The REAL "Skunk" I WAS THERE

Wow… wait a minute…

I thought montreals kimo and ubc chemo were 2 different things?

I have no idea what 'Montreal Kimo" is.
What I do know is that Sandy received the chemo clones from a student of the plant sciences at UBC. I can’t remember his name but he was also an Outlaw and he was from the US on a student visa. Before he left for home after his courses were complete he came over to Sandy’s place and had a take out drink tray with 4 clones in styro cups. That took place in Strawberry Hill , which is a heritage area on the Surrey/North Delta border in the BC lowermainland. About an hour drive from UBC.
Sandy was a long grey bearded biker who rode a jockey shift old school home built harley, he had a huge doberman named Kato and he was a simple man who didn’t fuck around. He couldn’t spell for the life of him LOL So when he wrote out his plant tags he labelled the chemo tags with a “K”. I asked him what the K stood for and I clearly recall his sharp glance and him saying “what the fuck else would it be… it’s the Kimo”. So chemo was tagged with a K from that day on.
In the mid to late 90’s my mentor began to develop a bad addiction problem and he became very unpredictable and dangerous to be around. Those guys were pretty hardcore so I kinda distanced myself and my connections to the chemo/kimo clones.
There was a guy named Remo that did work with the plant apparently but this I learned from the internet. I didn’t join the online weed community until 2015 so I missed a lot.
But,… I have a sharp memory and recall of my weed growing years though exact years and dates escape me sometimes.
On the Skunk… I am going to have a sit down with my uncle next time I head down to the coast. He grew the skunk in it’s glory years and will have all the answers I might seek on how those plants were being fed and in what medium. Could be a while but I’ll try and report back.

19 Likes

I posted that at ic when I saw it…can’t find it there now but found the original post:

2 Likes

Im saying that I saw my friend and my step dad grow it and I know for a fact what they did for nutrients and that wasn’t the answer. It was the genetics. Unless you think indoors in soil bought from a hardware store and miracle grow were the secret :laughing:. Or outdoors in cornfields in Indiana with no added inputs. Give it a go and tell us how it works. Both produced strong skunk flowers.

Simply put from my experience, it was the genetics that made the skunk smell and not a special food or medium.

11 Likes

Thank you for the pieces of history good sir.

Just to go full circle with the mtl kimo, it’s not the same as ubc chemo…

Story goes that a bc dude came through a mtl shop in the 90s and left a half dead clone saying this is chemo/kimo, tend to it, I’ll come back and never came back…

It’s catpiss sour sap honey, grows a tad taller and more slender than the ubc. Up until the early 2010s it was everywhere, then started disappearing. The cut in on lockdown now for some reason…

16 Likes

The persistent “exhaust” trails coming out of the airplanes changed in the early 2000 era. I think the mix changed and has everything to do with it. How do a hundred famous plant phenos and loud terps just vanish? Gone suddenly all of them. Question, what plant does the “gov”, big oil/pharma, big cotton ,big paper, big everything hate the most? Well it’s cannabis of course. Change the air you can change the plant and the consumers. The sun is now white as well that also makes a difference. I know I sound crazy.

4 Likes

Prenylthiol
Back before all the fancy nutrients were available there were people who wanted to make there own organic liquid fertilizer , at home gardening books often contained at home recipes for various mixes and compost teas. It was common practice to let old beer sit out in the sun and then use it in compost tea with worm casting, molasses and guano.
Brewers yeast will make Prenylthiol, you need to grow Afghans mixed with columbians and feed them in the above matter.
Thank me later, I find nobody discussing this old practice and I promise it was huge in at home organic gardening, ive also been told bikers drink a tad bit of beer.
Maybe I’m wrong , I was going to just sit on the thought because it’s one of many , but it’s one that is being left out.
If you bring skunk back and get rich I’ll happily except a small yurt and a spot as your head grower :grin:
Prenylthiol has a low relative molecular mass and is sufficiently lipophilic to be absorbed.

:skunk:

13 Likes

Man, I need to pick up an organic chemistry book…

5 Likes

makes me wish I took chemistry instead of calculus in highschool :sweat_smile:

1 Like

"Japanese physicist Dr. Kei Mori exposed plant life to two of the conditions of the original world ecology -before the Great Flood.

He grew tomato plants under a plastic dome which filtered the ultraviolet rays; and he increased the carbon-dioxide.

After two years, a cherry tomato plant was 16 feet tall, with 903 tomatoes on it. After six years, the same tomato plant was over 30 feet tall and had produced over 5,000 tomatoes."

7 Likes

I’m a Fat Earther myself
50e93790a76f29cf79d18bcf618a6b837531b756d61d4ab33355604876f841a0

11 Likes

20230104_224337

5 Likes

To make things even more interesting heavy metals particularly cadmium have a direct effect on what is being discussed in the link I posted above about thiol production in plants and here is something related to that…

5 Likes

Slap a dirty beanie on that guy and some blue jeans and he could be my stunt double.

3 Likes

So last night I barely slept… I kept thinking about your last post, so i started reading stuff and connecting seemingly unrelated studies and papers.

Heavy metals, ph, enzymes etc

And I think I figured something out.

:+1:

6 Likes

I realy think the majority of the issue is genetic and people need to make first generation hybrids with Afghans and South American/Mexican plants. People keep looking for skunk in seeds that are many generations down the line and every breeding re arranges genes and some are lost. This is why some breeders keep specific makes and females to breed with vs reproducing the line from seed every time. There are benefits to both methods but when crossing two unrelated line to achieve hybrid vigor there offspring will often be much different then there offsprings offspring. Stable lines take years to breed and test and even then things randomly pop up or disappear forcing you to take a step back or even several.

9 Likes

This has to be the most truthful statement and most hilarious thing I ever read, I think you’re right about royalties.

Hopefully the SK1 task force don’t kick in my door and confiscate my Red Devil lol But I did just find a strong Afghanica phenotype, hardly can tell it has SK1 in it.

Definitely master breeder was found in my Red Devil seeds

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:article:7926058951976676054

5 Likes

Link broken.

Did Watson from Watsonville really say this? Doesn’t sound like him, too straight to the point, not pompous enough.

2 Likes

It sounds like his ego to assume that because he has done that that it would be in everything , I’m sorry but there are plenty of lines that have nothing to do with him or his genetics and he hates it.
Keep landraces alive and be weary of what you mix into your lines , it’s only a matter of time before these fears become reality.

6 Likes

My post was a bit satirical… I did sleep, and did read though.

I do understand these breeding realities… but for the life of me I can’t accept that for now going on 3 decades, people have been crossing anything and everything - some quite large scale - and not a soul managed to find/create a skunk line or even a clone…

There is something to skunk.

Even Tom said “I’ve never seen anything like it, it’s like the genotype doesn’t want to exist”

I popped 2000 afghans some time back and good lord, I found just about every smell. From every fruits to chemicals to foods, if slapping a round butt had a smell it was there. Still no skunk 🥲

11 Likes