The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

Monkey rot. Found it lol.

Or root rot, or improper humidity and air flow,

8 Likes

@420noob Looks like rot to me. Sorry to see that. Hopefully it didn’t affect too much.

4 Likes

Well damn I’m sorry to see that. At least it hasn’t taken the whole cola.

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Condolences…it’s a F**king shock when you experience this, after spending months caring for your plant.

A post from an other source below.

Good luck in future

P J

The most important thing to remember is that an infected bud should never be consumed. Clip all buds you find infected with rot and immediately dispose of them.

The good news is that if you catch bud rot in time, you can usually save the rest of the plant by removing the affected buds. With sterile tools, cut two to four inches below the rotted bud, andre-sterilizing your tools between each cut to avoid any inadvertent contamination. You might be tempted to cut directly below the infected bud, but you need these extra two to four inches to ensure you’ve cut off any additional parts of the plant that might have been infected. Botrytis spreads quickly and broadly, so you can pretty much guarantee that any part of the plant that touched the infected bud is also harboring spores.

Also be sure to sterilize the walls and floors in your grow room. Mold spores can stick to these surfaces and infect crops later if not eradicated when you first discover the problem. A fungicidal soap, or a solution of one-part bleach to nine-parts water can be used for room cleaning.

Bud rot is just one of the parasitic conditions that can wreck your crops and destroy your profits. Learn about other common pests and diseases your hydroponic garden can face here.

7 Likes

That’s a lot of weight to lose. Condolences to you who’ve had to deal with it. I’ve only seen it in cloning flowering cuttings because I have humidity in the 25-30% range most of the time. After getting it, the only way I’ve been able to get rid of it is a systemic anti-fungus spray that kills some of the clones but gets rid of all the rot.

3 Likes

What were the parents like? I am curious, they’re definitely different in some ways and similar in others. They showed about two weeks apart with the looser one being the later.

4 Likes

Beautiful and fantastic cross.

It is me only or pure sativas like colombian gold are more and more difficult to find? Almost impossible in its pure form?

Are not there still hundred of cultivars over there

2 Likes

If these are from the repro then they are F3s of Papua New Guinea x Haitian sativa. I suppose all kinds of traits will show themselves at the F3 level. :partying_face:

3 Likes

I guess you know already, seems I end up with a little rot every year. I cut it out or take the whole bud off. Be vigilant and check them every day. I don’t have my plants gorilla style so I’m gonna see how they do this season out in the open.

3 Likes

Thanks all!:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Bummer, @420noob but it gets all of us. I’ve noticed I get more rot following caterpillar damage. I’m not sure if that’s a factor here, but just wanted to mention it. I preemptively use BT and it’s helped keep the caterpillars and rot at bay

4 Likes

I’m on the catipillars for sure but no this was an inside grow. I was kinda expecting it because of how tight and big the buds were no room for light, air, or anything else. Look at how close the nodes are on the stem.

oaxacan string of pearls pheno from @deeez99 looks like its gonna be a sop!

also my Oaxacan looks like she might doinf the same thing but its a bit early still.

santa marta Colombian gold look rough but i have faith since its about 1-2 wks top of flower.

18 Likes

This has been shown elsewhere on OG several places but I think it’s worth doing so again, a “relatively” inexpensive garden fogger works really well.

I use one of these

1:9 NaClO:H20 thoroughly wet the interior surfaces of the space.

Another very useful and effective tool is an O3 (ozone) generator. This kills any and everything depending on the concentration and exposure time even in the ducts and fans if you turn everything on while running it. Only between runs!

O3 degrades plastics and nylon so be sure your scuba gear or that old MG aren’t in the room.

6 Likes

Ye there great…I got one …brilliant for misting.

I approve LOL

P J

4 Likes

I’m jealous. I got mine before they came out with that model. Industrial size! Lol

2 Likes

That big one comes up on Woot .com .($55j .every now and then…but I think it was $18 for shipping here. That’s my big prob here, anything big to ship is a no no …$3.50 a pound.

3 Likes

Corinto Chica 2

Needs watering.

14 weeks since flip.

Clone …in flower

All well

P J

22 Likes

That clone is perfect! Those leaves…

3 Likes

Thanks amigo

Superb plants, im happy to have them ,and there happy to be here.

On the oldest Chica (1) oldest one…had loads of popcorn buds…I harvested some last week…dried it…hit it…and we connected…I was in a Zone of a big F**king plastic hoop greenhouse full of Corinto, Imagine the size some of these plants could get…I been nipping grow tips constantly this grow.

A wonderous strain…ye definitely possibilities of huge Corinto…

Ye security means hoop house ain’t possible …but I be happy to grow them intermittently…

Ye wee got there @GREANDAL …thought we had lost them at one time…ye a long slog…But so rewarding…lovely smell of citrus around as well .

Chao

P J

6 Likes

Nanan

Guerrero getting busy

Huix and GT

22 Likes