The REAL "Skunk" I WAS THERE

I actually came across that article from Todd McCormick after a completely offhand conversation about Skunk #1. I had emailed him a week or two ago to discuss Heime Cheeba’s RKS and his impressions of it to settle a dispute on another forum. I mentioned that I was growing out this 1979 Grandfather Skunk to make F2s and I copy/pasted the back story I received from the guy who gave me seeds.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, Todd completely destroyed the back story I was given, so now I’m left wondering what exactly is in my tent here. I don’t want to deceive anyone so I’ll be sure to mention it in my grow log also.

Todd continues to defend Dave. He has known him for 28 years and it is his opinion that Dave is probably one of the most underappreciated true visionaries of the field. This is very common throughout history as facts and stories are discovered over time.

Things I learned from Todd:

• Dave created Skunk #1 between 1972 and 1975 and released in 1976.
  • There was no physical Sacred Seeds store
  • He lived in Santa Cruz, not ever in Mendocino
  • He has been married to the same woman for 52 years and in 71/72 “hitchhiked across Europe from London to Morocco, then from Morocco up to Germany, then Germany all the way across the Hindu Kush mountains to India, where he collected genetics and lived for a year”.
  • He was never raided by the DEA in 1981, and to Todd’s knowledge, was never raided by DEA period.
  • He did not leave for Amsterdam until 1985.

I know people have their beefs from wherever or whoever or however, but I have always found Todd to present as truthful and he has been a great advocate for Cannabis over the decades.

These guys may all have their business deals and schemes, but sometimes there’s just too much drama being heaped on top of the facts and it muddies up the water until nobody can see the truth.

8 Likes