The “PREPPERS CORNER”

I have a field of them normally around my creek edge.

4 Likes

A Fiddlehead IS a fern. In fact, the ONLY edible Fern. With the early Spring Weather, they’re about ready to pop in my area. Probably up in Southern Maine.

3 Likes

It’ll be a month or so here yet

1 Like

Strictly medicinal seeds still has veggie seeds in stock for anybody having problems finding them. Great people small family run farm. Great selection of medicinal hard to find plants also, I’ve gone threw them for many years and always have great germ rates.

3 Likes

I was advised to boil them al dente then pan fry them in butter

1 Like

Unfortuntately McCain has it right: A supply shortage. Where is most of our food grown? In California and what used to be the prairies. California is in serious drought mode and the middle states in serious heat. Science saying we might have passed the tipping point already. If so, then we can expect more and stronger versions into the future. Our atmosphere which we take for granted, is a little more delicate than most of us realized. If you have good water and some land in decent climate above flood level, you’re in. Learn to grow food as well as grass. I’m adding 100 gallons of storage every year.

2 Likes

The way things are going, I am thinking the same thing, find somewhere a thousand meters above sea level with land to grow, and a wind turbine, and solar power, maybe hydro as well if there is a river close bye. A few chickens and goats for eggs and cheese, being vegetarian I don’t need meat. Thinking of starting growing micro greens atm salad and veg is rocketing in price for organic produce.

4 Likes

We started by buying some acres with 2 streams running thru it. And everyday we work towards being self supported. From our own meat and food production, to electric production, rely on nothing from any public utilities.
Learn the skills to troubleshoot and fix all kinds of things.
We are living it…never realized it, But I guess we are preppers. BUT, to me, its really about not relying on society for anything. Except for what they dispose of…because that is still our number one source for materials. (Building, appliances, etc)
Nor am I what you would call a tree lover, or “green”…yet I live a far “greener” life with my 5000 square foot house, built from the trash…ie everything is recovered from trash somewhere) than 99% of anyone who claims to be green, with their electric cars and tiny house built from.new materials.

4 Likes

Congrats on making your idea/dream real. I did something similar years back when we didn’t have a clue what to do. We didn’t last long on the side of a ridge with a tiny spring. Learned a lot though. I’m not against being involved in a society of open minded people looking to create a sustainable future. 5000 sq foot house? That’s huge! And a lot to maintain. But if it’s working for you, as the Aussies say, “Good on you mate.”

2 Likes

Thats the irony of it… the people who claim to be “green” yet refuse to give up the luxuries that they fight against. Their typical response is “but we are part of society so its un avoidable”

4 Likes

5000 square feet is pretty big, BUT we live as an extended family with our daughter and son in law on the other side. Put a wall down the center, so really only 2500 per side…and its allot to maintain, period. Thankfully its a family thing :+1: they followed me blindly, and well, so far, so good :+1:

4 Likes

I just started signing for 8 acres :sweat_smile: for me myself & I :man_facepalming: so I’ll be pestering you @MysteryMoog … I aim to have proper high water pressure at the tap & no 5 minute wait for heat! :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Shoot me a PM, I’ll send you my number we can text :+1: be more than happy to help with what I can :+1:

3 Likes

So. I am aiming to have solar, wind, + gas/propane(?) generator(maybe make biogas even?), rain catchment, 3000gal storage, on-demand hot-water with excellent delivery, etc.

Facilities for 1+ dude. :neutral_face:

What can/can’t be done? What should/shouldn’t be done?
What equipment/etc. could you have skipped or gone “bigger” with?

Can water delivery be made more energy efficient with parallel or sequential pumps/valves?
:man_shrugging:

All the off-grid places I’ve seen have horrible plumbing & scary unsafe foundations. :man_facepalming:

Batteries & storage. :zap: Are a lead-acid car batteries suitable for camping & initial solar stuff?

Thanks in adv.

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

My wife showed me some of my Facebook posts from 2010. It was like reading something written by nostradamus…talks of government control, forced vaccines, propaganda out the asshole. So all those bitches that were calling me crazy back then can go get another covid shot.

We have been preparing for a SHTF scenario for the last couple years. US elections in November are probably not gonna happen. They’ll probably just start a nuclear war and keep the same shitshow moving.

Anyone have any useful tips or good ideas for bartering items?
Lighters
Weed
Cigarettes
Alcohol
Food
Water
Are probably the best for bartering…anything else?

3 Likes

I mean wow. What kind of weed are you smoking? I need some of that. Lol. Just kidding man.

3 Likes

I wish I knew more about bicycles and how to fix them. Will be a main mode of transport after an EMP attack.

2 Likes

You need an ammo press.

3 Likes

Here in Canada not many folks have firearms…so I don’t think I’ll need too much more ammo. Enough to snack on some rabbits and stuff…not so much home defense…but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Not sure how long they would keep the grid down…but I’m sure our household would be okay for 6ish months.

2 Likes

Ammo is a good currency as well, good for bartering. Also helps with the whole peace through superior firepower thing if every thing has gone to shit.

2 Likes