The Quest For Mothball Terps

Hello everyone! Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I have searched and couldn’t find anything. I have been looking for something with loud Mothball aroma for the better part of 10 years. The closest I have come was a cut that I held in CO in 2012ish era that came to me helpfully labeled as “Chem”. It certainly wasn’t the D or the 91, as I have grown those subsequently. It looked closer to the 4 in structure.
I would very much appreciate if anyone has any leads or recommendations as to anything they’ve ran that has mothball aroma up front. Something about these terps seem to really jive with my body chemistry. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I’ll be interested to see what turns up, I’m curious about this as well.

1 Like

There used to be a guy on strainy call socalseedvault and he had a strain call chocolate moth man.

Dude said the mom had a real nasty mothball smell that he liked but his wife hated. I think he’s got a website but not sure if that strains still available.

3 Likes

I actually ran a few of those… they were all slow growing mutants, and the two females I had hermed at ~3 weeks so they met the wood stove.

3 Likes

So I know @LunarLeaf had/has been getting some heavy mothball smells in their 1996 seed grow (1996 seeds - Got 2 to germinate)
Definitely worth popping over there just to read all the descriptions of funky sour mothballs :rofl:

6 Likes

Cool, thanks! I will check that out. Sounds like a fun thread.

1 Like

If the mothball terps in these 1996 stuff comes out in these f2’s I made I’d be happy to share some

5 Likes

Thank you for that kind offer! I would be over the moon if that was the case. Super cool thread/project you have going on over there. I’m sure the whole community appreciates your work!

1 Like

i’ve only had that on unnamed ‘chemdawg’ and also some really nice hindu kush. the dog was way stronger smelling.

2 Likes

That’s interesting that you found those terps on a “chemdawg” cut as well. I’m almost certain that the cut I was referring to came as “chemdawg” not Dog, as well. I was not taking photos at that point, unfortunately.

1 Like

yes, the vac pack was labeled ‘chemdawg’. it was really nice.

1 Like

I had a freebie from exotic genetix once called “Musty Buffalo”

Absolute mothball terps, to the point i could barely smoke it after a while. It was pretty potent if i recall. It was an easy grow and she produced an above average yield

2 Likes

This pheno I have of booty (pirate sweat x 88g13hashplant) is all gas and mothballs

1 Like

Lime peel, chem fuel and cherry cola in the front with earthy chem funk, moth balls and subtle skunk
undertones.

I grew 1 NL5000 from CSI last year and it stank like mothballs and bad breath. It was a freebie and I plan on buying more because it was so good.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Hey I looked and I still have 2 of those musty buffalo beans. They’re fem. If you want them they’re yours dude just shoot me a message.

I haven’t had any issues growing his gear before and I do have a pack of that chocolate mothman, so I may run them to see how it is outdoors. You have me worried about them now lol