The LED hack shack and other tall tales

Once you really kept Chiclids, many other regular tank fish become very borring.
They have a lot of behavior, compared to fish that just swim around the tank.

Alone with sand and a few rock decorations, a tank is super heavy but I think metric is a big help here.
Here most know 1L water is 1 Kg, so people should know a 530L is minimum the same weight in Kg.
That might not mean, they will think of that LOL

I have seen ppl place aquariums on IKEA furniture, and I am sure it will hold for a long time.
Untill it’s been wet a few times, and one day BOOOOOM! :surfer:

The Cheese clones I got is not very fast growing, or I am still doing something wrong here a year in.
Let’s blame the plant, it’s fairly slow growing. :joy:
But it’s fitting nicely, so its maybe not a bad thing. Looking forward to see the finished plants, 7-8 weeks from now and see how the virgin voyage goes.

3 Likes

That matches my experience with Cheese which is why I moved on to Psychosis x KC Brains 33 (After some research I found my clone was not pure Psychosis)

It grows like mental and gives 1.3GPW under HPS in 9 days of veg and 68 days of flower.

I am in the process of switching to LED to see how it does under a different light, which is why I am visiting this thread :wink:

6 Likes

Your very welcome MicroDoser :slight_smile:

Im in a hunt for something better, going thru old seeds im fairly sure I will find something very nice.
But I have give the cheese cut, that even tho it’s a littl slow growing. It yealds all right and the buds are freaking top class smoke, at least in my book. There is few strains that I can smoke for looong periodes of time, without building up tolerence to it and getting tires of the flavor.

Im looking forward to the Nephthys, it will be nice to get back to my own strain and see if I can’t reanimate this project from the 10 seeds I had left.

They did really well in SOG, and was bred for the fat x-mas trees(ish) single cola.

3 different females - might been grown 12/12 from seed. Day 74 on the pictures

11 Likes

Day 10 from planting

Had to put the triplets and twins back under the dome, they where not ready to leave the high humidity and low light enviroment.

Two days ago I turned up the heat, in the clone area and that have helped a bit.
The first Grapefruit Fly have sprouted, and looks like the sprout will soon break ground fully. Hoping a few more of them will make it, so I will have a bit to select from. If not; it’s clearly the strongest one that made it.

10 Likes

Day 17

Raised the Ec a little, after I took the picture.

Ec 1.4
pH 5.56

Have been running the exhaust very low, the past two days as the temps have been low outside.
I have noticed the plants are looking less happy, making me think they don’t get enough fresh air.
So I have added some heat to the lung room, and dialed up the fan.

10 Likes

Day 19

Taken down the Ec again, I wanna see if they will start looking better or worse.
They didn’t look like they enjoyed the raised Ec from 1.3 to 1.4, so now I have gone down to 1.2 Ec and hoping they will peak up a bit.

Changed 50% of the reservoir, and added a bit of pH down.

7 Likes

They look pretty good, what’s wrong with them.

1 Like

The discoloration and they have droopy leafs, so they could be looking better IMO.
It’s not super critical, but I have been having issues with this cut since I got it.

I ended up making panda covers for the cabinets, to black out the roots and stop alge growth on the flowtables and exposed roots.
Tried covering up, the pot’s in the middle cabinet.
Just some panda film with slot’s cut into it, in a pattern fitting the pots.

Was fairly easy to make, and place over the plants.
So I just went on and covered up all of the pot’s, now the roots can just grow as they like.

I should just have done this from the beginning I guess :smiley:

10 Likes

Day 20 in the cheese factory

There have been no improvement on lowering the Ec, then I for fun messured the Ec on my veg res. Where I tossed the runts of the clones, that didn’t go into flower and they are looking great now.

Veg Ec was 2.6, maybe a bit high but miles away from the Ec in the flower cabinets. Different nutrient, but that shouldn’t have that much to say … I guess.
So now I desided to bump up the Ec alot, and took it up to 1.7ish for now.
Guessing they will either be really happy, or really sad in a few days time. They are falling behind the HPS room, but they are also at 1.8 Ec as they are much bigger plants.

8 Likes

Long time since we took a look into the veg room, not much “fun” going on there beside the seedlings.

But it’s a very important part of my whole grow, and I don’t know about you guys but I sometimes tend to neglect them a bit.
I hardly ever messure the pH or Ec, I just look if the plants are doing all right. Top the res and add nutrients if I feel, the plants are asking for it.

