The Mexican Landrace Thread

@Upstate @Elchischas Have either of you run the BOEL Oaxacan? Some of my favorite smoke is the BOEL Oaxacan x Dwarf Oaxacan from AKBB, and through a friend I was able to get some of the pure BOEL Oaxacan so curious if you guys or anyone on here has run it before.

12 Likes

That BOEL Oaxaca is from RCColas

Thats good news!

RCColas was a member here recently … @RC_Colas

8 Likes

Yup got it from a mutual friend a week ago, stoked

4 Likes

Do you know anyone with a worm bin??Mysticfunk puts his in a worm bin i think to pop really old beans

7 Likes

best medicine I found this year was (AKBB > BOEL Oaxacan x Dwarf Oaxacan) x (Billy Goat Repro of Viet Black (same as snowhigh IIRC))

i do believe there’s a touch of indica on the Oaxacan side but this landrace cross is on a level above the commercial varieties AKA blockwork dominating the market

8 Likes

Oh man that sounds righteous! Two of my favorites and I got the ZAP from Bodhi because I was looking for those two together. I ran an accidental pollination of my Mextiza/Malawi with Zang (VB/A5) and it was potent and productive stuff. The yield from your Oaxaca with the VB must be righteous, those AKBBs are the strongest and most vigorous stuff out there.

5 Likes

I got the chance many years ago
The seeds was given to me many years ago
Now another friend give me some again…
I saw pictures of some really big cool outdoor plants and it Seems legit to me

5 Likes

I know MysticFunk
I gave him very old Chiapas seeds and he was able to back them to life again.
Since then we haven’t talked again
I told him about other old seeds that got a friend here but never answer me back…

10 Likes

Btw you got billy goat Viet Black?

3 Likes

Haven’t run that one yet my friend. I do see stripes on some of the seeds, so I think it was starting to be hybridized. I also see some seeds without stripes, so it might be possible to pull a pure version out of it yet. Seeds are small like the 1970 Oaxaca, which is a good sign.
I don’t yet know if stripes can come about by crossing several unrelated lines of the same landrace, but by crossing 2 there are no stripes made.
@CapnCannabis I have a worm bin going and it works great, but Tissue culture sounds like another step up from that. I sent a message yesterday enquiring about it.

4 Likes

Hopefully it’s not crazy expensive to do tissue culture. I’ll update here any info I find out. @SCJedi is the man I’m looking for.

4 Likes

How many seeds are we talking about? I only have a vague idea of tissue culture but it seems to be a lot of work per plant.

1 Like

Is it anything like meristem culture?

Can’t verify the grower however… Google results.

4 Likes

Yup @Michael1 has done some amazing work with his Colombian Red, I’m growing his BSHW cross currently. I’ve grown hybrids of the BOEL Oaxacan many times, but never the BOEL pure, so pretty stoked. Thanks for the link :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

There are some home kits you can try first…but it worth the lab if you need

2 Likes

And I won’t be getting to these until July, but I’ll be doing an OP and making seeds available to everyone for free :call_me_hand:

9 Likes

The seeds will be send the next week to @Upstate
Seeds are from 70’s for real
So at least they got 50 years old
According to my friend who got it
They are on fridge since 20 years ago
So my opinion ain’t gonna be easy

14 Likes

At 10 weeks flowering I think an ingredient was forgotten about. Bud looks killer though.

3 Likes

All i know is that you only need one viable cell in the seed to have success. It doesn’t need to be “alive enough” to grow, just alive.
@allotment this time we’ll leave it to the experts. I don’t know if each seed is treated separately or if all seeds go in one test tube. I don’t know how many seeds, either.

7 Likes