most I’m hoping. Crossing my male Garlic bud into it now🕊

18 Likes

is this bud rot on my nanan?

and a couple tric shots

7 Likes