The LED hack shack and other tall tales

Cheese closet day 24

The pH had gone up a bit, to 6.05 and the Ec had dropped a bit.
The plan was to take the pH down, just a bit down around 5.6 pH.
Dropped it a bit much and had to top the res, with a little tap water to bring the pH a bit up again.

Tomorrow I think it time to bump the nutrient a bit higher, it’s the 2nd time now, the Ec have dropped from 1.7 to 1.6

Ec 1.6
pH 5.80

13 Likes

Bumped the feed this morning, and dropped the pH a bit.

Ec 1.8
pH 5.6

4 Likes

Flower day 25

The ec stabilised a bit higher, then the first readings this moring.

Ec 1.9
pH 5.65

9 Likes

Repotted a bunch of the Tohici99 plants, that haven’t been doing very well this round.
Earlyer I cut some down to make room for the cheese moms, trying to save the GPW just a little :slight_smile:

Now I moved 8 runts into 4 pots 55 days into flower - not the best time but fuck it. If they die, they die.

Trying a new brand of clay pepples, they look a little different but I like the size and they where cheap.
Gave them a good wash, and dunked them in pH adjusted water.

All the Tohici99 plants back in place, on the flow table.

Now I spread out the Cheese moms a fair bit, opening up their canopys.
To let in light, to all the lower bud sites and let them take up more space.

12 Likes

What was the medium those tohici99 plants were in prior to repot bro DWC or somethin? Also with you using that black an white in the cheese factory is that effective in stopping the algae growing? Drives me insane with the fab pots I use as I imagine it doesn’t do the roots any good.

Also on topic of the grow mate looking grand as always, loving seeing this cabinet build in action after watching the build :+1:

4 Likes

The Tohici99 where also in hydroton prev to the repotting, just 10-20 mm in size and a different brand.
The new ones are more gray and “pellet” shaped, where the old ones are brown and round.

In the pic above, with two potted plants. Standing in a big “pot” with brown hydroton, Thats the old stuff, and the new stuff is in the pot.

Yeah it’s working nicely, still a little alge in the sides. But the root growth have improved, after they got covered up at least for the most part.
I have only flowered once in the fabric pots, I didn’t like them as they humidity was hard to keep down.
I like them for my moms, and the canopy seems to takes care of blocking out the light just fine.

And thanks for the positive words, im not yet happy myself but im prolly my own hardest judge.
Things are all right, im getting nice bud!

3 Likes

Day 26

Topped the Res of with a bit of water

Ec 1.9
pH 5.65

Might have bumped the Ec a bit over the limit, I’ll see how things go tomorrow.

6 Likes

Forgot to mention, the new expanded clay pepples are much more even in size, and only 4-10 mm is the size range.

2 Likes

The cheese clones are doing okay, they are still eating well as the Ec have dropped again.

But they show a bit discoloration, will give them a few more days to access the situation.

The roots are really enjoying the pandafilm, there is still a bit alge remaining. Might not go away, but it don’t grow.
That can’t be said about the root, they are growing well in the dark moist enviroment.

Ec 1.8
pH 5.64

Seedlings are doing great, been thinking about replanting them soon.
Might have mentioned it as well, haven’t gotten around to do it yet.

The triplets are still alive, the smallest runt is still struggeling.
But it looks like it’s starting to form a growtip, so I keep taking care of it. Just to see if I can nurse it into a plant.

11 Likes

A triplet, whoa! I missed that earlier. Now I don’t feel so special with my 2 doubles :joy:

They’re quite far apart from each other, mine almost seemed to come out of the same spot. I’m looking forward to seeing what they do!

4 Likes

I split one off, while it was very very little.
Scroll up, there should be pics of the little “squid” seed with 3 tap roots, when I split it and planted.

Edit, that was posted in a different thread, my bad.

4 Likes

Oh nice, thanks. I thought about trying that with mine but I’m way too heavy-handed.

3 Likes

Transplanted the seedlings today

Mezmakronic

Nephthys

10 Likes

Cheese day 28 and truckin on!

Ec 1.8
pH 5.60

pH is droppin a bit but not more then, toppin the res will bring it up to 5.65 again.
Haven’t topped the res for the last few days, I’ll wait a day or two before I top it again.

10 Likes

Day 29 in the Cheese closet

Topped the Res with tap water only

Ec. 1.8
pH 5.85

Day 58
The Tohici99’s are doing okay, they don’t look too healthy but they are packing up all right.
Would have been nice, if they had grown a bit taller.

The cheese moms are looking good, they are on day 29 like their daughters in the LED cabinets.
Buds look a bit bigger under the LED, but they didn’t struggle in the first weeks either.

Ec. 2.0
pH 5.52

12 Likes

Day 30 - Another 40 day’s to go

They are eating nicely, thinking it might soon be time to bump the nutrients again.
Keep them on 1.8ich for the next 5 days, and do a res change halfway thru the grow.

Ec 1.7
pH 5.85

9 Likes

A closer look at the Tohici99 at 58 days flower

11 Likes

That’s a really nice looking strain, great shape and color!

4 Likes

Just takes soo long to finish, at least this pheno does.
Was the only female that I got from the old seeds, will try and crack the rest at some point.
To see if I can find one, that finishes a bit faster then 13-14 weeks.

6 Likes

Over all its very nice smoke, in the test grows they did better during the streach.
I saved the one male, that survived as well.
So if the rest of the seed are duds, I can always cross thouse.
But would like to see if I cant get a better selection of them, before I start breeding with them.

6 Likes