The Dank Continues... Subcool

Brilliant thread and great job @Stillwill420 I’ve still got a few beans in the vault and didn’t know what was happening with his ‘legacy’ so to speak but JTR and Kaboom i enjoyed very much… I’ve still got some strelka and lord lico too but i want to run The Third Dimension and Jack Straw next I’ve always been intrigued about the ‘Touch of Grey’ a little off topic but have you got any info on that specific strain…?

2 Likes

I’m not sure what’s going on? Is above circled supposed to be the OP?

Kind of a big no no to start showing others pics, no matter how public, honestly

And you should know better, such a great community member sliding over a member they could ignore

6 Likes

You should grow them out, preserve them, make new crosses. Whatever you think is the right thing to do. Regarding the Touch of Grey, sounds like it’s a Norstar cross to me. Doesn’t ring a bell but I’ll double check. After a ton of fighting and shit online with the old breeders we realized that it just wasn’t worth it to base the next few years of our lives trying to recreate strains that we had no part in creating in the first place. Some strains came after the fire but those were bred by either Norstar or Badger so again not our strains to recreate. Sure we could battle over strains like JTR, Vortex, Querkle etc but I think it’s better moving forward to just use those strains the same way as everyone else and either push the lineage further or create new. Sub loved when people would build full companies out of his strains, and see what people decided to cross against his gear so if you have some beans then it’s up to you bud to carry them on as you feel fit. Subs brother Rotsone grew out 3D recently and it was super Dank pineapple. Here’s a couple pics…

16 Likes

Quick to show their heads above ground. I think I counted 4-5 so far but I’ll have to go back to check.

17 Likes

I’m gonna stick around with my Beggar’s Cup, waiting for the seed-harvest. If you don’t throw treats toward the Peanut Gallery, they’ll soon disappear!!! Continue on YOUR journey, Bro, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

How do you think it will fare growing outside? You keep rockin’ it, Bro, disregard the noise/static. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

3D such wonderful strain. Sub told me to run 3D as he felt it was one of his most underrated strains. Heavy tropical terps and flavor. 10 weeks and a few days. Pulled at 25% amber. Dominate Sativa. Euphoria not like other Sativa dominant strains. Really potent makes you forget a lot of shit, keys, wallet, what the fuck you are trying to do. Great stress reliever. Stable plant that takes what ever you throw at it. Very resinous. One day I will breed her with something else.

11 Likes

Welcome to OG @Rotstone

3 Likes

Having poor impulse control, I ordered beans (only fem) from them - before I rediscovered OG that is, why am I always one step behind in making a truly informed decision :roll_eyes:

Anyway, I had an embarrassingly low germination rate. Only four out of over 20 and I paid a goodly amount for them.

3 Likes

And how did you germinate them? It is best for me to take a cup of water and put hydrogen peroxide in it so that it is in a concentration of 1%. I put the seeds in there and after 24 hours there are some cracks. So far 100% success.

1 Like

Welcome @Stillwill420 !
Way before I began growing - just researching then - Sub’s name kept popping up, so I looked into a lot of what he did for the community — legend. Glad you are keeping that knowledge going, and honoring the one you received it from.

Pulling up a screen for this one - gl!

3 Likes

Should be fun. I’ll come along for the journey and thanks for sharing. :pray:

Stay Irie :sunglasses::dash::desert_island:

1 Like

Loved the introduction. I hope “Subcool” ends up turning out awesome. I was a big weed nerd fan, and appreciate the sentiment.

It’s very cool that you decided to come to Overgrow and share this with us. It says a lot.

So I will follow along, and look forward to seeing what you come up with. Best of luck

4 Likes

I just stumbled across this journal, what a great project you have going. No doubt you are going to create something special, and doing it in honor of Subcool. I’ll be riding along for this one.

2 Likes

welcome @Stillwill420 im late to the party as normal pullin up a chair this should be good
if ya need a tester over the pond im in good luck mate :sunglasses: :eyes: :
:man_farmer: lime

2 Likes

How the hell did I miss this thread?! I’m still sitting on some Pennywise I plan to do a seed run of at some point cause it’s miraculous. Sub was a legend so I’m definitely glad to see those close to him honoring his legacy like this.

4 Likes

@Stillwill420 you give up in this project or something? Thought you were doing this to honor subcool.

Where you at brother?

6 Likes

Definitely in on this, Sub was a legend for sure. One of my closest friends and mentors, was a friend of his and at one point we had an absolute abundance of SC’s DANK. I have personally grown Qleaner (may not be 100% SC) and Querkle. Both were gems, dank, sticky as all hell and extractors dreams! (Most SC creations were resinous, dank beauties) never had the pleasure of meeting him. But have the utmost respect for his work and his lineages. I think this project is truly an amazing idea and would gladly help if need be. Or grow some of this goodness as a memorial. Love this idea, truly

2 Likes

I think it’s only right this community be involved in this! Hats off.:fist:

Subcool died smoking untested dispensary poison after he was robbed of 35k cash and ratted out for not registering his garden with the city of Mesa. His seeds were being sold in dispensaries shortly after.

I wouldn’t fuck with any of Subcools Arizona aquantainces.

1 Like