This is 99's Green House

LOL I’d like to book for 2 in the “Green” room :wink:

2 Likes

The GSC is starting to sag all over the place and the pistils have begun to fade.

This plant is going to take a long time to trim. Looks like it might be next.

2 Likes

Lookin super fly dope. Killing it!

1 Like

12 Likes

Time Wreck

13 Likes

Yard 2

Yard 3

7 Likes

Well, a lack luster summer ends with a bit of a crash. Spider mites have arrived.

They are all over the Grandaddy Purple and the took out one of the Time Wrecks.

I pulled both of the Diamonds & Pearls this morning and both were cut down to the bud. Those buds were put in the microwave oven for 30 seconds to eliminate any stragglers. These plants didn’t show signs of infestation but I don’t want them working their way into the buds. I took out the GSC yesterday and some of the Cheri’s earlier this week, so the damage was limited to those two plants.

I bleached the green house floor and I’ll take these two later today. They don’t show signs of infestation, but they will.

:disappointed:

9 Likes

Man you cant get a bug break this year :frowning2:

5 Likes

Oh no. Bastards. So sorry.

This infestation seems pretty far along. Were there any earlier signs? Or were you trying to control the population as long as possible? I’m only seeing, perhaps, one photo that might be indicative. Kinda seems like they exploded out of nowhere?

1 Like

They were probably making their moves a little before I caught up to them. They were all over two plants and I fear they have infested the entire structure. There was no sign of them on the last two plants. So I hope the bleach will slow them down long enough for me to get a day’s work in. I’ll pull these two tonight. Long one today.

4 Likes

Well I pushed ahead today, which means that is it for the green house this year.

Clean it up and try again next spring.

Thanks for coming by!

99%

14 Likes

While the green house crop was a bit of a disappointment, we did OK considering how little sun there was over the last 6 weeks. Early estimate is about a pound again this year.

11 Likes

Well the weather has turned crappy again.

Me and my self both couldn’t be bothered, so I had to take in Yard No 2.

There was one lower branch with bud rot started, so, a day late.

We still pulled more than a zip out of this volunteer.

9 Likes

Not a bad yield considering the issues you have had.

Outdoors must be tough. Too many variables. Part of me longs for the day I can shove some ladies outside but then you have a whole other learning curve.

2 Likes

:smile: new avatar…

@99PerCent My experience is that the Northern Mockingbird is far more loud & un-natural in urban/suburban & noisy areas than in more natural, sedate, woodland settings. They prefer wide open spaces & only hide when seriously threatened. The urban environment presents acoustic “competition” and the birds compensate (i.e it’s the NexTel bird, the cross-walk bird, the car-alarm bird) and also utilize artifical lighting to live without sleep, virtually. 2 birds can become 16 in one year. :unamused: They have no predators except me and domestic cats. They have migrated north from the Sonoran desert of Mexico since the 1970s. Self-deprecation joke:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

You may need to move north bro.

Here, they chatter a lot, but definitely imitating other birds and repeating their favorites along the way.

They remind me of noisy teenagers rambling the neighborhood. :smile:

Sorry the invasive ones are such a nuisance to you. Mother nature’s way.

Not a huge cat person either. They are not originally from around here. The feral population is infested with all manner of nasty things. They live short painful lives and they kill a great number of birds and other generally harmless things.

Pets are pets, but in what is left of the wild around here, cats are near the top of the problem list.

3 Likes

Eh, it’s me with the problem for sure. This hyperaccusis combines with ptsd to make me startle & echo-locate. I guess I was trying to say my birds are like the ghetto equivalent & worse… city mouse/country mouse :slight_smile:.

I won’t argue the cat problem but will say it’s an extension on human pollution, essentially a human problem, not a cat problem. I had a lot coming through my property until this year when I’ve let my dog have free-roam and she’s marked & chased enough that now I hear rats :unamused: and have to handle that asap.

“Barn” cats are free but we’d prefer a pet. I had a very friendly feral become my cat in between my last dog & the current one, & it passed away a couple of years ago. The dog’s been depressed since. The only thing holding me back is land-lord issues(my dad). I’ve disguised my dog’s indoor/outdoor life for a decade now. :unamused:

I would move if I could, oh yeah. Almost all noise bothers me and I’m surrounded by 3 freeways, 4 airports, & 4 million people who have shown me the apocolyptic future as promised. :smile: I have earplugs all over the place and sometimes double-up with earmuff protectors. But there’s this loud tinnitus ringing in my ears 24/7 too… :scales:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

I recognize that hack job! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Guess the lemon balm not working for you like it did for me.
I did learn to stop trying to block the noise out and instead play pink noise loud over it.
Your brain will “lower the volume” on the world if its loud but if you keep it quiet it will turn it up…
Hope you find something that works

3 Likes

hey man, i just wanted to suggest micronized sulfur. its very inexpensive and you do whole plant dunks while there young and in veg every 2 weeks. and lastly you spray at day 14 into flower. it prevents alot of pm and knocks russet and broadmites out along with thrips. you can use green cleaner to literally wash pm off of bud thats late into flower i will break some trichome heads but it will save a crop. you can also dunk with green cleaner to kill spider mites as sulfur ive found doesnt affect them. they both pass testing in california and are safe to use… i ran into some botrytis myself this year. always a bummer to lose part of the garden!

3 Likes