The most potent strain on the market.

i only look at thc delta nine numbers …and there usually less then one percent

1 Like

It definitely is, but the average consumer is only presented with a few numbers to make a decision. So if you’re a dispensary, you’re trying to post big numbers. And now if you’re breeder, you’re just trying to show a test with big numbers. It’s self-reinforcing.

If you knew what strains worked for you, you could use lab tests to determine what it was. But the data is presented in a way that consumers think it is informing them what is potent.

I call it ABV mentality.

8 Likes

The current favourite in my stash is a low potency low resin sativa.

It smells wonderful.

6 Likes

totally agree, i look at lab tests to see which have thc d 9 because it does get me high from smoking,if i wanted to make edibles i would look for thca

1 Like

i also like to see terps too

2 Likes

one other thing i saw in lab tests, some show pics of the trikes, you never see even one amber trike in those pics

2 Likes

My comment was more about establishing a baseline and about those sparkles that travel the side of the joint. If all you do is concentrates …well you would not be able to measure that way.

When I first smoked supposed Columbian in the '70’s what I noticed was the hash taste and the line of oil that would travel just before the burn line. In strains I have grown I have seen that in SSDD, BD/CQ, Master Kush, SL BX x GojiQM, All had the sparkle.

When I smoked lab tested Wedding Cake (22.01%) and Alien Stardawg (20.5%) I got that same sparkle. Lesser tests no. I have smoked strains in the 18 % range that did the job but THC does not tell the whole story obviously.

And got 4 seed from a half oz of the Wedding Cake!

5 Likes

in many of those carts all of the terpenes seem to have been removed, and then they are added back in for flavor. I was mulling over my choice of cart at the dispensary one time and a good friend who is the bud tender told me that the names on the packaging have nothing to do with what strain they were derived from, but instead thats how they are “flavored.” Terpenes are much more complicated than we understand and they cant just be tossed around like ingredients in a cake

8 Likes

THCA is broken down to delta 9 with heat. That’s why smoking gets us high while you could eat that raw bud and get little to no effect.

So going for THCA for edibles would only work if it was decarbed first. Not to say THCA doesn’t have it own medical uses but it’s not psychoactive until it’s been heated.

I think the main issue with modern herb is too much THC. The plant is only capable of making so many cannabinoids. Let’s say that number is 35% well if 25-30 of that is THC then there is very little room for the other ones. That’s why strains in the 15-20 range usually win blind tests.

I also think this is why most long term smokers are always fond of the old strains but complain about them not existing any more. Similar to the RKS issue from smokers that experienced that after decades of import weed, and now after decades of different strong strains they claim RKS is gone and would be the best stuff still.

9 Likes

The strongest I’ve smoked was gg#4 @ 32% and it was a black pepper killer.

3 Likes

this was wrong

1 Like

I think the whole extraction idea is flawed unless it’s whole plant extract, like live resin. Yes terps are in everything, but I think its part of the entire profile that affects us in psychoactive ways and otherwise - it all adds up, and its what makes each strain unique

2 Likes

The Entourage effective is defiently something that needs to be present. Those pure thc crystal’s taste horrible and are worthless without being coverd in terps aka sauce smh. @J-Icky you nailed in regards to a plants ability to produce a certain amount of substances and people upping the thc is removing the unique effects that used to accompany different strains, og kush typically tests in the low to mid 20s but has a very broad spectrum of benefitial terpens and there for alot of people tend to feel strong effects and enjoy it. Certain strains effect people differently, I have some strains that barely effect me but work great for my friends and vice versa, your own body chemistry and cannabinoid receptors have alot to do with it.
In regards to numbers look up a strain called future ,it tested at like 36% or something hard to believe.

9 Likes

if you look at at some tests at least ten you will see your absolutely right there chuck full of thca and theres little to none thc, thca does turn to thc yes, but over a longer time and lower temp then toking, easily proven
some one out there must have a thermo gun get the temp of the red hot ash as its being toked…paper start to burn at 451f red hot properly dryed and cured what 11% moisture? bet it will be about 600F then put a bud in the oven at that temp for as long as your toke is, so if its 5 secs then 5secs in the oven. let me know

2 Likes

@ReikoX has a good reference, see:

3 Likes

I see your point but the reason the stuff in the oven wouldn’t work is more because the THC would vaporize off at those temps. That’s why decarbing is done low and slow. Basically enough heat to start the process but not hot enough to vaporize the thc.
But you are kind of right about not all THCA turning to THC in a joint or bowl. Some will def burn without converting. But in a bowl or joint it’s not the material burning in the “cherry” that’s doing anything. It’s the material that’s right next to that, that is vaporizing off it’s volitales just before the plant material is burned by the actual cherry. So there will be a decent amount of THCA that gets torched before it can convert and vaporize. But the same can be said for THC or any other cannabinoid.

5 Likes

@Who as you know you’re not going to get high by eating weed without heating it first. There is practically no delta-9-thc in the buds themselves, but they are packed with THCA.

The reason that THCA doesn’t get us high is due to the physical shape of the THCA molecule, which is too large to fit into our cannabinoid receptors. Heat removes a group of atoms from the THCA, which alters the structure, and it becomes the perfect shape to fit into our endocannabinoid receptors.

So, looking for strains high in delta-9 while overlooking or discarding the THCA content may be leading you down the wrong path.

2 Likes

They both serve there purposes especially when you consider extracts but I think the important thing is to recognize both and keep varieties that lean both ways.

1 Like

Haha!! I loved Super Crystal!! That was from Homegrown fantaseeds, and I bought a pack in Amsterdam in 1998! Wish I could get my hands on that, or their original K2! :+1:

1 Like

That right there was something that I only recently learned about and it made so much sense. I saw it in a green leaf video. Skip to 11:50 for those notes about terpenes and the smoke