The quest for unicorn gold!

Last round I did, it went into the freezer. I left it for about 5 days but I ran out of hash so started into it. It was still sizzling so obviously I jumped the gun and it wasn’t dry. Didn’t have that nice sand texture yours has. How long in the freezer till yours gets that sandy texture?

2 Likes

I made that batch 12 days ago. Usually if I spin it really hard I can get it dried in 7! There were dried smaller bits, but not those larger ones. They take longer to dry in the freezer.

2 Likes

Ok, sounds good, I’m determined to get my hash to a product that looks something similar to yours! :grin:

I gotta ask, what’s the spin part? I’ve haven’t heard of that one yet? How do you spin dry?

1 Like

I take my hash bag with the hash in it and I spin it around and around until most of the water is gone. I can get it really dry if I’m feeling strong. If I set up a simple machine I could spin it way faster and get it dried out faster too.

6 Likes

That sounds like a first rate Redneck engineering project…
I can just imagine the results on YT… :sweat_smile: :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I was given a portable spin dryer ( plug in )

You could also make something cool with half a bicycle

Or even a special attachment to a drill etc etc

I’m surprised bubbleman hasn’t brought out a portable twin tub ( washer and spin drier ) they are available to buy for caravans etc

: )

2 Likes

I’ll keep thinking of the spin drying project. I’ll see how others have made spinners to do different things. I was thinking just some pulleys and axles! I’m not sure that anyone else in the hash making world has considered drying the hash with acceleration. I wonder just how dry I could get it?

2 Likes

I see they are called “spin dryers” and there are so many DIY plans! I’ll start perusing.

4 Likes

Ya they use them for the tiny houses, can houses etc. there’s some neat side by sides I’ve seen people make that literally tuck away into a corner. Pretty awesome tbch

1 Like

lol, in my mind I’m already tossing my hash bag into a home made spinner that’s driven by a rope. Then going nuts with it.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you come up with. As soon as I finish the projects I have on the go I’m creating a little hash making area. I’m bound and determined. And it’s 100% cuz of you

4 Likes

If you can crank off some live extracts, that’s competition level product! The irony is I was just teaching some dude how to make live extracts. So like people who aren’t in the industry are making this brown turd hash, but everyone I know in the industry makes live extracts. There’s a huge fucking gap there. I’m 100 percent certain that anyone who wants to make prize winning live extracts can do it with just a little practice.

7 Likes

Man I hope so! I miss having bubble, it’s almost all I blazed for a few years after I tried my first! Sooooo good when done right, terpy, fire and so much simpler than joints! As always I appreciate everything you share with us!! Always listening, learning waiting for the day. Now I’ve got a washer (still gotta replace the corrugated hose) new bags etc. it’s ON!

2 Likes

Alright! What I’ve determined is that people are just using a motor to spin shit. I’ve got just the thing. It’s called a variable speed drill! I bet… that thing can really spin. So for testing purposes I can get the drill, tie the bag drawstring on there and fucking hit the gas. Anyways, that’s what I’m leaning towards. Drill powered hash drying.

4 Likes

But with a bubble bag. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I loved tetherball! Kids these days are missing out I tell ya!

3 Likes

Right!
Could totally run that tetherball game back in the day.

1 Like

Hell yes me too! I was 6” tall by grade 6-7 so I used to ruin people! Haha this brought back mad memories

3 Likes

And I’m outta likes :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Were they worried about stepping on you?

4 Likes