The most potent strain on the market.

The strongest I’ve smoked was gg#4 @ 32% and it was a black pepper killer.

3 Likes

this was wrong

1 Like

I think the whole extraction idea is flawed unless it’s whole plant extract, like live resin. Yes terps are in everything, but I think its part of the entire profile that affects us in psychoactive ways and otherwise - it all adds up, and its what makes each strain unique

2 Likes

The Entourage effective is defiently something that needs to be present. Those pure thc crystal’s taste horrible and are worthless without being coverd in terps aka sauce smh. @J-Icky you nailed in regards to a plants ability to produce a certain amount of substances and people upping the thc is removing the unique effects that used to accompany different strains, og kush typically tests in the low to mid 20s but has a very broad spectrum of benefitial terpens and there for alot of people tend to feel strong effects and enjoy it. Certain strains effect people differently, I have some strains that barely effect me but work great for my friends and vice versa, your own body chemistry and cannabinoid receptors have alot to do with it.
In regards to numbers look up a strain called future ,it tested at like 36% or something hard to believe.

9 Likes

if you look at at some tests at least ten you will see your absolutely right there chuck full of thca and theres little to none thc, thca does turn to thc yes, but over a longer time and lower temp then toking, easily proven
some one out there must have a thermo gun get the temp of the red hot ash as its being toked…paper start to burn at 451f red hot properly dryed and cured what 11% moisture? bet it will be about 600F then put a bud in the oven at that temp for as long as your toke is, so if its 5 secs then 5secs in the oven. let me know

2 Likes

@ReikoX has a good reference, see:

3 Likes

I see your point but the reason the stuff in the oven wouldn’t work is more because the THC would vaporize off at those temps. That’s why decarbing is done low and slow. Basically enough heat to start the process but not hot enough to vaporize the thc.
But you are kind of right about not all THCA turning to THC in a joint or bowl. Some will def burn without converting. But in a bowl or joint it’s not the material burning in the “cherry” that’s doing anything. It’s the material that’s right next to that, that is vaporizing off it’s volitales just before the plant material is burned by the actual cherry. So there will be a decent amount of THCA that gets torched before it can convert and vaporize. But the same can be said for THC or any other cannabinoid.

5 Likes

@Who as you know you’re not going to get high by eating weed without heating it first. There is practically no delta-9-thc in the buds themselves, but they are packed with THCA.

The reason that THCA doesn’t get us high is due to the physical shape of the THCA molecule, which is too large to fit into our cannabinoid receptors. Heat removes a group of atoms from the THCA, which alters the structure, and it becomes the perfect shape to fit into our endocannabinoid receptors.

So, looking for strains high in delta-9 while overlooking or discarding the THCA content may be leading you down the wrong path.

2 Likes

They both serve there purposes especially when you consider extracts but I think the important thing is to recognize both and keep varieties that lean both ways.

1 Like

Haha!! I loved Super Crystal!! That was from Homegrown fantaseeds, and I bought a pack in Amsterdam in 1998! Wish I could get my hands on that, or their original K2! :+1:

1 Like

That right there was something that I only recently learned about and it made so much sense. I saw it in a green leaf video. Skip to 11:50 for those notes about terpenes and the smoke

I do agree 100% with @Who’s assessment regarding the tendency for breeders to breed toward bag appeal or taste over potency these days. However, I think that some people also embrace the funkier smells or tastes like old man breath or burning tires or the old favorite road kill skunk, but those terpenes also generally go hand in hand with ultra dankness or high potency, unlike the fruitier flavors I have come across which tend to be less potent, or if they test as potent they just dont usually have that magic ingredient X that makes my brain sit up and do the happy dance like the more fuel filled strains do.

5 Likes

Damn the government!

Hey thanks man… never hurts to ask before you go out and work yourself to death.

I’m learning that the hard way.

The government is always looking for an excuse to justify it’s high rate of taxation. Probably why nam started in the first place truth be known.

Currently the best I got is a TH Seeds Darkstar crossed with a Indiana Bubblegum clone I picked up in Denver. It does have some buzz to it but far from what I used to consider marijuana. The stuff I used to smoke gave intense feelings of high or hallucinations and this was the stuff that wasn’t sprayed with PCP. Yea I miss the drug days from before legalization.

Sounds good… will give those a try… got the MK Ultra Kush growing out now and had planned on ordering the gorilla glue to try next.

Wish I could be satisfied with low potency… I’m kind of a high potency junky when it comes to smoking weed.

I get the gist everyone… the good old days are gone… dope has been watered down… taxation continues to spread across the country and the world… pulls trigger

Don’t get to discouraged there are still alot of old genetics around and alot of people hell bent on bringing them back on a larger scale , maybe not compared to the grand scope of things but there out there if you really hunt around and look into to people’s reputation before sending cash for beans. I’d look into swami for some older lines and keep your eyes peeled around these parts as alot of members are pretty big fans of the older stuff.
@OleReynard isent it crazy how amazing and exotic some of the new strains look but then they lack any real uniqueness in the smell and taste departments, some look like they would kill a horse and barely get you high.
Even 20 years ago if you saw something that looked amazing 90% of the time it was.

2 Likes

Someone who understands my pain. Yes, Homegrown Fantaseeds… ordered 10 just recently and it was all hemp bud… no longer a resin producing, aggressive growing plant that it once was.

Man that would be awesome if someone could hook me up with some “actual” marijuana seeds and not this hemp-crossed government BS they’re pumping out today.

If you are reading this and can hook me up… please please please… hey I’m begging here

2 Likes

Much compared to prohibtion days in the united states. They used to drink strong cheap stuff because of the legal issues. We’re still on weed prohibition mentality. Well atleast the legal market is.

2 Likes

Every time a new thc peak is reached, everyone wants to breed with that strain, to increase the thc count. Because of this, the genepool is shrinking. The weed is all becoming related. It’s like having chicken every night, but in a different form. Chicken Nuggets, fried chicken, roast chicken, chicken curry, etc. It all tastes different, but it’s all chicken in the end.

11 Likes

Now I want some fried chicken and waffles :laughing:

7 Likes