The relieving lair

I forgot to share some of the information… Along with the STS, i add polysorbate as a humectant. My atomizer is a kitchen cleaner spray. It foams instead of spraying, so it is easier to apply only to the knots, not the leaves.

1 Like

I just stuck a branch out and sprayed it all. Buds and leaves on two plants. There seemed to be no reaction at all. The leaves and everything actually looked better than unsprayed branches.

I did add a couple drops of Blue Dawn dish soap to the STS so it stuck to the leaves better but that didn’t seem to help. Next time I’ll use a small plant and spray the whole thing starting at the flip. Should be taking cuttings soon so will use some of those to experiment with.

1 Like

The STS at the concentration that works for me, is phytotoxic, it burns the leaves. Better to just spray the internodes, its just as effective, and the shock to the plant is less.This is the recipe /instructions that i use:

Measuring and Mixing Stock Solution “A”

• Fill your 500ml measuring cup with 500ml of distilled water
  • Measure out .5g of Silver Nitrate
  • Mix the silver nitrate powder into the 500ml of distilled water
  • Pour the silver nitrate solution into a brown glass bottle and seal tightly
  • Label the bottle “A” Silver Nitrate
  • Thoroughly clean the 500ml container and rinse with distilled water

Measuring and Mixing Stock Solution “B”

• Fill the 500ml container with 500ml of distilled water
  • Measure out 2.5 grams of sodium thiosulfate anhydrous, OR 3.9g of sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate
  • Mix the sodium thiosulfate with the 500ml of distilled water
  • Pour the sodium thiosulfate solution into a brown glass bottle and seal it tightly
  • Label the bottle “B” Sodium Thiosulfate
  • Thoroughly clean the 500ml container and rinse with distilled water

Keep Both “A” and “B” Solutions Cool and Dark!

Mixing and Diluting STS
The next step is to mix the two stock solutions together properly, creating the actual Silver Thiosulfate Solution (STS).

Before using the STS, it must be diluted to a weak solution for spraying!

• Measure 50ml of stock solution “B” with the 60cc syringe and gently squirt it in the 500ml glass measure
  • Thoroughly rinse the syringe with distilled water, or change to a new syringe
  • Measure 50ml of stock solution “A” with the 60cc syringe
  • While whisking solution “B” in the glass measure, slowly squirt solution “A” into the glass measure in less than 30 seconds
  • Pour the mixed solution into the 32oz brown glass bottle with black sprayer top
  • Add 900ml of distilled water to fill the sprayer the rest of the way, leaving room for a little bit of surfactant
5 Likes

Tht’s the same instructions I have tho the wts for the chem are a little higher.

Mine says 0.8g of silver nitrate and 3.16g of the sodium thio anhydrous.

If anything I would expect it to have a stronger effect.

I think I just waited too long to begin spraying so as soon as I’m ready to start flowering here in a couple weeks I can try it on a few plants.

2 Likes

6 (3 males, 3 females) of my 26 Todd’s OHaze are plants with a different appearance, speed and growth pattern than the other 20. Ive read something similar to other ohaze growers, over the years, Nevil Schoenmakers (DEP ) was the first, if im remember well.
What i never read before, is automatic males in ohaze… Two of the 3 males began to flower at 18/6 stable. They have been hard weeks for all the plants (heat, mites, nematodes …) I think they began to bloom due to the big stress, and of course, X genetic predisposition. The 3 males are blooming outdoors since yesterday, the females have shown sex this morning, they are already next to the males. Im going to reproduce this pheno apart from the more “tropical” looking pheno.

6 Likes

Some updates after a while, better later than never haha

The last months ive been busy doing a small repro of big sur holy weed, and a small batch of hybrids to, hitting my ssh4 and lilly mums with the bshw males.

The five microtubes are the BSHW seeds that im gonna pop soon for pheno hunt

9 Likes

Look like im done with my broadmite problem, thanks to some n.californicus, so i can show you healthy plants, finally …
35 mrnice critical mass, from the auction. Not shure if thats the led light, or the poor quality coco that im using, but they almost can drink pure calmag.

Im finishing a CCC (chihuahua copper canyon 1990) seed run,and starting a breeding project. Im reversing cuts from my two destroyer mums, to pollen hit some of my keepers: mrnice super silver haze (2 phenos), super silver hashplant, super silver hashplant f2, destroyer (2 phenos) Lilly, big sur holy weed, Chihuahua copper canyon, panama74, demon latcher and space monkey.

Destroyers, first male parts just starting to show

7 Likes

critical mass, 27 days

5 Likes

Beautiful sight! :muscle:

1 Like

Thanks greandal :facepunch:

Sts destroyer 2 and destroyer 3

7 Likes

Seedsman ohaze x ohaze90

Cryptic Labs demon latcher

6 Likes

Oh my gosh Mike I cant believe I missed this thread. Super happy to see you have a thread going here…

Got this thread on notification now so I don’t miss a thing! Much love from Canada Mikey.

4 Likes

Thanks my friend ! nice to see you around :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

2 Destroyer phenos, pollinating super silver haze (2 phenos) super silver hashplant f1 & f2, destroyer (2 phenos) lilly and chihuahua copper canyon

7 Likes