The Central American landrace and heirloom thread

I wouldn’t think Panama would be in the sourdiesel. . But maybe.
Train rack has some in it? The reason I am wondering is because these panama buds are very flat like pancakes when you take the budlets off of the main cola I have been working with a friend of the sour d maker that lives in haines falls now.( and then) He ran the original cutting this summer and i got to smoke some. Good smoke! Needs till the end of october here to really fill out but even picked around october seventh it was great. I love that taste! It’s definitely a popular genetic in my area. lots of the weed around here has that ballpark sour d flavor profile

5 Likes

Nice. Original or well grown sour diesel was a top favorite of mine back in the day. Can’t say I’ve seen any close to “the one” which had me coughing up a lung and getting ripped off a couple hits in the late 2000’s.

The Casey jones was similar and had a nice clear headed buzz. Probably the closest to sour d that I’ve grown now that I think of it.

Hope you have a nice dry fall so all your ladies finish up to their full potential :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Here i am growing a sop oss oaxacan and no pollen to catch these genetics :pensive:. There still is reveg and clones thought.

So our temps just stopped hitting 100° lows in the 60°s got at least 6 wks left of good weather.

oaxacan string
of pearls bx1 @deeez99

oaxacan seeds and polken @Upstate to make the seeds

santa marta Colombian gold @YoBigdaddy

red skunk 18 @GregOG

23 Likes

The cutting I saw wasn’t very well grown so I can’t say if it would have looked like the nice diesel plants I saw out in Cali, But.
The story does seem to check out. The guy gave some cuttings to some friends in Albany, where it became known as Albany sour.
@420noob beautiful Oaxacans. :heart_eyes:
That Santa Marta is filling out nice for you. What do you think? Pure sativa? @YoBigdaddy and further thoughts? Looks pure to me. I remember the guy we got the seeds from was convinced it was a hybrid.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for the last 4 weeks of Corinto Flowering. Theyre getting so close. You must be ready to burst waiting on them😁.
Here’s a Panama plant(2) and bud shots. I Don’t think i posted this.

22 Likes

Seasonal photos…

16 Likes

If I may ask, is that the Koby Santa Marta gold?

1 Like

@Upstate Really nice scenery!

1 Like

Which Panama is this?

Thanks Pj! An excellent argument for growing landraces, they’re tough on the whole.

I’m babying the Nanan to take it as long as possible. Carrying it inside at night, keeping dew and rain off of it etc.