The most potent strain on the market.

I do agree 100% with @Who’s assessment regarding the tendency for breeders to breed toward bag appeal or taste over potency these days. However, I think that some people also embrace the funkier smells or tastes like old man breath or burning tires or the old favorite road kill skunk, but those terpenes also generally go hand in hand with ultra dankness or high potency, unlike the fruitier flavors I have come across which tend to be less potent, or if they test as potent they just dont usually have that magic ingredient X that makes my brain sit up and do the happy dance like the more fuel filled strains do.

5 Likes

Damn the government!

Hey thanks man… never hurts to ask before you go out and work yourself to death.

I’m learning that the hard way.

The government is always looking for an excuse to justify it’s high rate of taxation. Probably why nam started in the first place truth be known.

Currently the best I got is a TH Seeds Darkstar crossed with a Indiana Bubblegum clone I picked up in Denver. It does have some buzz to it but far from what I used to consider marijuana. The stuff I used to smoke gave intense feelings of high or hallucinations and this was the stuff that wasn’t sprayed with PCP. Yea I miss the drug days from before legalization.

Sounds good… will give those a try… got the MK Ultra Kush growing out now and had planned on ordering the gorilla glue to try next.

Wish I could be satisfied with low potency… I’m kind of a high potency junky when it comes to smoking weed.

I get the gist everyone… the good old days are gone… dope has been watered down… taxation continues to spread across the country and the world… pulls trigger

Don’t get to discouraged there are still alot of old genetics around and alot of people hell bent on bringing them back on a larger scale , maybe not compared to the grand scope of things but there out there if you really hunt around and look into to people’s reputation before sending cash for beans. I’d look into swami for some older lines and keep your eyes peeled around these parts as alot of members are pretty big fans of the older stuff.
@OleReynard isent it crazy how amazing and exotic some of the new strains look but then they lack any real uniqueness in the smell and taste departments, some look like they would kill a horse and barely get you high.
Even 20 years ago if you saw something that looked amazing 90% of the time it was.

2 Likes

Someone who understands my pain. Yes, Homegrown Fantaseeds… ordered 10 just recently and it was all hemp bud… no longer a resin producing, aggressive growing plant that it once was.

Man that would be awesome if someone could hook me up with some “actual” marijuana seeds and not this hemp-crossed government BS they’re pumping out today.

If you are reading this and can hook me up… please please please… hey I’m begging here

2 Likes

Much compared to prohibtion days in the united states. They used to drink strong cheap stuff because of the legal issues. We’re still on weed prohibition mentality. Well atleast the legal market is.

2 Likes

Every time a new thc peak is reached, everyone wants to breed with that strain, to increase the thc count. Because of this, the genepool is shrinking. The weed is all becoming related. It’s like having chicken every night, but in a different form. Chicken Nuggets, fried chicken, roast chicken, chicken curry, etc. It all tastes different, but it’s all chicken in the end.

11 Likes

Now I want some fried chicken and waffles :laughing:

7 Likes

Christ did not die on the cross in vain… he showed us the true meaning of taxation in God’s eyes!

I absolutely swear the government has bred out a bunch of hemp strains in order to reduce the available potency in today’s market. Legalize it then you can control it… and so modestly as the feds have still not fessed up to the fact that they do not now nor probably ever will have an amendment for drug prohibition in lieu of amendment 10.

I think that autoflowers are partially to blame also - ruderalis has been creeping in to the gene pool more and more

2 Likes

Korea, Vietnam, Drug War, Covid-19… how many more ways can the government justify the taxation of the people? Get a job already I say and let freedom ring!

A lot of landrace strains have very little THC, and lots of thca. A good cure has to happen for the magic to come out. I wonder if any of these Growers cure before sending their pot to Market? A cure can change up to 80% of that thca into THC. A co-worker that enjoys my weed alot wanted to show me how good modern hybrids are, so he grew Bruce Banner, Black Widow, and Skywalker kush. So far I have only tried the Bruce Banner, but I dumped the bowl out after several tokes. Gave me a headache and I just got sleepy. No high. My Brazilian friend tried all three of them, and agrees with me that the Cabeza de negro is stronger, better smoke. It probably only has 15% thc. I’ll never forget reading a story about somebody who traveled down to Mexico to hang out with the editor of one of the Mexican cannabis magazines. They smoked this incredible weed, and the high lasted for hours and hours and hours, and just one small top off smoke brought him right back up to where he had been before it had started to wear off. The editor of the magazine explained to him that the weed he just enjoyed, and said was the best he’d ever tried, came in at about 4% THC if my memory serves me right. The locals throw the seeds out the car windows and harvest the semi wild roadside Pot, which has the full array of other cannabinoids.

6 Likes

What ever happened to pheno hunting for the strongest bud? Actually smoking the results vs sending it out to a lab.

3 Likes

No doubt. Nothing better judges whether pot is good or not than smoking it.

3 Likes

The only way I judge pot is by smoking… lab results can be fudged.

1 Like

This is definitely true… grew out some Big Bud ages ago and it absolutely sucked until cured for 2 weeks in a paper bag… after that people were like “you got any you want to sell”… nice sweet herb that would turn your eyes blood red.

4 Likes

Lol that’s exactly how I feel, it’s all the same chicken in the end but it’s gotten alot worse over the last 3 years and that’s why I have it stuck in my head that it started with this influx of CBD genetics because the guys didn’t realize it’s like smoking kush lite!! Now that it’s in circulation there is no way of getting it out.

1 Like

Their shit is harvested and out the door for sale within 2 weeks this is why so many strains and breeders get screwed by those who care more about quick profit than a good product.

1 Like

I thought this might help some people.

Flash off Temps for cannabinoids.
Edit… Benzine is listed at 401f from later discussion it actually starts being produced at a lower temperature, but reaches its maximum concentration at 401f for those concerned about cancer.

Terpenes, how they smell and how they affect you.

13 Likes