The WWYD Breeders Thread

Depends, I get some tall widely spaced lanky girls that go two weeks longer than the rest, but median is right around 80 days. Also, this is when pushed in hydro.

2 Likes

I didn’t make the cross, but I have been running this Herijuana x Blueberry for a few months.
Fruit and fuel. The smell is loud. The taste is amazing. The smoke left lingering in the room is very floral.

I found some seeds in a Banana Mango a few months ago that was pollinated by a Chocolate Skunk that hermed on me.
The giant wishbone in the middle is a Chocolate Skunk leaning pheno of that cross, the plant on the bottom right is a Herijuana x Blueberry, and the other 3 are Banana Mango leaning phenos of the BM x CS.
I do have plans of making some intentional crosses in the future, so I will definitely be following this thread.

5 Likes

I got a clutch of them from @Alaskagrown a long time ago and have taken them in a few different Sativa leaning directions and have several iterations of them. Some them were big plants for him as well IIRC.

I think his stock came from someone on breedbay?

3 Likes

That is very very cool. I have some crosses headed my way that include some @Alaskagrown blueberry. It will be very fun to see what they do! I do organic soil, so not the max power push you can get from hydro, but still gives me some excitement :grin::star_struck:

3 Likes

Welcome! Herjuana is one I’ve always wanted to try. I used to speak with a breeder on discord who worked with it a lot. I also feel like I’ve seen it pair to blueberry a fair amount…

2 Likes

I had more fun hunting through 100 of those than I have anything photo, elite, or from any breeder.

I think this one was planted with 12 plants in a 5 gallon with just hand watered coco, it outgrew fast photo males to the point that they were just catching up in size when it was well into flower. I assumed they were girls and was shocked when I flipped them. There’s actually two blueberry plants there, one is basically a big middle cola and is the size of one branch of the other plant. Give them lots of light and they should do great.

Lastly, iirc when he did that run he designated different girls and their traits. What I got was just a sack of blueberry, so I suspect I got a mix of the girls, or one girl mixed to several boys. I found smaller Christmas tree types, hybrid bush types, and the lanky one. The hybrid bushes have been outstanding and clog joints like few things I’ve smoked. A lot of the Christmas tree types were good but nothing special. The lanky Sativa types with straight blueberry sweetness. One in particular reminded someone of sweetooth. I’ve found that using the skunky and most pungent boys seems to work well. Have fun with them, and keep the weirdos.

Oh, and my point, you don’t need hydro to get nice plants! :joy::v:

3 Likes

Thank you! Agreed, I like my plants :slight_smile: but those monsters I see in hydro and outdoors are something else. Just awesome :heart_eyes::star_struck:
Like, I love my cat, but omg bobcats and mountain lions are cats in a league of their own :wink:

2 Likes

I get it, those giant outdoor bushes make me very happy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hey @Acro . I have never seen or grown a “Blueberry” plant. Make some seeds and we can haggle. 🥸

2 Likes

Pollen: Spritzer, Pure Michigan (may be too old), Blueberry Auto, White Truffle Freak (which I hereby rename Buttered Gorilla Freak), widow freak, BBM x VB

I don’t know if the world needs another Runtz cross (Spritzer x whatever), but somehow Runtz x Grape Pie x MAC ends up a zingy citrus Sativa leaner. I guess it’s a Mac leaner with some of that citrus Runtz and z strains can have, hitting blueberry muffin and Franco’s SLH with that might need to happen. Haze is often the dominant strain in hybrids, I bet there’d be some candied lemon goodness in them beans. Or, boooo Runtz?!

Bleh, I don’t care what y’all think, I’m making me some Super Lemonheadz! Did I mention I have 5+ teens of SLH ready to flip? Lemon Butter Freak? Oh, and I have a bunch of rooted Daywrecker. Diesel Daquiri (OD x Spritzer)… People will want to hate it, but they won’t be able to! :rofl:

Man, cereal milk makes me chatty, and is terble for sleep. Great for work in the garden. This S1 I grew tastes like toasty marshmallows with a touch of mint and kush, but it’s more like a strawberry cough kinda high. Haven’t grown one like this before, and I’ve grown a lot of them!

4 Likes

Made that pollen list and forgot one I have the most of and needs to be used soon. Mendo Purps x Blackberry Widow from CSI. Purple widow freak was the intended target.

1 Like

You are correct @Acro. The Blueberry Auto was gifted to me a LONG time ago from Breedbay but for the life of me I couldn’t tell you who they came from but do believe it’s early DJ Blueberry with possibly Lowryder but with the size of some of these plants (6’+ tall) it would seem unlikely. What I do know is the phenotypes are numerous and they have the capability of growing massive under a longer light cycle.

Alaskagrown

3 Likes

I second that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oddly enough one of the most trichome covered plants I’ve ever grown (top 3) came from these Blueberry Auto’s no joke! Everything was absolutely covered even the main stem…crazy!

Only problem was the structure was pure shit with the weakest density of anything I’ve ever grown in my life…but would have been good for hash production and actually had a pretty intense Blueberry smell/taste. The Blueberry smelling plants present themselves only 20-30% of the time…something I’m working of with future generations.

Alaskagrown

2 Likes

I did an increase with a hybrid hashplant blueberry/berry curry mom, a lanky blueberry/booberry narrow leaf mom, a Thai basil floral mom and have made small batches of seeds with some of their progeny.

I just popped 15 of the lanky mom’s beans and have now culled down to 3. There were 3 so far beyond the rest in vigor that it just made sense. The rest of them were a little disappointing.

This mom was a somewhat annoying plant, later to flower, wanted to stretch and stretch, and she was always looked like she was getting too much nitrogen. I gave some away to a growmie who has grown a boatload of clones and strains said it reminded him of sweetooth and was the terpiest auto he’s grown.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing those! They’ll be in my auto work for years to come and they were a blast to hunt through. If you’d ever like some progeny, just say the word :v:

2 Likes

The curry berry mom could clog joints like few plants I’ve ever grown. The webs half of some joints was like a leaky, sticky vape pen. She could also keep you up all night :flushed: but usually happily :joy:

1 Like

I had if my memory serves me 8 females and 5/6 males in a open pollination under 24 hrs light…phenotypes all over the place but that was my goal was to have the most open gene pool for future work….for this stage of the project more the merrier! :slight_smile:

Yes there are some duds but in the initial grow they all has something different to give and 3 plants had that Blueberry profile…I’ll be the first to admit the seedline needs a bunch of work but the potential is definitely there.

The Lavender Soda Berry female along with the Heavy Berry were my favorites…

Alaskagrown

2 Likes

Ok ya’ll, I’m going to attempt to reverse some girls… SLH Franco, Blueberry, and Original Diesel fur sure. S1 of each are likely as well as crosses, such as SLH x Blueberry, etc.

Space is limited since this wasn’t in the plans, so these may be small plants. There aren’t a lot of people following this so I’m comfortable saying this now. If you’d like something in particular, feel free to cast a vote and I’ll devote a little extra space to making fems if possible.

I hear two votes for blueberry S1…

2 Likes

I used that mendo purps x blackberry widow pollen to hit blueberry muffin F8

5 Likes

Little update on the pollinated BBM.

Some purple widow freak purpling (yes, that’s an action verb :joy:)

Letting her make flowers only for a first, and here’s her progeny, this one with a BBM x Vintage blueberry in the torture tent, plants struggling and dying around her, while she shows off :joy:

[

Might need to make some BX…

6 Likes