The quest for unicorn gold!

The first image is a good one, the second image is a shit one. Those are both day 37.

6 Likes

Large head/short stalk what yields well?

1 Like

Obviously also just sheer number of heads as well…

1 Like

I’ll be testing the cap size theory soon here, but I haven’t seen any convincing evidence for that so far. Also I haven’t seen any evidence that the stalk height has any effect. c99 had some of the tallest at 1300 microns! GOG will have the widest at 184 microns. Big bud, the best producer has about 150micron caps.

3 Likes

You can see why using a leaf is a bad idea. The trichome to plant material ratio isn’t a good one.

5 Likes

This one was pretty decent! I think it was 2%. The trichomes are almost touching, with barely any surface area of the bud visible.

10 Likes

A Shitty photo but this was a decent one at like 1.8 percent.

6 Likes

Can you see the pattern? The ones with the trichomes that are almost overlapping caps are the best. The ones with huge gaps between the caps are not so good. Big spaces between the trichomes that’s a terrible sign.

11 Likes

Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be making the automania hash! Then pressing automania rosin. heh heh! I’m getting the ice ready today. I’ll weigh the sack and make my prediction on the yield before I make it. I had wild ass guess without knowing the weight of 10 grams. I’ll get a better estimate when I actually know the weight I’m working with.

5 Likes

Very cool! I absolutely love watching/reading about your progression and always look forward to learning more from you, thanks for all the hard work sensei Joe!

3 Likes

hah hah fuck me, I’ve been busy! Getting fire wood. I still haven’t weighed the material! I had someone over and I was explaining the hash yield phenomenon to him. I’m not sure he got it because he was asking if there was “another way” to make the bubble hash to increase yields. Also he said people claimed “you can’t get all the trichomes off the bud”. I said I actually had photographic evidence that proves otherwise.

4 Likes

Yah there’s like 400 grams of plant material. Since that aligns with my original estimate I’ll still go with 10 grams. ha hah time to make sure there’s enough ice.

3 Likes

Would that be an indication that defoliation resulting in many extra sugar leafs and less buds in colas is not great ?

I also hear the quality of the contents of the caps on leafs is of lower quality also , compared to the caps on buds

Maybe something to consider befor striping them fan leafs lol ?

: )

1 Like

Yeoo Joe!
How many bags of ice would you think for 2lbs…Fresh frozen of course !
…you bury that drill right to the bottom or let the vortex take control ?
I have been using a cake mixer as well

1 Like

Does unicorn poop count ?

I was just recently asked to grow a unicorn poop cross

1 Like

I’d go with 8 trays of ice minimum and 12 max.

Perhaps, but anything to do with putting a leaf in your hash material results in additional contamination, so it’s never a benefit!

You have a magnifying or macro shot of your buds? I’m growing meat breath, and it’s decent.

5 Likes

Here’s how I know it’s dry. Nuggets crumble into powder when I press on them with the spoon.

14 Likes

Oh I forgot to mention. Any image with the spoon and the micron screen underneath are taken in the freezer. I only take it out to rip it. Some maniacs have a portable cooler they pack around to keep the concentrates spiffy and fresh. Guess I’m not that hardcore… hah hah yet.

5 Likes

So your hash lives in the freezer right up until it’s smoked?

1 Like

Definitely taking most dabs straight from the freezer. I give it a tiny bit of warm up time by using my hands to warm it up before I rip it. Got to keep those volatile organics from evaporating! It’s a unique experience.

6 Likes