The Mexican Landrace Thread *continues 2

A quick google translation of Tecolote’s post for everyone.

“I suppose your variety is the chamula, right? There are not many other varieties from Chiapas. Chamula is an ibl, I think it originates from Oaxacan lemon green varieties grown in the 70s. It is quite despised in Chiapas where everyone prefers the Oaxacan speck that is better cultivated, but it has a good lemon green flavor and a cheerful effect, well cared for it gives beautiful things”

I saw that those from mayan seeds gave chamula to those from hyperids, and they sell it as lemon green.”

8 Likes

Really need to come up with a name for her so not just saying the short one.lol

2 Likes

You mean Verde Limon from Hyp3rids? Have some of those on the go, very wide leaf so far, I’m not too psyched about the stem smell, Hopefully it’ll flower early enough to make a few seeds

4 Likes

I got a breeders pack of Hyp3rids Verde Limon and I’m definitely NOT impressed either after seeing pictures, doesn’t look very authentic

3 Likes

It was for Chischas. Yeah hyp3rids says his verde limón is from Chiapas, and serching in their web i find a conection with “mayan seeds”, and in the ig the where working with chamula so as i know that región i assume that it was the Chamula, since i really think chamula weed is originally verde limón, i assume hyperids verde limón is chamula, but yeah I find some pics and leafs don’t seem like mexican landrace. But i really think chamula weed is apure mexican landrace an d an IBL, since San Juan Chamula is historicaly a very close comunity

4 Likes

Hey hermano, those should come down around 11 on average with a few going 13, but you certainly may have found an earlier pheno between the Flo and C99 in there :call_me_hand:Can you send pics when you get a chance? I’d love to see how it’s coming along, and what you think of the smell. :pray::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

La mia?
Realmente no estoy seguro. Estamos reproduciendo una que un camarada encontró allá hace dos años. Es potente y sativa pura lo cual es elegible para buscar hacer repro.
Otro gran amigo, experto en resucitar semillas viejas está reproduciendo unas Chiapas de principios de los 90’s . Le envié ésas semillas con la esperanza que las reviviera; pues un amigo las tenía guardadas de hace años, venían de un contrabandista que traía la mota de alguna región de Chiapas.
Aquí fotos de la antigua Chiapas.
You mean My Chiapas Strain?
I’m really not sure. We are reproducing one that a good friend found there in Chiapas two years ago. It is powerful and pure sativa which is eligible to seek a good repro.
Another great friend, an expert in resurrecting old seeds, is reproducing some Chiapas from the early 90’s. I sent him those seeds in the hope that he would revive them; a friend had kept them for years, they came from a smuggler who brought the weed from some region of Chiapas.
Here photos of the old Chiapas

26 Likes

How is he making out? I heard there was success. Did he get males and females? I’m itching to try a new Mexican strain this spring for next summers run… I just love Mexican smoke😁

It’s Cryptic Labs Oaxaca. Does Chamula look like my favorite crazy gal, Old Silversides? The smell is cedar and incense, and the smoke smells like Frankincense. It’s just delicious.
This Chamula is not preferred due to the small flowers? Is it still around these days? I could care less about yield. I’m after that wonderful Uppity buzz😁

6 Likes

Any pictures? Repro you say???

3 Likes

Chamula, at least the real one (very easy and the cheapest to find around San Cristóbal de las Casas área) will probably need some generations of stability work, to get rid of hermies.

5 Likes

@Tecolote Any chance at getting seed? I’d work with them if they are like old silversides, even if they hermie.

1 Like

Go to Chiapas, it’s a beautifoul State. Maybe my favorite (San Luis Potosí and Oaxaca are very close on my list). In San Cristóbal ask to the hippie artisans for some cheap weed for 50 pesos You get a oz of weed full of seeds (as a gringo expect to pay more and get less ja). They will get the weed from the barrio of Nueva Palestina (don’t go there yourself). Or go to San Juan Chamula. It’s a little and historical tzotzil Town, Nice artesanías. Go to a local cantina to drink posh (traditional corn liquor) the sell weed there. Don’t tales photos of anything in chamula or they will smash your campera, is and old tradition in the town

10 Likes

I am loving Tom Hill Mexican. I am sure Kushyman would give you some too. You know where to find him.

Also these Zacatecas look like they might be pretty promising too.

Both of them appear to be hybrids though. No sure if that is up your alley.

4 Likes

Smart tradition. Can’t Blame them at all.
Thanks for the Chiapas info. I really want to go to Oaxaca someday to hunt for new Oaxaca lines. Chiapas just made my list too, thanks!
@Motaco thanks, I’ll look into it. I really want to grow and work with one no one else is working with. Huixtepec is excellent and deserves another run, but I want to try new unknown stuff too. Great genepool.
I stay away from hybrids for now, but it doesn’t hurt stashing away seed. I like the pure stuff for now, but I’ll grow the hybrids later on.

2 Likes

Oaxacan weed is better than chiapas weed. Most of the weed in Chiapas actually come from Oaxaca, as I Say before i actually think chamula comes from old oaxacan weed. The only thing that maybe chamula have, is that it is probably purest than a Lot of oaxacan since recently farmers in the sierras of Oaxaca are turning to modern hybrids because it’s what the market wants. The way the chamulas are, very closed to strangers and over protective of their old ways, is what i think preserve the line

14 Likes

doc_d was living in Chiapas

Dont know if hes still staying in Chiapas …but he’s down there

5 Likes

My friend put some photos on the other site,soon as posible i’ll show you

2 Likes

CVO was a pure evergreen smell, I just crossed Heirloom Afghani into Copalita village Oaxacan.

I was backcrossing Afghani into Garlic bud anyway, and my last Copalita village Oaxacan clone I let Afghani male pollen hit it.

I’ll reveg the plant after I harvest seeds from it.

The Red Lightening was a fraud. It was a very long flowering plant. I wasted my time breeding things recently with it. It may be good but the Red Lightening was not the 4 to 5 week finisher I was told.

I think it was Greenpoints Red Lightening.
The Panama Red cross they sell.

I have 120 Panama Red seeds I’m dropping now.
3 different Panama Red’s to work with.
I’m also popping the 70s Colombian Gold seeds with it.
Once these are established then I’ll drop Acapulco gold seeds.

3 popped in 3 days, of each the PR and CG.
I added heat today because nothing was happening.
Day 3 is very important to have seeds popping.
A low heat source pops stubborn seeds.

They are being germinated in-between guaze sponges.
I also added a bit of hydrogen peroxide after I seen I had 1 popped of each strain , then few hours later, 2 more were breaking through.

The seeds looked like they were not gonna germ and did that on day 3. By after the 5th day I’m done picking through the seeds. I don’t like any seeds that pop later than day 5.

CG

PR

11 Likes

I’ve got some 6 feet Oaxacan Gold plants outdoors.
Gifted from @Upstate
Here’s some male clones I’m working up for fun.
About 2 weeks cloning outdoors.
This OG clones super easy. I’ve got my male OG selected tap root plant. I will keep plants going for years to ensure I have a good selection at hand always.

Next to it is some Tirah Valley Kush female clones I’m working up. Never any clone agents added to my clones. Just plain water and prayers :joy:

Night shot just now.

16 Likes

A few Oaxaca pictures I figured I had better post here.
Old Silversides daughters, 2nd generation.

Get us a picture if you get a minute

41 Likes