Been busy with the cooling frames for my strips, worked a little more on my design.
Made the add on "bolts" twice as long, so the go thru more bars and it becomes more ridget.
So far I have a good feeling with this design, tho it takes long time to put together.
I like that I am able to adjust the space between the strips, if I wanna widen or narrow down the light grit.
At they are now, the light grit will be 120 x 40 cm (4.8 sq ft) The space in each cab is 130 x 70 cm (9 sq ft)
I was a bit quick to drill test holes, and fucked up a bit.
Never the less, I got test hung my first Gen3 light and that made me happy.
A little wise I messured up better for the 2nd light, and redrilled the mistake I made earlyer.
To fix the M8 threaded rods in place, I use some "threading inserts" I don't know what they are called in english.
But thats what they are, a little metal tube with internal threading for bolts. And on the outside a threading for wood or plaster, depending on the type of outer threading.
Predrilled 9 mm holes
Insert mounted on a DIY insert tool, for easy instalation and this way I am sure the internal threading isn't busted.
Bump it gentle with a hammer, to let the threading catch and screw it in by turning the nut with a spanner.
Once in it's just a matter of loosing the nut, and the M8 rod is loose and screws out easy.
Now to mount the M8 rods, this what would take for ever!
So drilled the "resting" hole in the back of the closet deeper then it needed, cut the rods down and pushed em down the back holes. And I was able to thread it thru the insert, from behind and save a lot of time litterly screwing around.
To hang the lights I have used, musky steel leaders for musky fishing.
They are stong enough for big fish, cheap on ebay and come in 3 differnt lengths.
Best part was I already had them in my tackle box
Top position, hanging in S hooks.