The Mexican Landrace Thread

Fasciated Chihuahua 1990, week 5 of 12

28 Likes

Truly fantastic

4 Likes

So that’s what it looks like. Delores is a No. Cal. favorite said to be the favorite strain of the late Paul Kantner. From info I have read it supposedly has some connection to Big Sur Holy Weed. Looks like you ran a terpene profile on it. I take it that this is one of the sneaky ones. Where you smoke it, then turn your attention to other stuff. Then when you get up and move you discover the world isn’t what it was 10 minutes ago.

Would really appreciate hearing more about it.

4 Likes

So to your way of thinking the light color of the leaves is an indication of more of a sativa base than indica? Interesting as I now have in flower a supposed panama red that out of 6 seeds has shown me three different phenos. Of the female light colored ones one is long lanky with long branches, one is columnar. The third I have no explanation of as it is very dark green and more of a shrub.

You never know what’s going to happen.

2 Likes

Not about the colour but usually the pure sativas always are light green.
I base myself on the primary structure of the plant when they are observed large plants, there are often hybrids that look like pure sativas.
but when they are small plants it is easy because a pure sativa always accustomed to hot and sometimes very humid climates .
They develop a very defined structure from birth.

4 Likes

Heres some good pics of RCColas Copalita Oaxaca seedlings…light green and narrow leaf

https://www.icmag.com/threads/introducing-copalita-oaxaca-2011.208376/page-8

4 Likes

Iwas going to chop this oaxacan tonight but I think one more week. The last picture shows the red trichome head development in the bottom right of the pic.

24 Likes

That’s going to give you Reefer Madness!!

2 Likes

Final live pictures of this Oaxacan, will add some pictures of the dried cured buds later.

26 Likes

So what are the percentage of monster stretchers? I’ve got a few in my tent now and am concerned I flipped too early.

1 Like

Nice plant. :grin:

1 Like

I’m sure quite a few strains that originated in NoCal tied back to Jerry K. and the old mexican weed he brought over.

3 Likes

I love this thread. I just read the whole thing again. I have 10 seeds of that “Mexican death sativa x Highland guerreo” from Colorado sativas. Do you guys think I should do an open pollination or select the best male and female now?

5 Likes

Chihuahua copper canyon 1990,

31 Likes

Just simple amazing!
This Cooper Canyon its one of the last top quality mexican around.

13 Likes

Copper Canyon is a very cool place (Canon de Cobre). I traveled through there once (on a train). Land of the native Tarahumara people. Private people. Runners - they run almost everywhere. And beautiful artists. They live in a rugged and remote region, for sure.
Preserve those plants you got. Those are special

8 Likes

very unique look! curious what are the scents/aromas like on this one? effects? flowering tme?

4 Likes

This round was 75 days at 11/13, from cut. Sour, herbal, leather, and a bit of strawberry. Some people don’t like the effect, it activates the senses and leaves you very attentive to everything, and at the same time very high. So it creates a bit of confusion. Personally, I love this effect for home activities.

8 Likes

Absolutely they will finish @rasterman. I use 12 12 frequently

2 Likes

Guadalajara

I think there’s an extremely good chance this one is pure. It’s in week 4 of flower after a long, slow veg. The males are spindly, and @Elchischas can verify that they’ve been too poorly treated to post a photo lol. But they are revegging and I collected pollen. They’ve been dumping pollen for 2 months.

17 Likes