The Log of Trials and Errors as experienced by Me.

Obstacle #1: Figuring out how to set up the grow tent. And thus begins my journey of growing indoors. :smile::v:t2::green_heart:

9 Likes

Ok, guys. So I bought a grow tent kit and have gotten it almost completely set up…but I’m confused on the 2 way fan and carbon filter set-up. Website lists like 3 different setups and now I’m confused. Initially, I had filter inside tent, connected by ducting to 2 way fan “in” side and had the fan blowing “out” side blowing out of the tent. Then I saw a set-up with filter outside tent pulling in air and fan output side blowing inside tent. At this point I think I’m overthinking it and have gotten myself confused. I know with greenhouses the fan always blows air out…but confused on what my plants need. I’m planning on growing 2 plants from seed in the tents. At this point my seeds haven’t even germinated yet, so I need to figure this out before the sprout! Thank you in advance for educating me, I’ve never grown indoors before and want to make sure I get it right!

4 Likes

It’s usually better to suck through the filter rather than blow through it. So filter in tent ,to fan, to outside of tent. How you had it set up first is best.

5 Likes

My setup is similar to yours… my tents are both small (a 2’x2’ and a 2’x3’). One being only 48" high, the other 64" high.
With LED lights, and needing to keep 16"-24" distance between the light and plant tops, I don’t have enough room to keep my fan and filter inside the tent once the plants get full sized.

Your situation looks similar.

I mount the carbon filter directly to the output of the fan, and hang them (or set them on the floor) outside the tent. A section of 4" duct-tubing connects to the fan input into the tents upper vent port.

Then I leave one of the tents lower vent flaps in the tent cracked open just a small amount. This small amount of vent opened means the fan is trying to pull more air than the little opening can allow to pass in. This creates a negative-air situation… and the sides of the tent “suck in”. This helps keep all the air going through the filter and keeps the smell from escaping (mostly).

4 Likes

I run mine inside the tent for exhaust outside for intake, so if you do it different your probably right lol.

2 Likes

One is looking great, the other yellowing.

2 Likes

They look unhappy with their dirt.
I’d think phosphorus deficiency for starters.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Hi there @Cccmm in all my tents I run the filter out side the tent it works just fine and gives me maximum over head space 60 is the tallest hight

I would shorten the amount of extra flexible duct it will increase efficiency

Not too sure on your soil mix but by the look of it not enough perlite for drainage the plants look unhappy showing signs of stress do to what looks like too wet soil

? What’s your soil mix also how often do you water

Peace
Paps

Plants not doing great.