The most Spellbinding-Inspiring-Rousing-Interactive & Fun Autoflower Plant and Seed Journal 2023

There are bountiful bouquets of Pollen Collection & Storage Wisdom here:

(closed) OGer, the Encore - #435 by Gpaw

My pal @Gpaw knows whereof he speaks!
-Grouchy

6 Likes

I experimented with some of the Cap Junky pollen because I had extra and the strains reputation preceeded it. So I had to give it a shot. I baked rice at about 150 degrees F for half an hour and added some to each of the 4 small ziploc bags I had the dried pollen in. I then vacuum sealed each ziploc separately and then put them in the freezer. I will see in about 6 weeks or so if it’s still viable.

5 Likes

I will be following along. Sounds like a party going to happen in the neighborhood. Im going to be sitting over here soaking my feet. Only the best of wish’s on your grow

3 Likes

Thank you very much @patsnumone

2 Likes

You know I hadn’t thought of that. That’s pretty sharp of you to come up with that possibility which makes a whole lot of sense to me. I like the Night Owl packaging

4 Likes

Well yes and no. I have a friend on here who I’ve known over a year. If he told me he bought a pack of lets say Forum Stomper from Mephisto and said he wanted to send me 5 for a breeding project I would trust that they were indeed breeder stock and use them to make seeds. However iif he got a pack from someone he knows and says he wants me to have 5 for a breeding project that’s not gonna happen. Who knows what his friend is sending him. Would I grow them just to grow them sure but I wouldn’t breed with them.

3 Likes

I have some auto testers, crosses that I’ve made recently that I would love to see grown out. The problem is growers are busy growing other stuff and not open to growing upon receipt. Any auto growers here on OG with an open slot to test one of these strains? I provide you with a 5 pk of fem autos and ask only that you grow them in the near future. I don’t require you to do a detailed journal but do ask you to pop in here once in awhile as the grow progresses and share some pictures and details about how the grow is going. I give them away going down the list.

Fast Buds Lemon Pie X RBI Purple Scoops to be test driven by PioneerValleyOG

Lemon Pie Auto S1 X Blue Cheese Special
Lemon Pie Auto S1 X Straw Dog Auto
Bromar Auto
Lemon Pie Auto S1
Trizkit X Magic Cookies V 1.2
Strawberry Pie Auto X Purple Punch auto
Strawberry Pie Auto X Gorilla Cookies auto
Strawberry Pie Auto X Gorilla Squatch
Strawberry Pie Auto X Bruce Banner Auto
Strawberry Pie S1 Auto Fems
Strawberry Pie Auto X Sour Livers Auto

14 Likes

Don’t forget it’s daylight savings time today. Remember to set your timers and clocks forward 1 hour.

3 Likes

Those sound delicious!!!
I wish I had the room to pop some. lol

1 Like

A quick Sunday morning update on the HBMS auto. She is 16 days old today and at this point I will start to give serious thought as to when I’ll start treating her with the STS to reverse her. Her environment this morning is ideal after spraying the outside of her fabric pot with distilled water to add some humidity to the small tent. The seedlings, especially auto seedlings seem to really like the temperature and humidity in the mid 70s.

8 Likes

And although I do love the autos I have been known to grow some photo strains if they really excite me and recently the Cap Junky strain has my blood pumping faster then normal. I currently have four growing in my 4x4 tent and flipped them to flowering about 8-10 days ago. I let them stretch for about 10 days and then raise their skirts (lollipopping) and work to even out the canopy the best I can. I’m experimenting with this grow trying three different methods of training to see which they respond to the best. So evening out the canopy took some extra work. I’m all finished with the girls at this point. From here on out I will be feeding them, inspecting them, and with luck using all the yo-yos already hung in the tent. Here are a few pics.

The picture above shows the first three plants fully trimmed with the plant in the back right corner yet to be groomed.

And above are all four of the girls completely groomed and ready to make nuggets and colas.

Finally here are a few canopy pictures.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

17 Likes

You are seriously taking advantage of every square inch of that tent with those cap junkies, very nice.

And I’ve grown the lemon pie S1. It didn’t get huge, but I think that may be because it has some difficulties early in life. Once it got itself sorted it grew fine, and the weed was pretty tasty sweet lemon.

3 Likes

A buddy of mine on here sent me Double Grape breeder seeds from Mephisto. I turned them into 2k+ seeds and sent him half. I would guess he shared them with Corey and they are from the same batch donated to the auction.

4 Likes

Thank you very much my new friend!

3 Likes

Well @LedZeppelin pick one of those FastBuds crosses from that list up above and do them your way. Strawberry Pie X Gorilla Cookies could be amazing!

3 Likes

You probably wouldn’t want to use S1 seeds for breeding purposes anyway. And most of these are crosses.

2 Likes

Quick update time on the HBMS plant on day 18 post sprout. She is looking like she will be a short, squat plant from what I’m seeing. I’ve not grown this strain before to know for sure. But I have been surprised in the past when a plant suddenly takes off towards the light. I am considering brushing the STS on to the branch I reverse as opposed to spraying it on trying to avoid overspray. Here she is in photos taken this morning.

7 Likes

About 7 years ago I was walking the pups up in the woods behind my house when I spotted this plant. I thought it was really unusual and quite pretty so I went back later and dug it up and relocated it into one of my gardens by the deck. It appears each spring and lasts till the temperatures get hot and she gets hit with some afternoon sun at which point she dies off only to appear the next spring. Anyone have a clue what species it is?

6 Likes

I think it’s a Trillium plant but not positive.

7 Likes

The website plant.id thinks it is Trillium sessile as well. :+1:

5 Likes