The LED hack shack and other tall tales

There is always old shredded clothes that could work,wouldn’t compact like paper, but I’ll think of something better

If you ask me… this plants need some extra care !
Ohohhh… they are looking like "don’t go too fast ", I will stay with you.

SpeesCees

1 Like

Have you heard of mapito?

1 Like

@SpeesCees well do you have any suggestions for a compost-able growing media that would work for a hydro system?

What plants?
IMO all the plants that matter are looking fine.

3 Likes

Pigeon poe with good composted hemp
haksel… will do.

1 Like

Yes I know it, not a good option IMO.
It’s a mix of RW and plastic, even harder to recycle then pure RW.

RW can be remelted into new RW, so I can recycle it. Just need to go to the dump with root cubes, and not a big fan of that.
But I’ll manage :smiley:

3 Likes

7 Likes

All right overgrowers, the first week have passed and I figured it would be a good time to do a update.

To recap, I defoiled the moms the night before the 12/12 flip. In an experiment to see if it wouldnt stun the stretching, and keep the plants low.
I removed ½ of the veg nutes in the res, topped and added GHE micro and bloom 2:3 parts. Took the Ec up to 1.8 at pH 5.6 and been ballancing the res around 1.8 - 1.9 Ec

For the most part they have just refoiled, there have been minimal stretching so far.
I topped one branch, that took a wild turn into the 3000K spectrum.
Everything looks as hoped, in time we will see how it pans out.

Team Putin is doing fine as well, they just got another upgrade today.
Mr. Postman was here with more of the 70W 2100 mA drivers, so I swaped the smaller drivers out.
Boosting the light a little, going from 80 Watt up to 113 Watt at the wall.

I have kept them on 1.0 Ec for 5 days, then yesterday I bumped the Ec up to 1.3
During the day I followed the grow tips, desided to lower the Ec down to 1.2 at pH 5.7

I dropped the light, to the same height as the flowering lights and during the week I spread the plants out a little.
The two clones that didn’t show roots, or only a little bit are faling behind now and struggeling.
They are not gonna be used, this is why I always take a few extra cuttings.

8 Likes

Another week have passed, time for an update!

The defoil seemed to hold the streatch back for the first 7-9 days, then growth other then folia was starting to grow.
They haven’t streatched a lot, but I am fairly sure I will need to move them to the bottom of the closet in a weeks time.

Been keeping the Ec around 1.8-2.0 and pH is kept around 5.6 pH.

The clones under veg light is doing fine as well, it’s the 3rd go with Cheese clones and it’s the 3rd time I have issues with their feed. They look sick, off in color and I have tried feeding them low, medium and hard. At everything from 6.5 down to 5.5 pH, but it seems like once they got a decent size rootball, the problems go away. (No bugs)

Anyway they are growing, and they should be moving out soon.

12 Likes

Come onnnnn… be honest ?!
They are looking to me like they are in a very bad condition !
The real power is already out if this clones.
For 90% sure they do have footrot.
Sounds hard… but that’s what I see.

Maybe you should check out www.rubol.nl
They do have a good english side on there site with a lot of good info.( at the end… pfff ). At least they do have the led lights with green in it.
So… now there are ledlights with blue, green and red, so we endly have a good amount of lumen with led !
There’s a way to messure the lumen by using a lux meter.
The spectrum from HPS may be very high… but without green we didn’t become lumen enough.
The green houses in The Netherlands are busy to change from HPS into Led.
That’s what we were waiting for…isn’t it ?

SpeesCees

2 Likes

Im honest all the way, for this cut it’s normal it struggles in the beginning.
They will bounce back, it’s the 3rd set doing this.
It’s UK cheese, im fairly sure it’s sick. Just haven’t figured out what it is, seems to be systemic but it’s not passed on to other plants.

The roots are fine, there are no bugs or rot, a little algea but not enough to do this.
I understand what your seeing, but they will turn around and still yeald some awesome smoke.

Cob’s won’t fit in my closet, for flower I am planing to switch my 600 HPS’s to 315 CMH’s.
I have to stick to flowering under HID, but for now it’s HPS for flower. LED for veg, and just doing a flower test for the blast of it.

3/4

5 Likes

Hola Pal

Same here the Cheese is always

harder to clone for some reason

but I manage to clone 3 it took

almost a month

Keep up the Good work

Bare

6 Likes

You may come over that problem by only using clones who are not “woody” but still fresh and green.
They will root more easy by 23-24 degrees Celcius and 89% moister in the air.
If clones didn’t root in 7 days… they will have footrot for sure.
They will come over… but they will never coming to a plant as we want.
Also… such clones need a lot of 18 hours before they start growing.
One of the reasons that I’m only working with seed and the 12/12 system.
Since I do that… I never did have a problem with Spint mites and/or thrips and my plants will grow out to serious aduld plants who did not struggle to survive.

SpeesCees

1 Like

If you ask me… wowwwww… much too high with that EC… MUCH too high !
And the PH should be 6.00
What I see and read… you’re giving them a damned hard time.

SpeesCees

That uk cheese has always been on my to do list.
I’m not a hydro guy but my buddies seem to keep their solutions that acidic or more.
The broken glass idea is awesome! I might have to try it just to say I did.:metal::metal:

Yes it’s the 3rd run, they looked like that with low feed, they looked like that with medium feed and they look like this here the 3rd run with heavy feed.

If I don’t try different things, and stick to it for a while I won’t know anything. And if I changed everything up, everytime someone online told me to. I would be changing everything 20 times a day, to keep random people satisfied.
IN the end this thread isnt much about how I treat the plants, but a log of my experiments with light. Too bad I picked a clone that acts up, the other mom I had didn’t act like that, But she was a shitty RQS hack. She yealded poorly, got bud rot and the smoke is nothing to write about.

Today I just grow for personal, my farming days are long gone and a thing of the past. I don’t care if I only get 0.7 gpw of the cheese, it’s wonderful smoke and IMO worth growing even tho she looks very sad for the most part.

11 Likes

I’ve tried high and low pH, high and low Ec.

I have accepted she’s just defficult in the start, she’s an old lady and a classic.
Deffently give it a try, if you can get the cut and if the smell isn’t an issue.

The broken glass was a joke, it works but it’s a PITA! :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s been another week, and it’s time to do another update on the LED Spectrum test.

Defoiled them again

3000 Kelvin Strips

4000 Kelvin Strips

6000 Kelvin Strips

6500 Kelvin Strips 12Volt

8000 Kelvin Strips

So far so good, everything is looking great.
Im fairly surpriced with the 12V strips, everything I have read and seen online about 12V strips.
Have been negative, and that they would run very hot. I don’t know if it might be, something to do with the way they are hooked up. 3x 12V strips, to a 36V driver. As they are not hotter then the 24V strips, and from the look of it the plants under the 12V strips. They look dencer then the rest, with more and slightly bigger flowers.

7 Likes

A week ago I was asked to be honest, about my “bad condition” clones.

Time to do a update on Team Putin :smiley:
They have been in flower 7 days now, and for “rootrotten clones”, with out any power left they are doing okay.

Maybe it’s cos it’s Shirt less Putin month

I am not sure or maybe Team Putin is cheating.

Day 1

Day 7

Ec 1.4
pH 6.0

8 Likes