The LED hack shack and other tall tales

Good things come to those who wait!

4 Likes

Day 31 for the Cheese

Changed water on both the LED and HPS grow, right after first feeding of the day.
pH adjusted the fresh tap water, and added nutrients to the res after the 2nd watering.
Flushing the pots and roots a bit, before I add my fresh nutrients to the mix.

Ec 1.8
pH 5.75

The pH useually drift up a bit over the first night, will take it down a bit if it’s drifted higher then 5.85 pH tomorrow.

Tohici99 res
Ec 2.0
pH 5.74

11 Likes

Day 32

The pH had drifted up to 5.95, so I lowered it a bit this morning.
Took my readings this evening, after last watering of the day.

Ec 1.8
pH 5.70

The seedlings are doing fine, the triplet is still alive and kicking.
Working on what looks like a small leaf, afraid to screw it over by moving it now.
If the big triplet starts to shade it out too much, I will bend it a bit.
But for now I think the shade is just fine, as long it don’t really have much folia at all.

10 Likes

Main mamma cheese - Doing clones today

11 Likes

Those Cheese definitely turned around. Good job, I love the SOG. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

Do you have that pot nailed to the table to stop it falling over lol .

5 Likes

@Shadey Nope the rootball and wet hydroton, is apparently counter weight enough for her to keep her ballance.
She looks pretty tho, before the slaughter. Got 65 nice clones of her, im sure I could have found a few more.
But the rest was taken from younger moms, that still got a long way to go before they look like that. ^^

Almost filled my clone cabinet, but I didn’t have many RW cubes left. So I would be able to fit more in there, if they all been in RW. 75 of them are in seedling pouches with soil, as that was what I had on hand and that will work too.
It’s not ideal, for the later use in hydroton.
Im planing out a cloner for sponge cubes, as they cost a fraction of RW cubes.
Not sure they will work as hoped, but it’s worth a try and I like the challange. After talking with another grower, who had poor results with sponge cubes. I figured out they where so cheap, id buy some just to see what they are.
Will prolly be 4-5 weeks before they arrive, but im not in a hurry atm. to make more clones.

140 Cheese clones in total.

On to the Cheese in the LED flower closet

It’s day 33 and they are budding nicely, giving me hope that this isn’t all for nothing.

Still not estimating anything, it’s a test grow and im still not 100% done with the cabinets.
But things are not looking bad, the cabinets will support life :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:
There will hopefully be time to do many grows in these cabinets, to get everything dialed in and get the yeald up.

The most important still is the quality of the buds, flavor and then we can look at yealds.

Topped the res a bit today

Ec 1.8
pH 5.81

8 Likes

That mother is crazy big for that pot…it’s in pure hydroton? I can’t believe how happy it looks too lol

By sponge cubes do you mean like Oasis cubes? Theyre similar to the spongy stuff that they use for floral arrangements…I used them for years with good results but have switched to coco lately which is working great for me so far.

3 Likes

Thanks mate, im gettin a ton of data at least. Next run should be doing better for sure!

Hoping to get a real SOG carpet next time, getting them a bit taller and bush out more.

4 Likes

Nope it’s more like kitchen sponge or matress foam I think, only seen pictures so far.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mesh-Cup-Slit-Pots-Sponge-Plant-Seeds-Start-Grow-Kit-Hydro-Aeroponic-Agriculture/232539453528?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=531887188483&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

3 Likes

Hydroton is IMO a really nice media, it’s just about finding the right ballance of nutrients.
Still struggeling with the flowering part, but veggin plants and making clones.
Seems to be back on track, like 10 years ago.

6 Likes

Sure looks to be on track!

And that’s interesting about the sponges, I’ve actually thought of that before. Seems like a great blend between wet and ‘airy’ that weed loves. Imagine a drain to waste system with pots full of sponge chunks :thinking:

2 Likes

These sponge medias should not retain water very well, so they need to be kept moisturised or they will dry out fast.
I still haven’t seen them yet, but if I can root clones in kitchen sponges and broken beer bottles.
Im fairly confident, that I’ll be able to root in these cubes as well.

What will be interresting is, are they any good for it and will the make a difference. Compared to bare rooted aeroclones, where I find the roots break of too easy replanting them into hydroton.

4 Likes

Day 34 - Tomorrow they are halfway there!

Didn’t do anything today, the res seems very stabil for now.

Ec 1.8
pH 5.81

Things seems to be growing well atm.
Makes me a happy grower!

10 Likes

Hey dude that shit is so funny where did you get that calendar at I have to have one I want him on the horse back with no shirt on and what month is that?

2 Likes

Hey Baltimore, E-bay is where I get my Putin Calendars.
I think that picture, of putin on the horse was in the 2018 calendar, and I don’t keep them around once the year is over.

Might be something just as great this year, to be honest I haven’t looked at all the pictures.
Each month is a new funny surprice for me, maybe I should be better at posting a monthly Putin picture.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Putin+calendar&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=putin+calendar&_osacat=0

1 Like

Tohici99 Day 64

Dunno what to say about em, I think I’ll just let the pictures talk for them self.

The buds are lookin all right, lot’s of foxtailing and loads of frostynes.
Just all clear headed trichomes, and a ton of cystolithic trichomes as well.

8 Likes

Day 35 and ½way mark for the Cheese plants

Middle cabinet

Topped the res tonight

Ec 1.7
pH 5.92

8 Likes

@Palindrome; you have inspired me to hack some stuff up with these Chinese LEDs. Took me forever, but finally chopped up some leftover aluminium lumber and screwed/glued all the crap together.

13 Likes

Looking good there, and a solid heatsink.

Im looking forward to see it in action as well!

5 Likes