The Grateful Head LLC

Meristem cultures can lead to clean cuts, people not doing the work is another thing lol

1 Like

If people understood just how much power payment processors had, they would be appauled.

3 Likes

ZZZZzzzz. The whole idea of what these guys are doing is old news. I had a blue ocean business plan for this back in 2019. Good for them for trying to execute it with a few popular mouthpieces in front of a camera. Honestly, I think it is more important to teach people how to do TC correctly than to keep someone’s for a year and put the work in for cash.

Nodal cultures do not experience somaclonal variation but meristems do.

1 Like

From what I understood TC is not a magic wand tthat remove any pathogens. It’s relying on TC growing the plant so fast that some parts will outgrow the pathogen and can be used as a cleaned source. But it’s probably not so easy to achieve, you have to have the right TC recipe for the cultivar.

Kristian adamek (and al) from the uni for Guelph has made some researches on somaclonal variations, including in TC:

Some people have found what they think is more effective way, using flowers:

Flower power: floral reversion as a viable alternative to nodal micropropagation in Cannabis sativa. | In Vitro Cellular & Developmental Biology - Plant?

2 Likes

Lol just trying to advertise your TC company I see. Charging 2k for a 7 hour course is shameful. @funkyfunk said it perfectly

Anyone claiming they can 100% clean any clone is outright lying. Not to say it cant be done. But sounds like trying to capitalize on peoples ignorance of the process.

Fingers crossed for an old Sensi Star cut!

5 Likes

This is pretty ironic because you just advertised it, I didn’t.

The introduction TC course I teach is 1 on 1, two full days, and $2k. If you really want to know how to do TC then come to Sacramento I will teach you how to do it for free. I do this for knowledge transfer, not a cash grab

I am happy to point you to a handful of my peers who all charge $5k+ for one day.

You are mistaken if you think it is impossible to clean pathogens from a plant. My alma mater has a whole commercial program devoted to it. About Foundation Plant Services

Didn’t know you had a course. I wonder if you have feedbacks from your students (and yourself) about that TC and decontamination topic.

No one says TC can’t remove pathogens, just that it ain’t as easy as sometimes advertised. Top notch facilities with arrays of testing machines in the labs are able to do it, but that seem to require huge efforts even for them sometimes, so I wonder how good it works on that regard for a DIY home TC.

But maybe I’m just under the effect of the good old “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic” saying. :smiley:

1 Like

TC really has many many uses, but it is very feasibly conquered for the home use, " plants from test tubes " is a classic short book thatll set one straight, i mean you could hold 50 cuts in the sammich drawer in your fridge and not worry for months at time lol

Are ya tryna beat the hops, or something?