The Mexican Landrace Thread

It was F2 of Cannabiogen Jarilla.

The smell was subtle, not really good (I don’t know why). I don’t remember exactly, but nothing memorable.

A strain to “clean up”, in any case work on a large number and there is work!
I wasn’t expecting much to show off on a few plants, and that turned out to be true.

10 Likes

Quality stuff, amigo!

3 Likes

thanks for the feedback! that line has been on my list to try

beware the observer effect, AKA self-fulfilling prophecy

but also, landrace lines are known for heterozygous populations so there’s always a chance that you’ll get some mediocre expressions, especially when running less than 10

4 Likes

cola de borrego

17 Likes

Well, there WERE too few seeds😁. I fixed that issue. Seriously though, I know what you mean. It would have been nice to have started with more than 5 plants.
I know i’ve said this before, But this is yet another plant that was destined for death and I babied the gal and saved a preservation. She was decapitated at birth. Took 6 weeks to get it growing. Never surrender!

Week 12

20 Likes

Next time expect to find something memorable…and you will😉

3 Likes

Lets make the “Guadalajara” project bro :wink:

4 Likes

@Elchischas You know it! Can’t wait to smoke this one and " feel like I’m walking on pillows". She’s got it all.

6 Likes

That Guadalajara looks great.

1 Like

Reality is a reflection of expectation

5 Likes

Saw somebody on hear mention Hidalgo Seeds , they are on Facebook

2 Likes

A good friend of mine and a great grower got a very old Oaxacan seeds from 70’s
He has had those seeds saved for more than 50 years. I think he has only tried to germinate them once but without success. I had suggested that it would be a good idea to pay for a laboratory so they could germinate them. But he doesn’t have much interest in them anymore so he told me he could give them to me as a gift. I really don’t feel capable of being able to germinate such old seeds. So I thought maybe we could do something here for them. what do you think @Upstate

20 Likes

@Elchischas Buddy, my mouth is watering at the thought of a “new” old Oaxaca! I’d get funds together and pay to have them professionally done in a laboratory. 10 people at $50 each might be enough. I’ll look into it today and check the price. @Guitarzan knew someone on OG that does it. @YoBigdaddy might remember who it is.

20 Likes

Are you thinking of @SCJedi as I know he does tissue culture professionally.

2 Likes

Great! Let’s do this!
My friend ask me for an address so You know where the seeds will be traveling lol
Also another good new:
There’s no only an old Oaxacan Strain, also he will be sending old 70’s Guerrero too! So must be two old mexican strains!

17 Likes

hand slowly raises from the back of the room

7 Likes

Damn it! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I spent all my money on cheap women and expensive whiskey. :partying_face: The rest of it , I just wasted. :joy:

7 Likes

Slow horses and fast women got a chunk of my cash.

5 Likes

I just saw stoneguru posting something about doing embryo rescue with a lab out east.

4 Likes

:sunglasses:Oaxaca well worth the investment!!!

5 Likes