The most Spellbinding-Inspiring-Rousing-Interactive & Fun Autoflower Plant and Seed Journal 2023

Ahhhh, thank you very much for that. I think I know where there is another small one back in the woods and I have though about relocating it in a real shady part of the yard and see if it lives longer then this one.

3 Likes

You know, I saw the thread title, and then your icon, and I said to myself, I said, self, thatā€™s @LoveDaAutos.
And it occurred to me, that although we are of the same ocean, we are different species.
Iā€™ve always been an outdoor grower, kind of enjoyed the simplicity of the art.
Indoor growing, what I observe to be the core of auto strains, is an art just as beautiful.
Yet the two things Iā€™ve always lacked as a grower, the funds and the brains to become a proficient indoor grower.
I am an artist as well, first time revealing this on OG. Hereā€™s one of my paintings, an oil, limited palette, b & w from a photo.

So Iā€™m like a right side of the brain guy, or left, I forget plus Iā€™m high. And thatā€™s why I am in awe of the inside tent grow.
Itā€™s art can be astronomically technical, and so.

I find myself at a dichomatic position with you. I kinda feel like Rocky, to Apollo Creed. Apollo far more technical, strong, better looking, oh and he did knock Rocky out.

But they both wore gloves and fought the fight. Iā€™m stuck trying to make my name growing big ass buds outdoors, watching you excel at what you do indoors.
I just want you to know, Iā€™m watching, learning, and a fan.

8 Likes

I donā€™t know whether to cry or flatten you with two jabs and an uppercut! :joy: Seriously thank you for the kind words. Please do follow along, the more the merrier as I see it. And the more sharing of knowledge the better we all become in the garden.

9 Likes

Yup, thatā€™s a wood lily, or what we call Lil Sweet Betsy. Nice transplant. Put them up there with Jack in the Pulpit and other cool woods plants.
A blessing.

4 Likes

Ha Ha Ha, youā€™re gonna make me work for my dollar @LedZeppelin :upside_down_face:

I scarified the HBMS seed really well and dropped it into a shot glass of tepid water with a drop of 3% peroxide and sat it on a seedling heating pad. Next day it had a taproot starting so I put it into a moist paper towel in a ziploc baggie for 24 hours then planted it into the pre-moistened Fox Farm Ocean Forest. I lay the taproot horizontal in more of a trench then a hole and cover it with the soil. Sprouted in two days. I keep a solo cup over top of the seedling for two days before I remove it.

6 Likes

Settin up camp in here :metal:
Interested in autos & your sts projects.
Donā€™t mind the mess :laughing:

7 Likes

I donā€™t mind messes as long as there is a pathway open to walk through. Glad to have you here.

4 Likes

Hey man, loving this thread, loving those autos, and loving that ludicrous internodal spacing on the HBMS. Great username too!

@PioneerValleyOG love that painting, even if this isnā€™t your thread. Way to make those details shine!

Pleaso post more pics because I canā€™t get enough.

3 Likes

Sheā€™s beautiful.

2 Likes

This is a great thread. I will certainly be keeping an eye on it, as I am keen to earn more abut autos. Very informative!!

2 Likes

Time for an update for today which is day 20 from sprout. The plant is doing quite well, nice and healthy so far. The humidity in the tent this morning was a good bit lower then I like so Iā€™ll work on that. The RH here today is extremely low with a beautiful cloudless blue sky. Here are a couple photos taken moments ago.

Her color is good. Yesterday was her first full pot feeding, she was fed 1 gallon of well water with 4 grams of Mega Crop and 3ml of Cal-Mag along with 2ml of Orca liquid mycorrhizae . I watered that in on the outside of her canopy and out to the edge of the pot. This is to encourage the roots to grow outward towards the edge of the pot. Bigger roots = bigger plants is the old saying. More in the next post.

5 Likes

I was looking closely at this plant this morning and as we were talking she mentioned to me she felt like she wanted to be topped and I agreed with her. Sheā€™s looking like sheā€™s wanting to be a shorter bushy girl and being in a 5 gallon pot I think I have plenty of time before she starts flowering to top her. Iā€™ve also selected the branch I will be treating on this plant. Normally I treat a branch on the first node, the bottom branch but on this plant that branch is lagging behind. So I moved up a node and selected a nice branch on the second node pictured here pushing out of the left side of the plantā€¦

8 Likes

And now the question of topping. Iā€™m pretty sure al of you know how and where to top a plant but in the event someone doesnā€™t hopefully this will prove helpful. Iā€™m making multiple posts so that you can click on the photos and enlarge them to see closer detail.

Before I top a plant I ALWAYS clean my scissors in alcohol and let them dry. I donā€™t want to contaminate the plant needlessly. But being honest I usually reach down with my fingertips and pinch the top off. :wink: In this photo Iā€™ve tried to show where I am topping this plant. Hopefully you can see it well.

9 Likes

And finally here is a photo post topping showing where I topped and to the right and left of it the new growth tips that will now split and become the two new main branches of this plant. This will encourage the lower branches to push upwards toward the canopy. The area in question is right in front of my fingertip in this picture.

8 Likes

Iā€™m feeling like if I were going to be treating this plant with Colloidal Silver I would be starting in another few days, maybe this upcoming Monday. But I believe I am going to experiment with STS and be brushing it on with a small artistā€™s paintbrush as opposed to spraying it onto the branch. I want to reduce overspray and see how well the pollen sacks are produced with the brushing method.

So coming up in one of my next installments I will be providing yaā€™ll with a list of what you need to do an STS reversal of a female cannabis plant to make your own seeds. This will include mixing instructions and storage instructions.

You guys have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping in.

9 Likes

Iā€™m really enjoying your thread. Iā€™ve grown a few autos and hope to one day produce some seeds. Thanks for all the good information :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy growing

4 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome. If it helps some growers that will make me happy.

5 Likes

Saw ur post on the docs thread and came right over! Hahaha

Man If u need some testers Iā€™ll pop some for ya!
Only catch is I need about 2-3 weeks to chop down my currents to make some room for ur babies! Autos are always my fun throw water and forget about a week at a time grows haha. Question is, which rabbit hole shall we go down to peek in? Gotta be some on that list u have as ur top ones to check out!

For your STS I think ur right at the point to start ur treatments, gonna take 2 weeks for pollen sacks to form and about another week to open so doing it today u would have dust starting to fly in 3 weeks and would put ur plant at 6 weeks halfway through itā€™s cycle, I waited till 4 and a half to 5 weeks and put the project a lil behind and not to itā€™s full potential cuz plants were starting to finish up before pollen was flying. I did my treatments every 4-5 days for a total of 3 and protected soil with a towel till it was dry and put them in lights out for the treatments till dry

4 Likes

Just an FYI, alcohol is great for cleaning resin off of scissors, but not so great when preventing the spread viroids like HpLVd. A 30 second soak in a 10% bleach solution is better, particularly if you plan to top another plant afterwards.

8 Likes

The Journal is great. Thanks! But man I absofrickinlutely love the title!!! :+1:
If that thread title doesnā€™t catch your eye - Iā€™m not sure anything will. Iā€™m pulling up a chair, I appreciate you sharing!

6 Likes