The Ultimate Catch-All Product

I’m still trying to figure the scale of this… :thinking:
How much flower would that last picture be representative of?

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I’m guessing ~2g if rosin, hmm. Good question indeed.

2 Likes

It was around 20-21g flower and got 5g or so of nice rosin out of it. Depending on the humidity/quality of the flower and the micron/temp/pressure/press time used will get different yields. CBD/CBG hemp flower and normal THC flower all press a little different. I usually get 15-26% yield depending on what I am pressing and what I am going for.

4 Likes

Ok, so I’ve made perfect golden snap oil using qwet method. First, freeze everything as cold as possible; 195 proof everclear alcohol, strainer, funnel, jar to filter into, coffee filters and your herb, I like using small intact nugs, like .1 or smaller. You need the most trichrome rich weed you can find. And wear the cheap stretchy gloves from the dollar store to minimize heat transfer.

Put your strainer, filter and little nugs into the strainer, put that on the funnel, into the jar, then slowly pour the alcohol over the nugs evenly. It’ll filter through faint yellow. If it starts going green stop, and remove the strainer so you get minimal chlorophyll. Then evaporate in a glass baking dish. Perfect golden snap. Like it was said earlier, most of the terpenes will be lost. It usually retains a light lemony pine scent. I like to do a second run of lower grade after I re-freeze my little nugs. Then let the buds dry and infuse it into butter or coconut oil for edibles. Waste not want not, right?

I need to experiment with a warm water wash first, it should pull most of the chlorophyll without touching cannabinoids. I started making bubble hash though and never got to trying it. On paper it should work though, just soak in room temp water for 24 hours before extracting.

2 Likes

That was my thought, but I think water washing loses a lot of terps? I may not know what I’m taking about.

Well the qwet already looses most of them, so my thinking is it should just remove easily soluble chlorophyll before you do. I just picked up a 750ml of 195 everclear, so this week I’ll probably try and do a side by side and compare. Keep an eye open for a thread, or remind me lol

2 Likes

If you do qwet, if you do it cold enough the waxes shouldn’t be extracted either. Shouldn’t have to, but after straining and filtering, you can winterized the solution by leaving it undisturbed in the freezer for two days. Any waxes will settle or congeal, so you can filter it using a doubled up coffee filter. If it’s wax free, you can even then dry it out completely to shatter, then remix with a terpene kit to make vape carts.

3 Likes