The Not Thread Worthy Super Thread

Here’s another question for hydro growers.

Right now I’m running 3 gallon ebb n flow buckets. My baskets are like 10 inches across. Now that I’m cleaning these things out, this a bunch of bullshit and a lot of work.

If the 3 gallon buckets fills up with a giant plug of roots anyway, would it make a difference to get a much smaller basket lid. Like a 6in?

VS.

That’s a long time to hold your breath…

1 Like

Smaller basket will likely just mean more of the roots in the bucket :man_shrugging:

1 Like

And way less hydroton to clean at the end of the show. Right? Riiiiight?

1 Like

I use a 6" basket on a 5gal bucket. Works well for me.

2 Likes

@MrWizard are you ebb n flow or RDWC?

I had some prematurely flower this year due to heat stress they did not reveg

2 Likes

I have transplanted over 50 autos successfully. Right at about 10-14 days from starter pots

2 Likes

RDWC

2 Likes

So let’s talk a little bit about plant spacing. I have an 18 site ebb n flow bucket system. I’m messing around with it in my space and the configuration is going to be a rectangle of 3 x 6.

Last run I smashed all 18 buckets into a 4x7 foot print. Luckily I only had 5 plants survive because they were cramped.

How much space do you leave between your buckets when you have to commit to spacing before you even pop your seeds?

Hey. What’s up guys? What are y’all using for timers right now. I’ve had 3 mechanical timers shit out on me in the past 2 months and need to replace them.

1 Like

That sucks. I use them exclusively. I do have a new AC Infinity controller, but I haven’t set it up yet. Do you know how they failed?

1 Like

One quit on my lights. The dial would spin but wouldnt click on when it reached the depressed tabs.

This most recent one was on my fill pump the dial just quit spinning. But when I manually twisted it to the proper setting it tripped as it was supposed to and the pump came on.

1 Like

It’s weird because I’ve never had problems with this style of timer. I wonder if it’s a particular brand.

1 Like

On my last grow, I had a GG and a GDP back in the room and it seemed liked they were taking a long time to finish. They were healthy, but we had grown them before and they usually finished around 9-10 weeks. Anyway, while I’m cutting stems off of the GDP, the lights go out on me. I thought we had lost power, but when I checked the timer, some of the tabs were depressed. I realized that when I had set the timer, my fingers had inadvertently pushed some of the tabs down. My lights were coming on for a few hours, going out for a few hours and coming back on. It had been doing that the whole grow and I didn’t know it until it was time to chop them. What an idiot.

1 Like

Here are the ones I use. So far, so good:

Amazon.com: BN-LINK 24 Hour Plug-in Mechanical Timer Grounded for Aquarium, Grow Light, Hydroponics, Indoor Lighting, Home Appliances, ETL Listed 125VAC, 60 Hz, 1875W, 15A, 1/2HP (1 Pack) : Pet Supplies

1 Like

Haha. I’ve definitely done that before. I thought I solved that problem by getting everything attached to the wall. Last grow I just had a tangle of cords and timers laying around. Now I gots new problems.

1 Like

The sun blasters are the ones that have been crapping out on me. What ever style they are. I’m pretty sure there are several companies that have their branding put on this style.

1 Like

I use Noma digitals.

1 Like

I got rid of the sunblaster on the left. It was being way problematic and plugged into the blue one above. I actually think it’s the same one @Coda posted just rebranded as AP.

I went to Lowe’s today and their timers looked like they would junk out after a week or two and only worked in 30 minute increments.

1 Like