The LED hack shack and other tall tales

I’ll be home soon, by the end of the week.

Still sailing!

Others not so much

Feel sorry for that guy, sucks big time.

Im sweating my balls off, now ill go top side with a cold beer and a fat joint.

Have a nice day

10 Likes

Been there before, not guilty but i had to fix it (i used to be a charter fleet engineer). In the end i dropped the forestay/foil onto the dock (after rigging a temporary forestay).
Nice pics btw pal :thumbsup: hopefully they will sort my shoulder tomorrow so i can get out sailing again soon.

3 Likes

Thank you @Albannach, did you get your shoulder sorted out?
Im a bit sore after 3 weeks sailing, was nice to get home to a soft chair :smiley:

But vacation is over, back to gardening!

3 Likes

The moms under the different spectrum lights, all been growing really well and the canopy is very even.

3000K 24 Volt

The internode spacing is a bit long, my least favorite of them all for veg.
This was kinda expected, that the 3000K wouldnt be the best.

4000K 24 Volt

The internote spacing is not bad, a little better then the 3000K.

6000K 24 Volt

I really like the 6000K moms, the internode spacing fit’s great for clones.
Growth and branching is good, it looks really healthy.

6500K 12 Volt

Same good internode spacing as the 6000K, maybe a little less growth but over all the plant looks good.
So far no signifigent heat issues with the 12V strips, as I had read was the main reason not to use 12V LED’s

8000K 24 Volt

The plants under the 8000k are a bit shorter and very branchy, not ideal for moms IMO.
Besides that, they are dark green and healthy.

On to the next part, the clones below.
How have the different teams done?

Team Putin
What did you expect? He won, dunno if he pulled some old KGB moves or what.

Speak’s for it self, hacked votes or not!

All right Mr. Texas ranger, what ya got?

Im disapointed, but okay maybe if they had been closer to each other or wraped. They might not had dried out that much, I sprayed them and they look alive but not happy!

The two other teams!

Lovely Linda - (forgot to take a pic)
One or two have died, two have root’s and the rest are still alive.
A little more TLC and a little less LIFTA, would have done a lot here as well, like the coco

Team Honey Badger

Glass clones, one or two is alive.
Catlitter clones are dead!
The crushed hydroton clones have rooted, but the honey badger don’t care.

As the clones have rooted so well, and the moms have regrown very nice for the low 20-25 Watt/sqft.
Next step will be flower test.
I have defoiled the moms, and gonna flip them into 12/12 tomorrow.

Depending on how much they streach, I might have to move them to the bottom section.
It have a little more headspace all over, but most of all it have no carbon scruber mounted in there.

So far for veg id say the cheap LED’s, do a great job and much much cheaper then brand chips.

8 Likes

I know that one bro, you take these things for granted. I get sore just sitting on a wooden bench for 20mins these days :laughing:
The physio gave me more exercises to do cos he said a cortison injection would do long term damage and should only be a last resort. I’m not getting on well with the exercises though, they make me sore as hell after a few repetitions.

That’s an interesting experiment you have going there pal. You seem to have plenty of clones there to choose from too :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Test wiring a new LED light - I call it the UHF light.

14 Likes

Ultra high frequency?

2 Likes

UHF is an old TV signal

You could make DIY UHF antennas of the same Alu profile, its an old analog signal no longer in use where I live.

10 Likes

Yup that stands for ultra high frequency or UHF. . .i was wondering why you called it that. . .and now I know :grin:

2 Likes

80 Watt’s at the wall, running on different spare drivers.

Waiting on Mr. Postman!

I will replant and veg the clones under this setup, until I can move them into the flower room.

7 Likes

The team Putin clones have been repotted, into pouches with hydroton.
All but two have roots out the bottom of the cube, they where potted as well. They look as healthy as the rest, and most likely have rootes inside the cube.

I fill the pouch about ½way up, fit 6 pouces in a small container.

I remove the plastic wrapper, and place a RW cube in each pouch.

Then top them off with hydroton and they are ready to go into their new temp home.

Here we go 30 fresh looking plants, now I’ll veg them a little.
Expecting another heatwave, so keeping it cool in the closet till it have passed.

Their mom’s are getting their first night of beauty sleep tonight!

8 Likes

Lovely Linda have done it, not as well as Team Putin but there are roots.
I am sure, that if I left the rest they would root as well.

Team Texas ranger is not doing well, as Im not really planing on using these clones.
I took the best looking one, to see how big the roots where inside the coco pouch.

Nada, zero, zip, non, not even a small root bump or anything.
Maybe I’ll just stick to RW cubes, they are relayable and easy to work with.
I’ll just have to find a way to get rid of them, in a safe way but still get them recycled.

As for the broken glass clones, one is now showing roots. But one only just barely broke thru the pouch, and wasnt really visable on the picture.

6 Likes

The broken beer bottle clones have rooted, took a little while but 50% rooted. Had I been home to care for them, I am sure they would have done better. But compared to the RW cubes, that had the same terms n conditions. Rooted much faster with no losses.

Team Putin is liking the upgrade

Still no roots at Team Texas Ranger, the coco is proving to be much slower then expected.
Might be the fact it’s a different strain, but still it’s been more then 3 weeks.

8 Likes

Boom so your sponges came in first and the broken glass 2nd? Was I right??
Besides the RW

2 Likes

Putin was clearly the winner, but with the odd cloning medias.
The sponges did root faster then the glass, but the crushed hydroton rooted before the sponges.

It would be
Crushed hydroton 1st
Sponges 2nd
Glass 3rd
Cat litter didn’t root at all.

5 Likes

Eh I was close enough. . . But great experiment! I loved it​:+1::+1:

2 Likes

Sponges was much easyer to work with, then the other medias. So if they wasn’t made of plastic, id say they are a great option. Crushing hydroton was more work then I figured, so a bit bummed that coco didn’t work faster.
I will be trying coco again, as I really would like to switch to a compostable media.

2 Likes

What about shredded paper? Preferable ink-less

1 Like

I don’t think it will work well, with a hydro system. I fear it might compact too much, once it’s wet.

1 Like

You would probably be right . . . Let me think on this, I’m sure I can shoot a few more ideas your way

1 Like