The Junkyard awaits

Absolutely, I’m getting a few more products for a rotation. Cant risk it with the collection I have going. I’m going to get that blend of oils for that spray you suggested to. Also going to rotate in spinosad since I have it. I’ve read good reviews on trifecta as well. Which may be confusing since I use a dry fertilizer blend called trifecta plus.

1 Like

awesome looking!

Start of week five, this is day 36
Apollo 11/13 x Blackwater

24 Likes

All of that coming from those cfl’s ?
Absolutely killlir looking bud there Bud!

2 Likes

There are only 4 cfl, those are reptile uvb bulbs just to supplement spectrum (prob not needed at all). The main lighting is from 21 off the shelf led bulbs with domes removed. The box says the bulbs draw 15w each, so 315w of led plus the 4 cfl, over a 3x3 area

I had this one posted a little ways up. Those are just bathroom vanity light strips :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

17 Likes

Interesting and amazing

2 Likes

This is really unique because yours is so unlike the pics I posted earlier. Your Blackwater x Apollo 13/11 looks quite a bit more like an Apollo pheno. Taller, long internode, leaf shape/serrations, pointed flower tops, etc. Very cool.

What does it smell like?

3 Likes

Very sweet, some have a bit of a spicy note to it. I wouldn’t say any particular fruity, just sweet. I have to rub the leaves to get much of a smell. But that goes with all the plants I have going.

It prob didn’t help that I over veg by about a month. I had to strip half the plant since there wasn’t any light or airflow underneath
This was before flip

14 Likes

Week 6 update, just some tops this time. Most of them have started to get very frosty, two are just getting thicker and throwing out more hairs.

My top three based on appearance and structure early on, also the three that have surviving clones

The other three, definitely caught up in appeal, but no clones :persevere:

Before I harvest, I’m going to have to take a set of pics under just 5000k bulbs for a better representation, that first one is about as frosty as anything I’ve ever seen :kissing_heart:

15 Likes

Looking good @Seamonkey84 !!! You learn pretty fast for a Mainer…Just messing my friend! You are ambitious! I like that! Think you have convinced me to triple production here in prohibitionland!!! My henchmen starting to step up!!!

4 Likes

Like riding a bike, except I never grew plants this big or this many back in the day :sweat_smile:. New technology and techniques make this easier, but still some learning curve. I never heard of thrips, mildew or bud rot back in the day. Just mites, still no cure for that one haha

3 Likes

Would that be with all cloudy or with some amber trichromes? Sorry for the basic question, the spraying I did really browned the hairs and there some discoloration, not sure if it’s suppose to be like that based on the color that the other grower got. It drops to 68-70 at night, not much of a chill for color.

1 Like

Yes, all cloudy, with some ambers

3 Likes

Sweet, thank you. I’ll keep checking with the pocket microscope, but wanted to get a better idea when I’ll be chopping.

2 Likes

Hey brother, just thought I’d throw this out there not sure if anyone replied to this as I have not read the most recent posts to this thread… but your selections are definitely :fire: and I’m sure I speak for many who wish they had the space to grow all of the :fire: that’s coming from many others like yourself here on OG!! Thank you for your contributions to OVER GROWING the world!!

5 Likes

@SCJedi
Apollo 11/13 x Hashplant #19 results. Got a male, one slow take off it was culled, and the third plant made it to the flower cab.

This plant quickly vegged and cloned easily, so we’ll see how she does next to my second batch of testing. She grew in coco (no cut) in a beer cup all the way to harvest. Out of #14, #17, and this one picd #19 she’s the lowest producer. Run all of em 70 days from flip, around 4-6 weeks on the cure and ignored til today. Smells like lemon furniture polish and smooth sweet flavor of fruit rhine and maybe plastic taffy ?
#17 still curing, not crispy yet and steadily evolving into sweeter aromas

#14 gonna have to add to this on an edit later. I just pulled a nug out of the jar and it’s also ready to smoke. Crunchy exterior but gooey inside

17 Likes

So I may have screwed up my labels, not sure how… but plants #4 and 5 may not be part of this batch :man_facepalming: They are different than the rest of their “sisters” and are nearly identical to ones being grown by another member of another set of testers “Big League Grapes”.
Here’s the three plants in question, the BLG were fem seeds, one of the 4 turned out male and I thought it was a BLG…
The two I thought were Apollo 12/13 X Blackwater

The one I thought was part of the other line of tests.

The BLG another member grew

All that said, going for the final stretch towards week 8 now
Just a whole tent shot for now, the right side of the tent has the two rows of AP x BW

13 Likes

It’s been five weeks since germination and time to move from solo cups to 2 gallon fabric pots. Plants have been on a 18/6 light schedule under 300 watts.

10 Likes

Day 57
Didn’t get a pic of all of them before lights out, but I had to chop the first of them (one for sure Apollo x Blackwater) last night.
Checking crystals, this could have gone maybe another week with the rest. but I don’t have any better way of supporting her any more, she’s about to bend and snap in half
This was plant #6

I also harvested #4 and 5, but these two may be from another batch of seeds… based on the structure it’s likely so.

18 Likes

I may be way late on this, still getting used to the layout since moving over from a lesser forum to remain unnamed lol but i though to read that you may have a lack of volunteers from some of the crosses and i don’t see anything i would feel like i’m wasting space on so if there’s anything that could use some Central California sun and also fill up one of a few spots I have left indoors. I’m doing kind of a side by side thing running several strains in and out this season to see what I get from each spot, thought it would be fun since I havn’t done that before. I can germ them upon receipt and get it going… Anyway, thought I would check since it’ll get me participating on here and if this is a way old post then it is what it is and ill keep looking for other fun activities :slight_smile:

2 Likes