The Future Is Now / So Much Drama In The LPC

Believe it or not, my cat will sit and beg until I put some peanut butter on my finger and let her lick it off. She’ll do 2-3 fingers before she’s through. Can you say spoiled???

9 Likes

Definitely it’s like a percocet in weed form. I can’t find it anywhere unfortunately so I’m probably going to attempt a seed run at some point in the future with the 3 beans I have left.

If I were a lesser man…

2 Likes

Here kitty .kitty

Oops… I tripped!

4 Likes

Remember the old hillbilly if you do.
:wink:
BTW in case I haven’t said it before… y’all are a little twisted… you know that right?
:rofl:

6 Likes

Definitely will :sunglasses:

And definitely know :laughing:

2 Likes

Just checking. lol

2 Likes

Depends on how you define “a little”… :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Oh! But you ARE a lesser man!

3 Likes

More a God you mean?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s it!

1 Like

I spent yesterday prepping the pots and put the Choco Latte in soil (top left) but will probably swap it out to the top right to give the LPC the slightly bigger pot. LPC went into water a minute ago as the challenge just started. One LPC will be in an octopot and the other will be in the standard soil pot in the front.

I’ve mixed some good stuff up for these pots. The octos are predominantly Pro Mix with a a portion of Happy Frog as well as perlite and worm castings. The soil one is the same except heavier on the Happy Frog vs Pro Mix.

10 Likes

London Pound Cake scoffed at floating for days but couldn’t resist the power of a wet paper towel and finally opened up for me.

Longer one went in the octopup and the little peeker went into the soil up front. Choco Latte on the left not above soil yet but I carefully displaced some of the dirt and she is growing.

11 Likes

This is true. And these beans were so stout, the roots pushed their way right through the paper towel on mine.

5 Likes

I almost always do the paper towel method and have good results. I just kind of got lazy with the float thing and it cost me time.

2 Likes

So much drama in the LPC is kinda hard being slick1 and growing some trees.

3 Likes

Eh. You’re not so far behind. Mine just broke ground yesterday.

5 Likes

You’re uppotting? The time crunch scared me awhile from trying to transplant. I considered doing a very small first pot (like half a 12oz coffee cup) but I was concerned with a delay when transplanting.

4 Likes

There actually is no delay. What happens is that the plant put’s it’s energies into root growth after a transplant. Once it set’s it roots into the new soil it will quickly catch up on growth.
But you do have to transplant at the right time also………

6 Likes

I’m just doing like I always do.
I crack the seeds, put in a bit of soil in a beer cup. When the roots start coming out the holes I cut in the bottom of that clear inside cup, I know it’s about time to transplant into it forever home. Which, in my experience is about 3- 3 1/2 weeks. Then they will be well established in the big pot by the time flip comes. The only difference I’m doing this time is flip date. I normally go about 3 weeks or so in the big pot and then flip but only if the plant looks good and healthy. And also I usually flip when I have an opening in the flower tent.
Just my method.

3 Likes

I do 1L for 6 weeks then a little in a 1G and then final home in 3G. Sometimes they stay in 1G depending on what I’m doing though.

I don’t sweat transplant. They are perfectly happy being a little rootbound I think.

1 Like