The Mexican Landrace Thread

For me it has been a little easier because I had the opportunity to grow many landraces in an area where there were no hybrids for a long time.

cannabis that has been acclimatized for decades to an area near the equators by logic The strongest phenotypes will be of the sativa type, it does not matter if they are descended from indica The clearest example that I could see was with Panama 1974 There is no doubt that it descends from indica plants, but nothing to do with a modern indica. It can be seen in the dominant characters that they were selecting it towards the more sativa side of its genetics and it was because they were the most resistant phenotypes and that they survived high humidity and a lot of rain. I usually identify them in the initial stage of growth, when they are seedlings; They usually have long, thin, serrated leaves. with a very faint coloration and very thin leaves, almost like paper
Here some examples of what i’m talking about
You can see since the early stages that the plants haven’t modern indica paterns

![IMG_20240103_125057|508x500(upload://32tc8wyhoVf3o8lv5rslyk3LB7l.jpeg)

20 Likes

Thanks for that response @Elchischas
If I am seeing this correctly, the first image of three, was of the Panama 74 ?..
It looks Fragile as you mentioned, thin leaves, dull serrations when compared to the bottom two

2 Likes

First and third image are pure méxican landrace from Popocatépetl Vulcano, some plants don’t even end flowering on one year.
The third its the mother of the,12 fingers cross
A very old seed that i found on a small village.

11 Likes

Thank You for that clarification. Hugely appreciated. Yellow Rocks… lol
Best Wishes on your Grow !!

4 Likes

talking about how identify the right mexican landraces
I got shitloads of bagseeds, seeds that never ill be working with it. My real collection are on the fridge.
Well my brother just threw up some from that Big pile of bagseeds and surprising some are truly interesting
Now i’m just trying to figure out what kind of seeds he pick up and sow lol

22 Likes

Dang! That’s a lot! :partying_face:

5 Likes

If you have tons of expendable beans and they are somewhat fresh they make a real good batch of starter water if you soak them for 24 till they pop tails and strain the beans out and keep the water for popping really old beans.I popped 25 year old seeds with the water i just git done straining the popped seeds with.Im thinking the overall concentration of Germinating enzymes is offput in the water and the old beans get that enzyme they were missing.

11 Likes

Oaxacan selected and worked by Escobar, still good few weeks to go, should start foxtailing soon.

30 Likes

Nice plants @Elchischas I love those landraces. Hence many phenotypes differ strains ,like growing closed pollinated flowers , an all my open pollinated G2 growing Outdoors Lat 28 so cold here subtropical…Peace…

4 Likes

Lovely :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks bro, certainly are really interesting
I made a cross with pure Haze so i’m sure that will be puré fire i’m that cross

3 Likes

Quick question my fully seeded Oaxacan is at the point that if just buds would put into jar. Do I scratch that jar shit and just let it dry completely out?

1 Like

I think if the flowers are important to smoke and you’ll be in the jars often to grab pieces it should be fine but if the smokability of the flowers isn’t that important or you won’t be in the jars often I think it would be more ideal to let them dry out more completely. Hope this helps. Many blessings and much love

4 Likes

Love that, has little tinge of color and the tris look huge! Very Nice!

1 Like

Yes the colours starting to come out on this one now, it should start shooting red foxtails soon, if it is the same pheno I grew before. I made red oil from these last time I grew this as even the trichomes contained red.

21 Likes

I lost an ounce to mold a couple of months ago. Now I don’t play around with almost dry and cracking jars. Instead I let it get dry and throw a humid pack in the jar.

3 Likes

Nice Bud tricomes. Little crystals. Nice close ups
Thanks for sharing quality Buds , BUD
@jesuswearsflares the holy one. Peace and happy growing, lots of luck ,Oaxacan selected and worked by Escobar, gives you all …
OverGrow The World SeedsaversOGers…beans.

2 Likes

Thanks @calman1955

The reds really starting to come out on this oaxacan. I dont think it enjoyed being topped and will probably only yield an oz but I might give this one a reveg because she is very pretty flower.

26 Likes

Very Nice Colors. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

electric orange hairs!!!