The Junkyard awaits

It sounds like giving them a pre-crack helps bump germination rates. I hope this isn’t a common trait from that GSxOG dad.

5 Likes

So I’m not a paper towel guy I never perfected it so I do what works for me which is make a hole drop a seed and keep it moist under 18/6. I also have this bad/good habit (depends on how you look at it) of digging up said seed and checking to see if it’s germinating. Long story short these are doing way better than the last one :grin::joy:. I’m estimating they’ll see daylight in 2/3 more days

2 Likes

update on the 7, nyc piff 3 x gsog staying rather squat going to be starting lst and going to be topping them and about 3ish weeks till they get put in the 4x4 and females will be chosen to run in the 20 gallons @SCJedi

9 Likes

What I have done in the past is shucked all my seeds after they dried and stuck the seeds in a fridge for 2 weeks before offering em out, I’ve noticed it simulates a short winter for em so when they get pulled out to germ and they have high rates of take off, did this with my jack herers and white rhinos i sent out to the community and haven’t heard any germ issues

2 Likes

Im not a quitter but I’m having shit luck with these. Sorry @SCJedi, I’ve never had seeds do this. It’s actually growing but funky af, one doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere. I had one more sprout but it’s so small I need a microscope to see it :joy: oh well thanks for letting me try these.

I’ll keep the one just to see what it does.:peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Well I got one just broke through the soil. And I’m 3/3 for germination (I mean I knew that was gonna happen though😁)…that one that broke through wasn’t deep enough but yea we should still see some motion by the 3rd no later than the 4th

That top one will make it despite its early size/shape The one below it looks like it dried out and a rehydration is being attempted. It’ll likely perish as it’s too far across the line.

1 Like

Quick update on fatso and animal cookies. Lots of variations between the plants. There’s a few different mutations also. Growth is pretty quick and there’s a few plants that need a lighter feeding than the rest. I can’t wait to see how they produce :grin:

11 Likes

3/3 with one having trouble shaking its shell

I removed the shell using and xacto blade facing upwards while putting downward pressure on the shell works like a charm

3 Likes

Those are some interesting leaf shapes. Some very squat or big rounded serrations almost a duckfoot look. Looking nice

3 Likes

Dang, there is some weird stuff coming out of these packs

5 Likes

@SCJedi Just thought I’d let you know my package arrived today . Thank you very much for getting these out to me . Have a great weekend.

4 Likes

So this one I don’t think liked the lack of humidity the first day

The 2nd one is doing fine

This is the one I removed the shell from. Starting to think it was just a little bit too early but it’s actually starting to turn green and open up. I could bet I stunted it

Sheesh those pics lost quality on the upload

2 Likes

Mango Mintality, Day 67

24 Likes

You have a chance to smoke this strain yet? Sounds like some interesting flavors for sure.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Dang that thing looks stacked :sunglasses:

Holy moly that’s a looker love that silver hue :drooling_face:

Yes. I just smoked this which was picked at Day 65 and it is a bit on the racy side still and a tad green as it was picked only 5 or so days ago.

13 Likes

Up next is some 90u flower rosin that I pressed today. It is the Golden Goat x Blue Orca Haze I made a few years back.

10 Likes

Fatso x Grape Stomper OG. Popped all 11. Got tails on 5 about 4 days ago and into soil, one more this evening, only 2 have sprouted so far. Still have 5 yet to crack, moved to a thin layer of worm castings 2 1/2 days ago. Seems to be moving slowly at 8 days from soak. Probably should have scuffed em a bit.

6 Likes