Over the months, the bottom kinda get’s a bit gunky.
And I need to clean up, wash the felt mats and sort out the mums.

Today was that day!

7 Likes

Im just cleaning with hot water, no need for any cleaning agents.

I don’t wanna fuck with my bio culture, and kill the bacteria in my reservoirs.
Im just cleaning up to prevent something bad, from being able to get a foot hold.

For the same reason, I have not cleaned the reservoirs. I have only pumped them out, refilled, emptied again as the pump won’t empty the res 100%.

The sides of the reservours are covered in a bacteria culture, that helps break down waste nutrients and organic waste.

The felt mats where washed with a nutral deturgent, that shouldn’t effect the bioculture. I just rinse them and put them in the washer, and they come out nice and clean.

Sorted out the moms, here is the 5th Cheese mom.
The one that didn’t go into flower, to save the GPW of the Tohici99 grow.
She’s a very nice looking lady, and finaly at the point where she will really make alot of nice even clones.

I have a bunch of new cheese moms on their way, and it’s just a matter of time before they look like their own mom.

Now I just need to refill the reservours and everything is back on track!

11 Likes

What was looking so green an funky just algae to scrape up? On the bottom of the cab that is and is the cab waterproof I recall you putting the cut plastic roof sheet things in the bottoms but I never noticed any mention to sealants

The alge gunk was just washed off, with hot water and a washcloth. A light scrubbing and it’s gone fairly easy, not a hard task.

Yes all my cabinets are waterproofed and reinforced, with fiberglass and polyester resin.

That is for the flower cabinets, the veg cabinets just have felt mats in the bottom.
As I fucked up, and got the drains placed in the wrong spots.
So to avoid redoing everything, specially the fiberglass work.
I just threw in felt mats, they will wick the water out in 10-15 min after end feeding.
They are made from a very strong nylon, so I can just wash and reuse them.

There should be posts on the fiberglass work if you scroll up ^^

5 Likes

I shall read up now I remember you building the two cabs side by side and custom making the air boxes and other bits but certain bits I prolly missed like the waterproofing part :rofl:

4 Likes

Have fun, all details on the Flower closets should be here.

The veg closet isn’t posted as detailed, and Im going to move it.
Wich will basicly result in, I have to redo everything. :tired_face:

At that point I will do detailed posts, on the build of the new veg closet.
Also planing to make the veg closet, 3 tiers like the flower cabinets. As I will be needing a bit more veg space, if I wanna have a chance to be able to change a bit between strains. And still store a selection of keepers, and soon more male’s will also join the game.
And move the clone production, into the ‘to be build’ drying closet.

4 Likes

Flower day 21 for the Cheese clones

Still early to say much about the nutrient bump, but I think the leafs are peaking a bit more.

The roots on the other hand, there is no question about it.
They enjoy the panda cover, giving them a dark and moist enviroment.
And talking about moisture, the RH in the cabinets are higher now then the past few days.
With the biggest change, being the nutrient bump.
That seems like a clear indication, that they have started to respirate better and that should lead to improved growth.

Ec 1.7
pH 5.64

10 Likes

Day 22

No question, they where hungry.
Last afternoon I topped the res, and the Ec had dropped quite alot.
The pH stayed in range after I added more nutrients, moving the Ec back up to 1.7

Havent touched the res today, just messured.

Ec 1.7
pH 5.65

Plants are looking happier, leafs are getting raised.

7 Likes

Day 23

Middle cabinet

Topped the res with tap water this morning

Ec 1.7
pH 5.85

The plants are looking better and better, the budding have improved and new pistils are showing.

The over all color is also improving, just in time for the budding to begin. Might turn out all right after all!

8 Likes

The seedlings are doing fine, it’s now 16 days since I planted the seeds.

Kinda given up on the othere seeds, that haven’t sprouted yet.
They are still under LED, but removed the humidity domes.

Won’t be long now, before I’ll replant the seedlings into some bigger pots.

6 Likes

Tohici99 52 days into flower and looking … kinda terrible folia, but frosty buds and good structure.

But majorly fucked them up from a young age, not sure when I will get the start of flower done right. But when I do, it will be looking a lot better then this.

:laughing:

Atleast I have been able to turn them around, and no matter how terrible the prev. grows have looked.
The yeald have been acceptable, and the weed have been great for the most part.
There have been strains I didn’t really like, for their high/flavor or rather lag of both.

The Cheese moms 23 day’s into flower

They are looking well, budding very nicely!

12 Likes