The Dank Continues... Subcool

Pulling up my chair, such an awesome tribute to and incredible man, can’t wait to see wat comes of this project, I’m sure subcool would be honored ur doing this for him so let’s overgrow the world
Happy growing :seedling:

6 Likes

You seem to be on point bro! I would like to follow along! That seems like a awesome idea to me but I think you should add to the name, cuz it’s confusing. Man I get a giddy talking about Jack the Ripper and space queen! You mentioned a grow In Arizona… you still there?

3 Likes

I’m super proud to this cool response on the project!

@GMan I’m honestly thinking no matter what that we need to first F2 “The Green Avenger”. Sub would flip shit if a breeder has never read “Marijauna Botany”. Crazy, becase that book does go against some of his personal methodologies but that’s another story lol. In there is a quote regarding F2s being the best to select parent stock from due to higher chances of procuring desirable traits (as the book explains, we don’t want to go further F3 and beyond, because we may lose something dank,
and recessive if the hunt or selection isn’t large enough or done properly). Though in that same lesson the book tells us that IBLs will always rain superior in breeding projects when it come to anticipating passed traits. I find from just a personal standpoint that no matter who the breeder is F1s have phenos that are just undesirable which I always prefer to work out of the line. So my plan here while always taking in knowledge from y’all is to spend some time with Green Avenger, make F2s, then work through that stock to find a male. I think it would be cool to give out some Green Avenger F2 seeds here when they’re done. I’m in no hurry to sell any beans, and wouldn’t sell “Green Avenger” anyway but certainly would love if you guys wanted to run it when it’s ready.

20 Likes

We would definitely love some F2s here. Lots of F2 Co-op growing here. :+1::seedling:

11 Likes

Thanks @Guitarzan for sharing brother! He created so many dank strains! There is still some here and there. I may go back, and work more with JTR cuz it’s just soo fucking dank! Here’s just a side thought… Sub would share huge emails with us from weednerds thanking him for creating strains that they we able to go off, and go to give themselves a chance at a better life. People would send pictures of houses, cars, and groceries that they were able to pay for just by learning how to grow from him, grab a pack of great seeds, and become an outlaw. It’s our goal to hopefully one day drive the same type of enthusiasm in people to continue to overgrow

8 Likes

Quick update… 11-12 popped in 48 hours. Insanely healthy, and vigorous seeds for their age! I’ve recently popped several varieties of beans in the 3-5 year old range with 75-99% failure rates to the point where I reverted to only popping super fresh hypy seeds due to just not wanting to waste the money on continued let downs.

I’m found really that floating seeds in RO water is my preferred method of germination for all cannabis seeds. I don’t want to rip the tap root by using a paper towel, and I don’t get good results popping seeds straight in dirt, or rooters. Sub could pop in a Rapid Rooter like know one I’ve ever seen lol. If they won’t pop in 24-48 floating in RO, then I don’t want them at the moment.

If anyone is wondering why the clear cups. It’s my preferred method for small plants as I like to watch and take notes on early root development. I feel it tells me a lot about the overall expected ongoing strength of the plant. I also think that stronger rooted plants clone better.

Side note: Sub and I have popped old genetics using coconut endosperm which was a pretty cool project. Coconut endosperm can be found in cosmetics as a rejuvenation product.

17 Likes

Sounds like a fun project to watch. I’d love to grow those GA f2. Most definitely. So, best vibes on finding the fire! peace

2 Likes

Hey Guitarzan, I’m always perusing the seed banks looking for the few strains I want and can’t find lol But I did notice Pacific Seed Bank has fem Vortex Seeds. I don’t know much about em and don’t go by BS ‘reviews’ lol but you might…?
Also just googled it again and there is supposedly Subcool’s Vortex on
https://www.alchimiaweb.com/en/vortex-product-2165.php

3 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed Sorry jumped the gun there… Alachamia is solid but looks like they are totally sold out. We worked with them directly. We don’t know anything about Pacific Coast Seedbank, and a lot of the strains they seem to have available when I see them come up in a Google search for something hard to get, and it’s magically available only through them makes me feel like they are not the best source. Maybe I’m wrong and someone else here has grown gear from them and knows better than I? We dabbled in fems but none ever made it to the menu so id be mindful of anything fem stating Subcool. I choose to only work with regulars, and when working with clone onlys to test vigorously as taught. There is still a few strains left here TGA Subcool Seeds - Buy your Marijuana Seeds Here! | Midweek Song US

6 Likes

I wasn’t going to buy any, I’m still looking for The Toad, Brownie Scout and Strawberry Banana lol

3 Likes

Would love to try some of those F2’s when they are ready!

3 Likes

Awwwe pre '17 Vortex, Sub and Jill sent me testers of Vortex and Jillybean back in the old Overgrow days. They were awesome about spreading the wealth and really testing things before the official release.

Good on ya!

fr0g_D

4 Likes

:nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Here I sit with a cigar and a glass of good whiskey

4 Likes

Barkeep! I’ll have a nice fattie n a glass of dark rum straight please :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’d love to run some when they’re ready. :grinning:
:guitar:

4 Likes

well, as you know, lol I do prefer the standard seeds

3 Likes

What strains are they?

2 Likes

Count me in on that too, please lol sorry, that was directed to Stillwill420

2 Likes

BlockquoteI wasn’t going to buy any, I’m still looking for The Toad, Brownie Scout and Strawberry Banana lol

Blockquote hmmm ok lol I still haven’t gotten the hang of all the chat features it seems

2 Likes