The SensorPush Hygrometer

ive been using bluestacks with the gateway to get my temps, while its not best, its all i know.

I’m still around, just super busy lately.

I’ve upgraded all of my sensors to the high accuracy versions – I’m using the originals as backups and secondary data sources feeding the AI. At this point I have data saved every 5 minutes since the end of 2019.

I just finished drying the last harvest, but everything is still running and we’ll be resetting for a new run of testers in the next week or two.

Sorry I have PMs off on Twitch to avoid all the spam I was getting.

I am running a custom built system that manages all of my sensors and controllers (Sensorpush, Bluelab Guardian, AC Infinity, Trolmaster, Ecowitt, SmartThings, and LG.) It pulls data every 5 minutes and logs it to a local MongoDB that I then use to build the graphs for the stream and power the chatbot. Because of the volume (and duration) of the dataset I also have built an evolving ML model that is used to predict changes to the grow environment based on the upcoming weather forecast. This allows my bot to control nearly everything (heat, a/c, dehu, humidifier, exhaust fan settings, extra fans, etc) and adjust automatically. We recently added moisture sensors to the mix and have been logging that data as well, so once we get enough data we’ll be handling automatic drybacks on a per-zone basis with zero manual adjustments.

Lots of fun stuff and even more on the way. The new stream layout will be launching in the coming week or two, just finalizing a few more changes. (I now have both fiber and Starlink at the house powering things, so much higher quality is coming too.)

3 Likes

oh nice it runs in JSON. thats easy af!

thanks for that!

Love your automation

1 Like

Very cool, we should talk at some point!

4 Likes

HOLY SHIT BRO! how tf

next level stuff right there

1 Like

Spaghetti, at the moment.

Platform with some of the AI intent similar to what @SuperiorBuds noted.

2 Likes

Thanks for bumping this thread. I was waiting to get the pulse pro but the price is pretty hard to swallow for just one sensor. I wonder if sensor push plans on releasing something that can measure co2 in the future, that’d be nice.

I’m pretty sold on the more accurate version. I can get one at a time instead of having to drop so much money all at once. And the ability to add even more in the future if I ever do a dedicated drying area would be nice too. I have one cheapo amazon one for my entire room that I really don’t trust.

2 Likes

already asked this :stuck_out_tongue:

im sure if more people hit them up requesting this, we could see it sooner.

its obvious they know how their product is being used. c02 would make a big selling point

2 Likes

Was thinking about that this morning.

The OEM sensors themselves are still pretty pricey.

There are POE, wireless, and modbus based integrations out there but they remain relatively costly. Seeed has some CO2 sensors that are fairly inexpensive from what I recall … but may need some integration.

I had hacked up a couple of these that I purchased off Ebay for cheap dollars (modbus):

Humidity, temp, CO2 to 2K PPM. That company (SenseAir) also makes OEM modules that use the photo IR technique (non-chemical). I suspect over time well see the pricing drop and more new designs similar to what you are thinking.

2 Likes

My experience would confirm that the bud finishes with more fragrance if not dried too much in that phaze and is brought to target slowly.

Great thread

2 Likes

Received a couple of the newer version, here are my thoughts.

The new versions have some nice features and improvement. In this case I purchased a couple of the HT.xw which includes barometric pressure.

Battery replacement simplified

With the previous versions you would have to pry off the cover in order to replace the battery. In fact, they would deliver the units with the battery pre-installed because it’s a bit of PITA. This version includes an easily removable cover for battery replacement with the battery not-installed on delivery. Simple to install.

Original version on left. New version on right. Hook and loop tape is my addition.

Battery installation:

Sensing element waterproofing

The newer versions include a waterproofing membrane that covers the humidity sensing element.

Original version:

New version:

In addition, the location of the sensing element has also moved from the ‘back’ of the device to the front face.

The fit and finish has changed a bit with different plastics. The original version had a velvetized plastic covering with perhaps a bit more flexibility. The newer version is more of a hard plastic, appears a bit cheaper with non-smoothed and visible sprue/gate locations. This does not affect functionality but the fit and finished quality is reduced.

One of the first thing I’ve noted when pairing the new sensor with the application is the over-the-air update (OTA). There is also a small led under the plastic that indicates activity. I don’t recall having seen that with the original version. When looking at the sensor detail, I do not see any firmware version information. It appears the newer versions are firmware upgradeable with revision information available through the application.

The application also includes the new metrics/graphs for the barometric pressure for the HT.xw (which can be set for station or meteorological). This can be turned on/off.

Adding a new sensor to the collection is straight forward. It feels as though the pairing process is easier/quicker than with the prior versions.

The original version of the sensor retailed for $49 USD. The newer high accuracy version that includes barometric pressure retails for $89 USD. A mid range version with improved specs retails for $69 USD.

These are not the most inexpensive devices with a number of competitors in the market. In fact, relatively expensive. Though, the relative cost is recouped on the back-end along with the improved specifications. The available application is pretty nice (Android). Further, integrating these with a gateway allows for long-term and consistent storage of data in the cloud which can be viewed from anywhere that you have internet access (secured). Also, an API is provided allowing the integration with custom software for those looking to build automation software or those who’d like to integrate these with a UI such as NodeRed or HomeAssistant. And, the data logging is (currently) free (no subscription fee). This adds quite a bit of value.

Cloud dashboard example:

API interface example:

2 Likes

I have been using 3 of the HT.xw sensors, and the gateway,

I love the higher precision on humidity. Non Industrial Humidity instruments tend to have an accuracy of +/-3% and often worse, and they often test way beyond that in terms of error. Better accuracy is important to me.

The Android app works pretty good. The PC/web app is still beta and it shows.

I have worked in Industrial Instrumentation for most of my life, and I am well aware of the challenges with measuring (and controlling) humidity using way more expensive Industrial or Lab grade equipment. For the price, for our application, I think SensorPush is a great system.

1 Like